Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 186634 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Prologue: 500 Miles
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2019, 04:13:49 am »

The captain gives Rosencrantz one more glare, looking between Keith and Jarvis and the goblin. He sighs, adjusting his glasses and softening his stare.
"Alright. Sonny, you better remember you're on thin ice. Don't get in trouble while you're in Begnin or you'll be locked up like your brother here."

He turns to the rest of the party, a curt smile beneath his mustachioed lip. Before he speaks, he briefly nods to several officers passing by him to repair the abandoned wagon behind the adventuring grorup.
"....enjoy your stay in Begnin. If you're here for the Trials, I'd advise you to head up to the capital, Initia. Their centre's the best for new adventurers like yourselves. If you pass, they'll give you an Emblem. Easier than doing a quest 'round here, anyway. And uh....try not to beat anyone else up. We only believed you because Midgardia warned us about these goons. You do this stuff again, we'll have to hold you while we figure out what's right and what's not."

He nods at the group, and then sets off to handle Guildenstern, who he crouches behind, handcuffing his wrists. The goblin stirs, initially confused.
"....huh?"

"Guildenstern of Midgardia, you are under arrest for assault and attempted kidnapping."

"W-what? I-I had nothing-"

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney; if you do not have one, one will be appointed to you."

Guildenstern blinks, before looking fearfully towards his older brother.
"I-I ain't got the money for some lawyer! Ross! Hey, man! Help me out here, will ya? We're still brothers, aren't we?"
"You think I got money? I'm broke too, Gil, no thanks to you! "
"Come on! Call John! John'll have money! I-I can't go to prison, man! All I was trying to do was make a living!"
"....if you think I was angry with you, how do you think John feels about you?"
"Come on! We're brothers! Help me!"

He struggles, weakly, as the captain, with surprising strength from his short frame, hoists the goblin up like a sack of particularly weak potatoes. Guildenstern continues protesting, but it's increasingly clear he isn't really all that strong and simply just gets dragged away.

Not long after, the rest of the cops leave, with the vast majority pulling the repaired wagon through the gate, with it the last of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's life savings. Silence falls upon the area for a few, brief moments.

The moment he's sure no more cops will come to arrest him too, Rosencrantz breathes a sigh of relief.
"....I seriously, seriously owe you guys. I've been covering for him so long I was pretty sure I was gonna end up going to prison for him somehow, good grief."
"....but, now I got a problem. That....was the last thing I had. Apart from a few things I still have on me, I got no money or nothing. So, uh.....you guys don't mind if I tag along? I'll be fine if you guys don't need an extra hand, I can handle myself. I just....need to figure things out, is all."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2019, 04:30:17 am »

"Well, you're free to come with us, if you can avoid pissing her off." Vlad pointed a thumb towards Asuna.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2019, 08:18:30 am »

Keilee was pulled out of her distrustful glare at the cops by the conversation about the long one's head. She mumbled something about thinking it was just his head, but soon took more interest in Keith. Seeing he looked a bit down she moved to pat his head, figuring that if it made her feel better, it would make him feel better.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2019, 08:28:56 am »

"...Hmm?"

Keith blinked and returned to the present at the unexpected but not exactly unwelcome headpatting.

"That's unlike you. What's that for?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2019, 08:45:11 am »

Keilee smiled as her attempt at making Keith feel better appeared to work.
"Well, you looked kind of sad about something so I thought that you'd... like it?"
Keilee looks a bit more uncertain as she finishes her sentence, which is followed by her pulling back a little.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2019, 09:10:24 am »

"No, it's fine! I wasn't expecting it, that's all."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2019, 09:40:00 am »

Keilee nods, and after a moment starts petting Keith again.
"I don't know what it was you were thinking about, but if I can help I'll do my best. If you request it at least."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2019, 09:50:40 am »

"Oh, right."

"I think I just kinda... realized what immortality and reincarnation actually means."

Keith took a hand out of his pocket and held it palm up slightly to the side of his chest.

"Well, we all get homesick sometimes, I guess."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2019, 02:59:38 pm »

"As long MPMH someone isn't hunting you down or you have a bounty on your MPMHPM somewhere else, I don't see why not."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2019, 07:07:20 pm »

Rosencrantz looks relieved, giving the group an easy smile. It's clear he massively appreciates this.
"Thanks a bunch, guys. I guess I'll tag along. Gotta make it up to you guys for my brother, you know? Especially her," he says, pointing to Asuna. "I'll do my best to help you guys. I'm not that good, but I'll think of something."

Rosencrantz has joined the party.

