Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 187294 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter Final: Wonderful Blessing
« Reply #4845 on: June 22, 2022, 03:54:23 pm »

Yliss followed suit, taking her bag of gold and weighting it in her hands.

"Yeah, this is it, Keith. I will certainly miss y'all."
"Well, for those who have tablets, we could share contact data. And for those that don't..."
"... Heh... Will not be the easiest thing to keep in check with each other..."

She grew silent for a while, continuing to weight the bag. Not to make sure of its content, more to have something to do while passing the awkward silence. Then, all of a sudden...

"... What about an annual meeting? One day a year, all of us together in Ishim? Keith could tell Keilee and Vlad and maybe one of us will find Lillian and Selene and tell them?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: June 23, 2022, 02:44:47 am »

Asuna's face warped into a wince as all of the goddesses besides Serena trundled off into another room with morose looks on their faces.
:"Ahhhhhhhh, that's awkward."
:"I had a whole approach planned and... oh well. Uh, guess bothering them when they have to go deal with something like that isn't a great idea."

She let out a short sigh, put a hand on her cheek for a moment, and then suddenly turned to Serena (snagging the gold as an afterthought as she did).
:"Hey, uh, Serena? Can you talk to Titania when they're done dealing with Freya and she seems ready about reversing my wish?"
:"Not because it's your fault or anything... I don't remember if I've said this outright before or not, but it's not. I definitely made the wish to be like the character I wished to be like and it turned out I wasn't quite ready for what it meant just like really shockingly many other Revivians, Kaisei needs to have some sort of, like... support system in place at this point.." She shook her head a bit, getting her thoughts back on track.
:"But, uh, that's not the point. Like... this is my responsibility, despite the fact that I kept pushing off the blame and all... but, y'know..."
:"I think that playing a part stopping a massive conspiracy and, uh, immortal war probably still earns a second chance in that respect, you know? Plus, I honestly think that I've learned enough from all of this that I don't need the crutch, or want it. I'd be happy just to be let loose on my own."

:"Oh, and uhhhhhhh, I think that does sound nice, Yliss."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: June 23, 2022, 07:37:18 am »

Keith just looked mostly sad about the suggestion. He didn't know if he could take seeing his friends aging further every year while he never did. How would that reunion look in ten years? Twenty? Fifty? Would he be meeting with their children or grandchildren then, strangers who hadn't been through it and were just continuing a family tradition? Maybe it would be better to not commit.

"...Maybe. Who knows how busy we'll all be in the future."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: June 23, 2022, 08:18:41 am »

Yliss tilted her head in Keith's direction before the wires crossed in her brain.

"Ah, right, you..."
"Yeah, I get it. It would be less of an issue for you if you would, y'know, not be ageless..."
"... Maybe the Goddesses might be able to revert that, with your consent? Letting the biological clock tick again from now on? Sure, you'd still be a good number of years ahead mentally, but it's something... Although, you have to think about Vlad too, right?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: June 23, 2022, 08:43:58 am »

"...Yeah. He might have been a little taciturn and prone to setting fires but he was a good friend. I remember that much. Trust me, I'm not going to forget about Vlad."
Keith sighed.

"I'm not going to let them lock him up forever. I'm going to figure out where he is, how to get him out, and maybe try to help him get back that spark he had years ago when we met. Doesn't matter how long it takes or what I have to do. You're my friend too, Yliss, but... I think I might be the only friend he has. I'm not going to abandon him."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: June 23, 2022, 08:45:45 am »

"...I nearly forgot MPMH were getting paid for this. It was MMPHM very long journey, after all."
Jarvis moved closer to reach for the bag of gold with his name and gave a little shrug.
"I probably will visit MPMH village as soon as we are done here. But MPMH wish you all luck in your endeavors."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4851 on: June 23, 2022, 10:14:05 am »

"I suppose I will find suitable ways to amuse myself with the currency offered. It will ease the process of acquiring the various delicacies of the land, at least. It is difficult to force the corpse of a chef to provide you with food." Her usual arrogant bluster sounded rather hollow, especially in light of her previous silence.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:16:13 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: June 25, 2022, 12:55:37 pm »

"And so, it ends..." - Momotarou weighed his bag of swag. - "Definitely gonna exchange tablet numbers, that's for sure."

"I think this is the perfect moment to unironically say that the real treasure was all the friends we've made on this great journey. Call it corny, trite, cringe, I don't care... as I'm sure many of you will agree."

"Hey, Shoes... going on a trip like that - such, hmm... gourmet's pilgrimage - isn't that bad of an idea... but if you ever think about where you'd belong, you could give a shot at staying in Kaisei. You'd at least have someone nearby who knows you, not to mention friendly locals."

« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 03:02:53 pm by adzi »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: June 26, 2022, 03:23:52 am »

"Friendly locals my ass. Shoes puts a foot in there and she'll get swarmed and worshipped as a waifu."
"... Although if you know your way around the nation, it shouldn't be hard to avoid these kind of people. I mean, that beach location was pretty nice after all. Pretty sure Momo and I would prefer moving into a more quiet place in Kaisei in the first place, so you could hit us up."
"Momo will fulfill our duty of hospitality while I'll be too busy to rock the world of tablet gaming. I'm gonna channel Kaisei's collective cultural memory to recreate all those Nintendo classics. Either we can show the world what real gaming is about or Nintendo lawyers will drag me to court and if they do the latter, then we know that the path between Earth and Generia is a two-way street. It's a win-win."

Yliss looks to Keith again.

"You're gonna play Punch-Out!! and Contra again and witness all the gems you've missed out on. That's my promise."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: June 26, 2022, 05:13:35 am »

"Yliss, isn't that too early to make me the housewife? But yes, we need to deliver this world from the gacha hell. Just don't fall in the nostalgia trap, it ends badly."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: June 26, 2022, 10:36:15 am »

"Hmm, I do wonder MPMH  Milly will be doing now. And MPMH other demons, to be honest."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4856 on: June 26, 2022, 12:46:47 pm »

"I am uncertain that there is a place where I belong, but I intend to locate it. Your words are. . . not incurring of my almighty wrath." There was a suspicious pause as she looked for a way to express gratitude without saying "thank you." Having found it, she attempted to move on. "Perhaps something of similar import will draw worthy individuals to me - together once more." She couldn't help but spare a wistful glance toward Yliss and Momo. "If I have need of others to speed my crushing of enemies, I shall be certain to call upon you all. Be ready."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: June 29, 2022, 03:06:21 am »

"Hear me out, Shoes. You're one of the top adventurers in the world right now, and strong as hell in the bargain. I bet you could find a place with any guild you cared to - or start one of your own."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: July 10, 2022, 10:50:10 am »

42 took the only bag that had numbers rather than a name.

: "I have not yet found a new master to serve, and after all this time and all the places we have visited I calculate a 50.33% chance that one will not be found. I suppose I could use these funds to continue my search, but perhaps I can find a new purpose in life instead."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: July 10, 2022, 11:32:37 am »

Momotarou noticed the plight of 42.

"Hey, Yliss... think we could take 42 with us?"
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 328