Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 183588 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B
« on: May 11, 2019, 03:27:04 pm »

Fire Emblem on Forums: Wonderful Blessing of Our Goddesses On This Beautiful World
~~Game Theme~~
~~~~RULES~~~~
1. All non-IC stuff is to be posted at the OOC thread. Violators will be whapped.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
Colored normal text for PC speech!
Colored italized text for PC thinking.
*Colored small text or between asterisks for PC whispering*
Normal text for generic descriptive text.
Bolded text for PC actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Players' actions -> GM resolves -> Player's actions -> GM resolves ... until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts Enemy/Ally Phase and new turn map -> Start again
If you need an action resolved before making another ask in the OOC thread.

4. Don't post until your character is properly introduced!

5. Be active if you can! I don't care if you don't want to RP, but try to post your action within a reasonable time. If you have to be warned several times your character may be automoved or put in the away list. If you can't post for personal reasons, try to warn the rest in the OOC thread. Delegating actions to other people is also allowed.
Definitely not ripped off from Solymr's posts, nope.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 08:54:49 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Prologue: 500 Miles
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 03:27:34 pm »

Prologue A: Symphony of Destruction

~~Chapter Theme~~
~~Two Weeks Ago~~
The scene: Ultima Fortress. The staging ground for the Demon Lord's quest to conquer all of Generia, to subsume the Ten Kingdoms under the reign of demons. The chief goal of all adventurers in Generia is to one day set foot upon the island of Ultima, which is protected by a powerful barrier, held up by the life force of each Demon General. One of the greatest achievements that all adventurers devoted to defeating the Demon Lord can achieve is the defeat of a single Demon General, weakening the barrier and allowing them to invade the Ultima Fortress. Today, the Demon Generals convene upon the order of the Demon Lord, to prepare for what may be the coup de grace upon the Ten Kingdoms, and may finally tip the balance in favor of the forces of the Demon Lord.

At least, that is what they intend to do. A saying that I've heard that might apply here is that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, a saying which here means "many failed endeavours begin with a zealous, but fruitless drive". For instance, one might feel the need to roll a boulder up a hill for fun, but find that doing so is easier said than done. In the case of the Demon Generals, they felt that they had discovered the right way to end the Ten Kingdoms once and for all, but such an endeavour may well be easier said than done.

A tall, imposing figure in armor, his distinctive helmet topped with protrusions resembling a bat's ears, gazes out over the darkened, craggy terrain of Ultima, the umber spires of the Ultima Fortress looming behind him, red banners bearing the Demon Lord's symbol, two hands outstretched below the chin of a beagle, flapping in the harsh winds of the island along with his black cape. He groans.
"....the others. The others still aren't here. This is ridiculous."
A clanking noise, the noise of a large figure walking in armor, can be heard behind him. The smaller man in armor sighs, turning to face the newcomer, peering up at their imposing form, a horned helmet peering down at him with beady, red eyes. The newcomer must have been at least twice their height, a gigantic hulk in metal, but both figures exuded a different sort of air; the smaller figure was dead serious, with a genuine threat to him, whereas the larger figure was far more lax, possessing the bearing of a particularly lazy cat rather than the Demon General they truly were. Especially with the human-sized crystal tablet within their hands, two of their fingers easily covering the whole thing.
"General Belphegor."
"General Mammon."
".....you're late, Belphegor. And showing up like this....we've spoken about this multiple times."
"I'm here, aren't I? I should have a medal."
"Not the point-"
The discussion between the two armored figures was suddenly cut off by them being joined by three more figures, a sleek, black-haired woman in a slick, jet-black, revealing dress, a broad-chested, exuberant blonde man in armor, and a serious-looking, red-headed man, stalking behind the newcomers.
"Well, hellooooo ladies. Looks like you're getting the party started without me, huh?"
"Shut up, Lucifer. You've been showboating since we left Midgardia. We could have done without you flirting with that succubus."
"Aww, poor grumpy bear. Maybe if you lightened up a little and quit doing your best impression of a constipated grandfather, maybe you might be a little fun to be around?"
"I am General Satan of the Demon Lord's forces and I will not be insulted-"   
"Oh, would you two give it a rest? Seriously, I don't know how you two put up with each other if you're at each other's throats so much."
"I don't envy you at all, Asmodeus. Honestly, how you put up with those two-"
Mammon smashed his fist on the parapet, garnering the attention of the entire group, the balcony falling to silence as he drew himself to his full height.
"Enough. This incompetence is the reason we have spent so long in a deadlock against the Ten Kingdoms! Behave yourselves; I expect more out of those who call themselves generals of the Demon Lord, especially considering the subject of this meeting."