Serena, on the other hand, frowns, looking irritated this whole thing was undertaken without her approval.
"Man, now I gotta pay YOU too? Ugh, fine. As long as you pull your weight and keep all their swords from my face, you can get the same deal the rest of these guys have. Maybe."
"....aaaand now I already regret asking. But, on the other hand, it's this or ending up homeless."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 07:00:16 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2019, 03:56:44 pm »

After a little while collecting their thoughts (and Rosencrantz debating whether throwing his lot in with this group of maniacs), the group proceeds into the Begnin Gate, taking their first step on what should likely be the most epic, impactful journey of their lives, with surely epic battles against the forces of the Demon Lord, the source of all evil upon Generia, one for which all of the group shall be forever known in song and poetry and for the rest of all time.

That is, if you were reading a different story, about a different group. Perhaps you should try that instead; there are countless other heroes to read about in Generia, like the Five Heavenly Generals, the Sleeping Knights, or absolutely anybody else.

....still here?

Well, a shame. You should've taken the opportunity to run while you could, much like Rosencrantz should've. Or, well, literally the rest of the group should've, the moment Serena showed up.

In any case, as the group walks into Begnin, the late afternoon sun begninning its journey to sink behind the mountains of southern Begnin, Serena pauses a moment, to look behind her, as if feeling a presence, letting the entire group go past her for a moment, just a single moment.

"....there's no way those cops didn't arrest all of those guys....right?"

Nothing seemed to come to Serena's attention immediately, despite her probing the surroundings. After a pregnant pause, she sighed, closing her eyes.

".....it's probably nothing. Wait...they left without me? C-come back! Keeeeeeith!"

As Serena walks away with a shrug, yelling at Keith to wait for her, all of them completely miss a mysterious, robed figure, watching them from beneath a tree on the Seedsprout Road. Their entire head is concealed by a giant hood, with two red beads of light peering out from the darkness within, following the path of the group. Their body is unnaturally thin, as if comprised of branches, twigs and stricks, the robe hanging off of them and billowing in the late afternoon wind. A nasal, high-pitched voice issues from beneath the hood.

"Iiiiiiinteresting. Very iiiiiinteresting. The Revivian with the sword......she seems dangerous. And the green-haired girl...she has power like nobody else in Generia. It is as if she a walking fount of magic, as if she were producing it simply by existing! But what could she beeeee?!"

They rub their chin with two spindly white fingers, before clapping their thin, bony white hands together.

"No possible way they're a powerful adventurer, ohohoho, she's too weak and useless. But what, what could she be? Nothing to do but watch, watch them some more! After all....it's not like Lord Mephistopheles has any need of the powers of the Lord of Death, Thanatos Morta Chrysanthema any time soon! Wahahahahahahah-!"

Their manaical laughter is interrupted by a fit of hoarse, dry coughing, a butterfly fluttering from their unseen mouth. After a moment of brief confusion, they run after the butterfly, grasping at it with their hands to catch it.

"No! Miiiister Jiiiingles! Get back here! Lord Thanatos needs you!"

Running off into the wind, Thanatos Morta Chrysanthema, Lord of Death, King of the Afterlife, Conqueror of the The End of Life and Arch-Necromancer of the Demon Lord, runs after a butterfly.

As the group walks into the trading post and small town built up behind the Begnin Gate, looking for their night's accomodation, all eyes are on them as weird adventurers; after all, walking into a town with a man dressed as the Generian equivalent of Bigfoot, an angry Revivian in strange white garb (not a rarity amongst Revivians), two vampires with one dressed like some sort of deranged clown, a shy sheep Beastfolk and finally a madwoman taking her time to look at every shiny thing she can find and badmouthing every symbol of every goddess in sight before being smacked aside the head by the one goblin of the group (and the most normal-looking one) tends to turn eyes towards you.

Of course, most of these people then go about their day afterwards; the group aren't the first weirdos, nor even the third, nor even the hundreth to walk past the gate's entrance. Countless groups of adventurers walk in, full of all sorts of ragtag misfits, rogues of ill-repute, possible circus rejects and the like. After giving them maybe one or even two glances, they'll look away, no longer interested in what are just clearly another group of adventurers.

"Ugh, damn it! Fucking Asteria, again?! She's not even a GOOD SSR!"

As the group walks into the marketplace, however, a single pair of eyes follows the group a little too closely and a little too accurately.

"....no way."

Their eyes fall on one specific member of the group, the tablet in their hands playing Clash of Legends left hanging with Asteria's summoning quote playing with nobody listening.

"No fucking way."

Specifically, their eyes are following Asuna, as he pockets the tablet.

"That's NOT Asuna. No. Nobody's stupid enough to wish they were Asuna here. Right?"

Their eyes trace Asuna's shape; her hair, her clothing, her face. Their suspicions were confirmed. It was, almost certainly, some Revivian who'd wished to look exactly like Asuna Yuuki from Sword Art Online.

