Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328]

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 187367 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue A
« Reply #4905 on: April 08, 2023, 08:53:14 pm »

Shoes, Queen of Battle, Lord of Darkness, Seeker of Love
""And that's how, as far as I know, Shoes got a new business partner. The weird skeleton dude. Thanatos. Yeah. Maybe I should've hit him up. A girl needs a good wingman, after all. I can't say for sure if she really got what she wanted, but I hope she did. Really wish I got to know Shoes a little better.

Of course, what happened after that is a story for another time. "

Now, as for what happened to Asuna...

Epilogue B: Fighting Path to My Own Future

Six months after the fall of Freya....

The scene: Somewhere in the mountains of north Midgardia, about two hours out from Ishim by train. The last holdouts of the Demon Lord have been taken out or surrendered. The last major officer of the Demon Lord, Thanatos, has become an adventurer. Throughout Generia, dungeons have begun being cleared faster than ever before, as the guilds begin refocusing on new tasks now that the war, having lasted since time immemorial is over.

Adventurers are staring down the barrel of obsolescence, all things considered. Dragons are lazy and have slowly drifted towards residing in cities and towns as lazy benefactors to the rest of town, demons are beginning to work with others to repair the damage.

For one Asuna Ito, the question needs to be asked; what now?

"Asahi'll be here in a few minutes," Rosencrantz said, checking his crystal tablet.
This was a routine quest. Well, as routine as you could get in Generia.

A dragon - actually, a dragon and her daughter - were asking for a moving service to pick up their hoard and help them make their move. The mission was simple; guard the dragon and their hoard on the moving wagons until they got to Philomena Station at the end of the newly-constructed Kovitz Line, the suburbian line that got commuters in from the suburbs of Ishim. At that point, the Warriors would take over guarding the move.

It wasn't as pedestrian as one might think; after all, dragon's hoards were bountiful and plentiful, and the hoard was being carried from the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere, Midgardia. Any number of monsters, holdouts and what-not could interrupt the move. Of course, compared to a grand quest to take down the Demon Lord, it was absolutely nothing.

But stuff like this was all that was beginning to be left to someone like Asuna.
//Asuna may post.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B
« Reply #4906 on: April 08, 2023, 10:22:01 pm »

To tell the truth, Asuna had in fact expected that things would be a bit different. With the Demon Lord gone, maybe she hadn't quite expected that she'd get into the type of wacky insanity she'd heard down the grapevine that Shoes had gotten into a couple of months ago, storming the holdouts of demon lieutenants or whatever, but... scaling epic mountains vistas to hunt down grand monsters like dragons (the kind that weren't her former boss) and find treasures and all that. And now she was on a Definitely-Not-Very-Epic Mountain Vista (in fact, one could call it Just A Shitty Mountain Path, Full Of A Bunch of Muddy Dust That Kept Sticking To Her Boots And Staining Them, funny how that one never happened back when the anime was stuck to her), and her sum involvement with a dragon was acting as basically a moving company guy.

Still, she took a moment to drag her hand through her newly thick and wavy hair, the right shade of orange now and to feel the weight of the heavy, drab cloak she'd been adventuring around in since her wish had been reversed - and she was all smiles.

:"Great! I'm so glad Asahi agreed to come along. It's always a lot of fun whenever we go on a quest with her or one of the other adventurers. It's been getting harder to get some of those folks on board lately... but, you know." She made an entirely vague handwaving motion. "It is what it is."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: April 09, 2023, 01:59:37 pm »

"It is what it is."
Rosencrantz sighs, rubbing the back of his head.
"....yeah. Feeling like it really is the end of all that, huh? I mean, adventuring, and all."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: April 09, 2023, 07:04:12 pm »

Asuna shrugged fluidly in response - it was an alarming train of thought, but one that she had invested quite a bit of time into making less alarming.
:"Eh, nah. I'm sure there'll always be some weird thing or another around for people like us when the previous weird thing runs out. I couldn't imagine stopping with adventuring, myself. Maybe it'll look different, but you know, I'm happy handling it as it comes."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: April 14, 2023, 09:53:46 pm »

"I hear they're trialing, ah, this new thing. Adventurer-on-adventurer fights. You know, like that thing we did back against Kazuto's lot in Midgardia."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: April 16, 2023, 05:30:06 pm »

:"...huh. I guess that makes some sense. That one did seem to be pretty popular. I think I'd be pretty good at it, if the fight I had with Kazuto was any indication! But, you know, maybe it'd just actually end up with me or the other guy instantly punting each other, who knows, that one happens a lot too. I wonder if I could see myself doing that. It'd be fun, at least, and I'd like exercising the skills."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: April 24, 2023, 05:45:44 pm »

Rosencrantz lays back against the tree he's been sitting against.
"You're....really not the type to settle down, huh?"
He looks contemplative for a minute.
"I dunno. I think...I need to settle down myself. Not now, but...."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: May 25, 2023, 08:47:56 pm »

:"Huh? I mean, of course I'm not. I finally found what I've been looking for forever, and it's just finding a niche where I can do something I'm good at. I really want to avoid just sitting on my laurels for as long as I can."

She started a little as she realized the potentially insulting implication.
:"Uh, although of course I guess most people do find somewhere to set down permanently sooner or later. Where I come from, it was really a given that you'd do that in your 20s, although more in the sense of find a place to keep working... or, well, that was the idea, it tended not to work out that way in practice. It's just not the same thing with adventuring or... probably with whatever replaces it though, you know? I'm not exactly running a clerk job."
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328]