"Whatever you say, dad. You dragged our butts all the way from Midgardia just to talk?"
"Petulant child-!"
"Mammon, my dear. Please, calm down."
Mammon, as well as the rest of the assembled Demon Generals, looked towards the entrance into the castle to see a pale-skinned, black-haired woman in a simple dress with golden trim. A gentle half-smile floated on her lips, aimed at only one person in particular. Mammon seemed to shrink, his eyes staring at the woman who was approaching.
"Leviathan....my darling. I.....sorry."
"Nothing to apologise for, my dear."
"I can never stop those shivers up my spine when I see that woman....her and Mammon, a match made in heaven."
"That's because you've never seen a man really in love with this wife. The only kind of girl who'd marry you has more looks than brains."
"T-that's rich, coming from you!"

"Ladies and gentlemen. If you will?"

The Generals all gazed towards the reason they had all been assembled.

A man in dark, refined clothing strolled forwards, eyes concealed by a half-mask, half-black, half-white, carefully groomed platinum-blonde hair poking out over the top. He adjusts his collar gently. The Generals, even Mammon and Leviathan, knelt, hand on heart; save for Belphegor, with one hand still playing on the crystal tablet they had brought in.
"Lord Mephistopheles. I apologise for the indiscretions of my comrades-"
"No need to apologise, sir Mammon. We are all friends here. All of you, stand up. I've drafted up the plans, in accordance with Mammon and Leviathan's recommendations."

The entire group stood up, listening intently. Lucifer rolled his eyes, muttering under his breath.
"Of course Mammon drew up the plans. Someone's always got to be the favorite."
Mephistopheles breathed in deeply, preparing to go through his plan.
"This plan may well tip the balance in our favor at long last, ladies and gentlemen....wait a moment. Where is General Beelzebub?"
"The fat bastard's still in Blobbonia, presumably."
".....that's fine. Plans can always be changed. I will get in contact with him personally. In any case....this plan may change the very balance of our eternal war on the Ten Kingdoms."
"For years, our approach has always been to remain in the shadows, to conduct the war from behind the safety of the Great Barrier. However, all of us have talents that may well be of use to the war effort. Lucifer, you're good with people. Satan, you're a keen fighter, ruthless. Asmodeus, your charms and connections with the succubi and the dream brothels are invaluable. Belphegor, you've got the monetary links. Beelzebub....well, Beelzebub has their....unique talents. Leviathan, you have some leverage in Kaisei, and Mammon, you're our best tactician. It's time to use those talents outside of Ultima. Essentially, your missions are either to destabilise the kingdom's governments or prevent adventurers from continuing to pass through.

Belphegor, you will go to Begnin. I'm sure the test sites there have plenty of underpaid employees; you sort that out. Lucifer, you handle Bastapa; your personality is uniquely suited to cosying up to the madmen who run amok there, and we just need one egotistical maniac to throw their voting system into chaos. Satan, we need you in Wybernia; the wyvern corps of the kingdom are relatively tough, but I'm sure you can find a way to deal with them. Asmodeus, you're going to Midgardia, which is essentially home territory for you, given your line of expertise. Beelzebub will stay in Blobbonia, and I will deliver his mission to him personally. Leviathan will handle Kaisei, use her contacts there, and Mammon will attempt to collapse the defense line in Penultia, to give us a foothold on the mainland.

If all goes well.....the kingdoms will collapse within a matter of weeks, if not months. Meanwhile, I will stay here, doing the will of our greater hellish master, preparing our vanguard to break the weakened line of defenses at Penultia and we will regroup there. Any questions?"

"Ah, yeah. That's it? No bigger plan, no coordination? Leading from the front's pretty dangerous for a general. You know that kinda thing's just in books, right?"
"I'm trusting you to use your judgement, sir Lucifer. You all have armies of your own; stay out of the spotlight, use your men to protect yourselves and try not to get in trouble. This is an incredibly risky venture, I understand, but...."
"The tide has stayed too long in favor of the Kingdoms. We must change our tack or else we risk an eternal stalemate from which we cannot break. You have your orders. We ride out in the morning."
".....if that is all, I'd like to call an end to the meeting to....get this down in writing. Our greater master will need to be informed...in their own way, of course.