In another life, he might have even approached her. But he lived in Generia now, and he knew exactly what that meant.

".....that poor fucker. She didn't even stand a chance reincarnating into Generia like that. What kind of a dumbass wishes to be everyone's favourite anime waifu? Why'd you wish to be goddamn Asuna?! That's like wishing to become fucking REM! Did she even think that through?! You can't even look Asuna up on Google without seeing some clock with Asuna's tits hanging out on the face! Then again...."

The man whose eyes were on the unfortunate Revivian looks into a puddle.

"I can't exactly talk about stupid wishes."

He groans, placing his face in his hands in exasperation.

".....I gotta finish this quest to kill the Demon Lord already. Maybe that Freya chick will let me undo this wish already so I can not be Kirito anymore. Seriously, what the hell was I thinking? Since my name's Kazuto Kirishima and it's not far from Kirito, haha, obviously I should literally become the hero of my favourite light novels after getting run over by a parade float? What kind of stupid idea was THAT?! Humans were stupid before and now they got their chance to play out all their revenge fantasies! Damn lapses in judgement-"

Kicking the cobblestones in anger, Kazuto feels the familiar aura of Revivian behind him suddenly. Without looking, he already knows.

They're angry fanboys, and they really, really hate Sword Art Online.

And Kirito specifically.

He groans, again, drawing one of his two swords from their scabbard. They weren't worth both of them.
"Alright, boys. Let's make this quick. I gotta buy dinner tonight and make my way out of here before more of you assholes show up."

Two weeks ago, in Initia....

"I-I'm afraid he isn't here, tonight."

"What do you mean he isn't here?"

"I mean His Majesty isn't h-here tonight! H-he's gone, on.....i-important business, yes! T-to Midgardia!"

A lone, tiny courtier, grey-haired and wrinkled, was all that stood between the Initia Royal Palace, seat of all power in the Kingdom of Begnin and the residence of the King of Begnin itself, and Belphegor, Lord of Sloth and General of the Demon Lord. Their imposing, gigantic armored form stood taller than any mere man, red eyes glaring upon the small man, as rain clattered off their dark armor, a coastal storm battering the capital of Initia. Before them stood the royal seat of power, a massive edifice of white marble hewn into shape by the great dwarven architects and properly made useful by humans, minarets and towers erupting from the top and in the harsh storm winds, the red banner of Begnin blowing in the wind.

"Important business?"

"Y-yes! Please, turn away now, o-or I will be forced to call the guards! Y-you're not....a d-demon, are you?!"

"....you know what, I'm tired of keeping this facade up for so long. It's raining. I want to get in, you don't want to be here. I'll pay you five hundred Rhea to let me stay here for a couple of weeks. Then I'll leave, no strings attached."

The courtier looks up at the armored figure, dumbfounded.

"...f-five hundred rhea? S-surely not. S-surely you're joking."

"Five hundred isn't enough? Fine. Six hundred."

"I am an officer o-of the King of Begnin! I-I will not be bribed-"

"Fine. One thousand, five hundred rhea."

The courtier simply stares at them, completely lost for words for a minute.
"......t-that much?"

"Yes. That much."

"....w-well, um....perhaps some arrangement can be made-"

"Sweet. Get out of my way. Boys, let's bring it in."

Snapping their armored fingers, Lord Belphegor shoves the courtier out of the way and trundles into the palace with a mechanical clank in every step, as a pair of small, green-skinned imps trundle up to the man, beginning to drop bags of coins in front of him. Several winged demons follow their lord in the palace, carrying all sorts of devices with them; crystal tablets, orbs and devices that the courtier could not even comprehend the use of, as well as various Clash of Legends paraphenalia. The courtier knew of the game; he wasn't into it, but he knew it was a popular trend among the younger generation and adventurers to play the game.

He calls out to Belphegor, after a brief moment.

"W-where are you going?"

"To set my stuff up. It's raining, get inside or you'll catch a cold or something."

As the courtier, after a moment, nods and runs inside, Belphegor groans audibly.

"I can't believe I had to drag myself all the way out HERE to do work for Mammon. Well....I might as well pretend like I care about this whole mess. Still can't believe those guys were so easy to bribe AND that the King isn't here."
"And that's two weeks Mammon thinks I'll be doing his work, right? Two weeks to get what's really important out of the way."

Their eyes follow the winged demons carrying in their Clash of Legends paraphenalia behind them. Belphegor smacks their helmet, forcing their head forwards.

