Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 186774 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 2: I'm an Anime Waifu, So What?
« Reply #1920 on: December 24, 2019, 04:11:10 pm »

"No problemo. Take it easy out there."

Keith waved as Rena left.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 25, 2019, 05:34:05 am »

"Alright. See you, Rena."

She looked after Rena until the latter was out of earshot.

"Her goodbye gave me a very weird vibe... As if millions of heartcells suddenly cried out in desire, and were suddenly silenced."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: December 25, 2019, 05:34:57 am »

Later, down the road from the campground....
"Fantine, don't give me that look."
"....."
"I personally dont see what's wrong with you just letting her blow something up every so often."
"A little quieter, please. I can't read this map with all of you talking....."
"You mean, aside from the massive property damage? Man, I'm halfway to broke paying off the guys we did our last quest off because Fantine here blew up the chest we were supposed to go grab! Can't you use, like, wind spells? You're half-sprite, your people are supposed to know wind spells!"
"Other forms of magic are inferior to fire magic! There's no way I'd use something like that!"
"Also, I..uh....might have also slept through those classes back in the Academy...ehehe..."
"Well, I for one thought that was a success. They were happy to get rid of that flycatcher in their basement, weren't they? Besides, we still made a little money, so look on the bright side."
"You were enjoying the inside of that giant flycatcher's mouth way, way too much, Miria. Please, please don't talk about that being a success."
"How could I not? It was nice and warm and.....oh, I could feel the tendrils going places....it was so-OW!"
A sharp thwack on the head, courtesy of Fantine, silences Miria. The small, half-sprite girl crosses her arms disapprovingly.
"Not the kind of pain I like, Fantine!"
"T-too much information! We talked about this! Ugh, sometimes, I swear, if you weren't my roommate...."
"Dammit. Taro, have you figured out that map we got from that drunk yet? I wanna get to Primero so we can visit Borea's temple there, see if we can't figure out what happened to her."
Taro grimaces at Kazuto, as he holds up a stinking piece of parchment, scrawled and drawn upon with what might vaguely look like a map, the other hand pinching his nose shut. The map smells of strong alcohol.
"You could've gotten us a map from somewhere else. This thing's kicking off my inner hypochondriac."
"Well, my tablet's on the fritz and none of you guys somehow own one, so it was that or buying a map off those Anna chicks! What the hell were they selling, money trees?! Besides, you can blame our friendly goddess here for deciding to spend money on buying a map from that drunk guy!"
"He promised he'd help us if we paid him! He seemed honest...."
"He spent the entire conversation trying to look down your dress, Borea. And Miria's, not that she really minded."
Borea, as if suddenly aware of her poor fashion choices, places her hands over the top of her dress.
"O-oh. I....I thought he was just....he said he was trying to find something of his...."
"Well, we still got a problem, pervy drunk or no pervy drunk. Right now, we gotta pay back those guys AND have enough money to feed ourselves....which requires doing a pretty big quest. And we don't have enough party members to even think of doing the one with the Minotaur. So I'd like to find the fastest way to Primero so we can go pick up a larger party sometime in the next century-"

At that very moment, a woman in a maid costume with blue hair covering one eye sauntered past, carrying firewood back to the site, humming a tune only Kazuto and Taro recognised, followed closely behind by two gargoyles flying in the air, bundles of sticks under each arm.

"Oi, Rena, luv, ya think this'll be enough fer ta fire? We wuz thinkin' we'd roast up that big sal'ed pork we got in the tent, the one ol' Andy was keepin'."
"Jeff n' I are gettin' propa 'ungry. All dis fightin' business really gets yer a-puh-tite goin'."
"Yeah, we really need to go questing ourselves a little soon. I really didn't think this whole Rosencrantz thing through, huh...."

As the trio walked away, oblivious to the adventuring party they'd just passed, Taro simply looks over to Kazuto, eyebrow raised.
"Oh no. Don't you even think about it."
"You asked, the Adventurer Gods answered. Come on, beggars can't be choosers."
"You said that the last time, and look where it got us!" Kazuto complained, pointing at Fantine and Miria bickering about the earlier slap around the head.
"Kazuto, we're a bunch of Revivians, with a ditz of a goddess, a pyromaniac fairy and a masochistic elf woman. If you think any sane party's gonna want us, you've got higher hopes than me. Besides, that Rem lookalike was pretty cute. And besides, if we're going to wait for the perfect party, we'll never figure out how Borea here ended up....well, here."
"Can I ask what a ditz is? It sounds like a compliment. Is it a compliment?"
".....okay, fine, I'll ask them. But I'm taking Fantine with me and the rest of you can stay here. You got that?"
"....I'd still like to know what a ditz is, please...."