Well, off you all go, then. You have kingdoms to topple. In the name of the Demon Lord, be underway."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:24:16 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 03:28:08 pm »

Prologue B: (We Would Walk) 500 Miles

~~Chapter Theme~~
~~Present Day~~
The scene: The Seedsprout Road. The long, winding, well-travelled path between the town of Seedsprout, known for being the beginning of the Seven Kingdom Path, the long path of trials necessary for any adventurer to become accepted among their adventurer allies, the Seedsprout Road is well-supplied with inns, stables and shops, except for the final stretch bridging the Balamb River and the Begnin Gate. Crossing into Begnin for an adventurer is an easy affair of presenting the Adventurer Card that all adventurers must hold to the guards (no Emblems are needed to adventurers to pass into Begnin, unlike other Kingdoms), where they will be allowed into the small trading town past the gate.

At least, that is what our heroes intend to do. In reality, given the level of expertise of our heroes, the appropriate descriptor would be to call this a Sisyphean task, a saying which here means "a fruitless task initiated by a childish goddess for exorbitant amounts of money". Sisyphean tasks are often difficult, if not impossible, to complete, akin to completing a particularly difficult essay, or attempting to best a master gymnast at the triple jump. Such tasks are not engaged in by the sane, unless some incentive is given to complete the task, such as in this case, exorbitant amounts of money.

The wind blows gently across the flat plains of northern Cornelia. Behind the rag-tag group slowly trudging its way up the long Seedsprout Road, Seedsprout Town lies far in the distance. In front of them, the Begnin Gate stands tall, a section of wall wedged between two mountains along the Begnin-Cornelia border, old, strong masonry built by dwarves bribed with more than sufficient amounts of Cornelian beer. The gate had taken something of a hallowed status, almost like Seedsprout Town itself, marking the beginning of a new journey....

....or the ending of a journey for those who, unable to cope with the actual workload necessary to become an adventurer, decided to do anything from pursue banditry to become a common lout and a pest upon all hard-working people.
"Ugggghh. Are we there yet? We've been walking for hours! Hours, Keith, HOURS! My feet can't take it anymore!"

//Keith, Asuna, Jarvis, Vlad and Keilee may post!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 04:05:23 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 03:38:28 pm »

"Isn't that the gate right there? Have a little patience."

Keith shoved his hands in the pockets of his long coat.

"Vlad, Keilee, how are you two holding up?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 03:50:57 pm »

Keilee hadn't been paying attention to much, merely watching where she was going as best she could. This task was made more difficult due to the fact that she only had the few feet of ground in front of her to work off of due to her downcast gaze, though with Keith's question she finally looked up.
"I'm doing just fine, Master Keith. The walk hasn't been too bad so far."
With her piece said, Keilee's eyes quickly returned to the road.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 03:57:09 pm »

"I'm a goddess. Goddesses don't need to be patient!"
"But....if that's the gate....then I suppose I'll allow myself to deal with this indignity a little longer."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 03:58:53 pm »

"So I got my adventurer license a long time ago and I don't remember what we're supposed to do at the gate. Do we just show them our cards or what?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 04:06:13 pm »

"Just show the guards your card and assuming you haven't, say, made it invalid in the day or so since we left Seedsprout Town somehow, they'll wave you through and boom, we're in. At least, I think that's how it works. I'm not some expert on adventurers."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 06:16:23 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 04:31:19 pm »

"Patience is required whenever we do something that MMHPMH a lot of time. Plus it didn't even MMHMHPMHM long."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 04:50:18 pm »

An unblinking visage of hate, a wrathful gaze, burned down on Serena as the party walked, a force of rage, one that had been unwavering in its baleful power for the duration of their journey, a spectre of enmity, a glare of fury unending.

Except that maybe it wasn't actually that unblinking, as its bearer was just human and though she was staring daggers at Serena she sometimes had to blink a couple of times and look away because she'd been staring too hard and it kind of dried her eyes out a little.

And also not that unwavering because another thing distracting the glarer was that her feet honestly hurt pretty badly at this point too.

BUT STILL. Asu-- uh-- Rio-- was sure as shit trying to glare unblinkingly, and it's the thought that counts.

:"..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 05:17:09 pm »

Keith turned to look at Asuna.

"You got a problem, lady? You've been silently pissed off this whole time."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 05:20:10 pm »

:"I am a problem."
Having quickly shot that off, Asuna then paused.
:"...but yes. Serena knows what she did."
Oh, and there was the staring again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 05:22:18 pm »

"Jesus Christ."

Keith rubbed his forehead while addressing his compatriots.

"Well, at least I can rely on you two. And tall boy doesn't seem that bad. These girls, though..."

The vampire sighed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 05:22:59 pm »

-snip-
"Uh, what are you even talking about? You've been staring at me since this morning and I don't even know why."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:24:57 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 05:34:56 pm »

:"SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE DID."
As— Rio continued staring at Serena, undaunted by little things such as the fact that Serena had in fact no idea what was going on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 328