"Maybe this stupid thing WAS useful after all, no matter how much of a piece of junk it is."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 05:15:52 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2019, 05:15:24 pm »

Chapter 1: Starting Life With This Useless Goddess From Zero

~~Chapter Theme~~
~~Present Day~~
The scene: Initia, the capital of Begnin, the seat of power in the kingdom, sitting near the western coast of Generia on the Mizuno Sea.  One of the oldest cities in Generia, Initia is well-known for the history behind it as the first city that was ever built outside of Cornelia, and the base of the legendary adventurer Cecil to take all of Generia under the banner of the forces of the Goddess. Since then, Initia has been a vibrant hub of life, with something for historians, merchants, adventure seekers, pleasure seekers and anyone in general. Countless Adventuring Guilds have begun in Initia and still have bases here, owing to the environment in which they being; Begnin's famous Adventurer Trials, special scenarios to further train adventurers in combat, negotiation and foraging, among other skills, with a dedicated staff of hundreds. Successfully passing a Trial is grounds to receive the Begnin Emblem, one of the seven necessary Emblems to be recognised as a true adventurer who has completed their training. It is at one of these trial centers that our heroes line up today, hoping to gain an easy Emblem and so pass to the Kingdom of Bastapa in the north.

At least, that is what our heroes intend to do. In reality, what our heroes are about to understand is that here is where the rubber meets the road, a saying which here means "a test of patience initiated by having to wait in long queues to enter a place of great importance". For instance, our heroes today have their resolve to pass the Trials and so leave Begnin tested by the very, very long line for the trials that they have waited in for a very long while.

The morning sun has risen, and the group has made its way to the center, to get an early start on the line. It didn't take long to find a training center, not long at all; after all, there were countless dozens of them in Initia alone. Serena insisted on picking the one that was closest instead of the best one, for want of not walking too far and hurting her feet again. And so, because of Serena, the group drags itself out of the cheap inn they presumably stayed in, and with the rising of the sun, made its way to join the queues at the Burhardt Reddig Center.

The Burhardt Reddig Training Center was a large, stone building, hewn as if it were plucked from the ground and rooms carved into it instead of built, brick by brick, towards the ports of Initia. The center, named for a famous mage who specialised in close-ranged magic and who established the training center, has the name engraved across the top of the massive set of wooden doors that mark the entrance, with a squat, wart-ridden goblin in armor at the entrance, barring anyone in the queue from walking in until the center opens at nine, roughly half an hour from now. On the right side of the entrance, a wooden notice board is mounted, with differing scores for different groups that entered the center, with higher scores being celebrated. The highest scoring group are, of course-

"Those Heavenly General idiots. Of course they made it high with their fancy swords and their fire magic. Show-offs."
Serena huffs, crossing her arms and looking away from the notice board.
"They're not even that great at adventuring. What makes THEM so good, huh?"

Rosencrantz, standing behind Asuna, groans.
"Would you shut up for two seconds? It's eight in the morning, Serena, it's too early for this."
"All I'm saying is, if people stopped fawning over those guys for two seconds, they'll see THEM for who they really are!"

Meanwhile....

A group of different adventurers is right behind a yelling green-haired lady and her ragtag bunch of misfits. Drawn together by some greater fate, you are all destined to become the greatest adventurers Generia has ever known, and all this is is the start of your rise.

.....well, no, that's not quite true. What you really are is a bunch of random adventurers who just so happened to end up in the same portion of the queue as others. Not particularly exciting, after all, to be one among many.

Still, it's better than a life of boredom. For whatever reasons you have, you are here, in the queue, and in front of you are probably fellow adventurers of your kind. Perhaps you find them interesting, and want to talk with them a little, or perhaps they're annoying, and nothing would please you more than to shut them up. Nonetheless, they're here, in front of you, and they're the most interesting thing in the queue right now.

//Gnome Jenkins, 42-1 and Yliss Wander are in.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 03:08:19 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2019, 05:18:18 pm »

"Do these scores actually matter? We can just complete it and move on, right?"

Keith looked over the notice board.

"Well, this should be easy for us."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, you need fifty points or up to pass. It ain't that hard. Everything after that's just bragging rights. From what I remember of these Trials....they usually dump you in a village with a bunch of villagers you need to protect and some goblins from a goblin tribe you need to beat. They don't tell you how you need to do it, only that the goblin tribe needs to stop bothering the village."
"So in practice as long as you do it right, you can do anything from bribe the guys to beat the crap out of them and pass. They just score you on how fast you do it, if anyone gets hurt or if you're creative."
"....I used to want to be an adventurer, that's why I know this. Theeeeeen Guildenstern ruined that for me."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I'll just challenge all of them to get in the ring with me."

"Maybe we can even advertise ahead of time and draw a decent gate. The return of The American Wolfhound to the squared circle! The first hunt of a twenty year slumber!"

That kind of hyperbole appealed to his sensibilities.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 328