A week later, in Methiant...
Three figures stood atop a building over the bustling market of the capital of Bastapa. Even at night, the place was busy, with the sounds of people haggling over prices below, the furious sounds of arguments in the Bastapan Parliament down the road over what sounded like a law banning plaid from being worn in the city center, and the twittering cries of nightingales scarcely heard over the market.

Lucifer sits down, groaning, his legs dangling over the edge of the building.
"That Baron....he's a real hard man to tempt. He's.....not a man of many vices. Except maybe a good steak."
Satan, the second figure, crossed his arms, his messy hair flying about in the night wind.
"Lazy bastard. I bet you didn't even try."
"Oh? What makes you say that, Satan dear?"
"Are you seriously telling me that you, who manages to charm multiple men and women into your bed on a nightly basis, can't charm a single man into doing your bidding? Don't give me that bullshit, Luce."
"Well, it's not like Airmlaidre wants to sleep with me. You need a different touch. A man like him understands strength and only strength. Me playing up his confidence isn't going to work when he's got plenty of it without me trying."

Asmodeus, the third figure, takes this time to speak up, one arm rubbing the other, her bare skin emitting an unnatural warmth.
"Please. You're plenty strong, Lucifer. You know Mammon's scared of you, right?"
"Well, I figure I could give good ol' Mammy a beating, if I had to. But why would I do that? I got better things to do."
Lucifer rests his hands behind his head, and Asmodeus clenches her fists.
"You know, you need to take things more seriously, Lucifer. We've been down this road before."
"And you know exactly where that ended, Annie."
That seemed to bother Lucifer a little more than usual. He briefly casts his eyes towards the ground pensively.
"....Annie. That's not fair. You know I tried to-"
"I know you did. Sorry. Shouldn't have brought it up."

A moment passed, tension between the Generals of Pride and Lust. Satan, suddenly feeling an attack of awkwardness, pinched the bridge of his nose.
"....let's just get this over with, before Mammon and Leviathan shove their noses into this mess. Lucifer, you're not an idiot and this isn't below you, so just do it. Isn't that.....tournament thing on tomorrow?"
"That wrestling tournament? I heard he wanted to make a play for popularity then, but that's all I know. He's kept mum and none of my sources are getting much about what he wants to do."
Asmodeus snapped her fingers suddenly, an idea striking her.
"Maybe you should enter the tournament, make your own play for popularity."
"Me? Wrestle? Well....I AM fantastically in shape. Maybe I could pull it off. Drunk and with my hands tied behind my back-"

A man suddenly popped up onto the roof from a door leading to the building's interior, red-faced from the effort of running up several flights of stairs.
"Um....Mr. Prometheus, sir?"
"This is he. Yes?"
"A group of people are here for you, sir. They say they're admirers of yours. Great admirers."
"Ah, how oddly convenient. Sorry. I gotta take this. I.....also don't anticipate being back up here tonight, so...guess I'll see you two when I do, hm?"
Asmodeus and Satan knew exactly what their compatriot meant as he sauntered off behind the messenger, leaving them alone on the roof. Satan growled almost bestially.
"Idiot."
"Also, Annie, I-"
"No, it's alright. You bringing that up brought us back on track."
"Besides, it's over now. It's been over for three years. It.....wasn't good for either of us."
Satan snorted.
"Three thousand years old and still immature. Damn it, Luce. Damn it."

[Now Playing: Symposium magarum]
Meanwhile, in Ultima....
".....my, my. So....Lucifer failed in the mission he was charged with."
"Yes, my lady."
".....I see. Thank you for telling me. Please, continue doing your best, Sir Conrad."
"Thank you, my lady. I will do my best, for you and Lord Mammon."

The armored vampire before Leviathan bowed his head, before retreating. The General of Envy waited until he was out of earshot, before sighing. Conrad was a good servant of hers, given the unenviable job of watching Lucifer's every movement. After all, Leviathan didn't trust anyone aside from her husband to get their jobs done right.

It was a burden she and Mammon bore, being the voices of reason in a sea of idiocy.

"I saw this coming. Lucifer...that man has potential, if only he were to take this war more seriously."
"As it stands.....I cannot rely on Mammon's help for this. I don't want to burden him, not while he's having to handle his other affairs on top of Penultia."

Leviathan frowned. She knew what she had to do, even if she had no taste for it. Fighting had never been something she'd liked, but did for one reason, and one reason only.

This, too, she did for that same reason.

I do this for you, my love, so we may hasten the coming of the day where we can be together in peace.
"Sir Conrad, on second thought, please return to me. I am going to need you to fetch my things and help me load them onto a carriage, headed to Bastapa. I will.....need to take care of affairs there. And send word to my husband, I wouldn't want him to worry about me."
"I can handle Lucifer and that human Baron myself."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 05:05:04 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 3: Crazy Noisy Bizarre Kingdom
« Reply #1923 on: December 25, 2019, 04:43:07 pm »

Chapter 3: Crazy Noisy Bizarre Kingdom

~~Chapter Theme~~
The scene: The city of Methiant, capital of Bastapa. This ancient country is defined by its incredibly odd mode of governance, which is determined by massive votes whenever a new law or political decision is to be made. This has caused the Bastapan Parliament to swell to ridiculous numbers, and the legislative process is notoriously slow due to the vast number of members of Parliament, with sessions often taking days to vote on a single law on what is permissible to wear on Tuesdays. Our heroes journey to Bastapa to earn the next Emblem in their journey to become adventurers while pursuing the Demon Generals who have dug themselves into the leadership of every nation in Generia.

At least, that is what our heroes intend to do. In reality....

Nothing has changed about our heroes' goals and they arrive in Methiant with relatively little fuss, aside from whatever tensions are already brewing among the group.

"wao"
"H-hey, everyone....we're almost there."
Milly speaks through the screen dividing the wagon from the front, patting Mr. Blobbington, who was currently munching on an apple core next to his owner at the front of the wagon.

The back doors to the wagon, though shut, have wooden screens that can be lowered or raised as windows, and Rosencrantz, sitting by the back, has opened them, along with the windows, allowing the passengers to have a better view of Methiant. The city is old, buildings constructed from old cobbles and thatch; unlike Initia, a city of refined stones built by the dwarves, Methiant was built almost as a hodge-podge of buildings around the old Fort Houlandin, now the royal seat of power in Bastapa. The wagon gently rolls over the cobblestone road, the sounds of the city filtering in through the windows. A Bastapan nightingale flits past the wagon.

A piece of parchment suddenly floats through the window, landing on the wagon floor, covering a sleeping Serena's face, as the Goddess of Water, Healing and the Sea, dignified as she wanted to be, laid sprawled in a mess across the floor of Milly's wagon.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: December 25, 2019, 04:53:05 pm »

Keith was currently jogging alongside the wagon to get some exercise in and so did not see the parchment further dishevel the disreputable water goddess.

"About time! Let's get in there and get that second badge."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: December 25, 2019, 05:41:07 pm »

Asuna was laying across the floor in the wagon, feeling a little contemplative -- frankly, the whole last episode of maids and monsters and monster hunters had given her a lot to think about -- about being a Revivian and about her performance against those Falkar, though she'd already started to act to correct the latter. She was lounging, really, sheathed sword laying across her chest and gripped in one hand, other limbs splayed about rather lazily.

Milly's announcement got her to look up a little, but the actual thing that got Asuna to do something was a piece of parchment falling right on Serena's face: Asuna snickered at the appearance of the goddess with a paper covering her head, and then stretched a bit to grab it and pull it off, holding it above her head as she read it from her spot on the floor.

:"Now, what do we have here?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 25, 2019, 05:46:32 pm »

The parchment, when turned over, reveals itself to be an advertisement for the 42nd Annual Bastapan Wrestling Tournament, a stylised drawing of a stadium painted onto the poster. The advertisement says anyone can join the wrestling tournament with a 50 rhea entrance fee or a 25 rhea fee to enter as a spectator.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 25, 2019, 05:57:22 pm »

Oh. Well, Asuna sure as hell who knew would appreciate this little tidbit, with no ambiguity about it, and so with a groan she rolled over onto her stomach, before getting her legs under her and standing up with the little sway of somebody who's been lying down for too long. And with that, she took a couple of steps over to the back of the bigger-in-the-inside wagon, leaning out of the opening there at the rear and shaking the paper a little to indicate its presence.
:"Hey, Keith! Piece of paper about something I figure you'll get a kick out of came in through the window! Check it out!"
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 06:01:52 pm by Powder Miner »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: December 25, 2019, 06:01:05 pm »

Keith slowed his pace to fall in line with the back of the wagon, then opened the door and swung himself up and in with the easy grace of a wrestler who knew his way around the ring ropes and was applying that knowledge to door frames.

"Sure thing. What's up, Ito?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: December 25, 2019, 06:06:00 pm »

Asuna obligingly slid the paper right into Keith's hands, leaning back a bit to give the man room to enter the wagon.
:"Like I said, I know you'll be interested in this, if we end up having time to look into it around... uh, whatever the fuck we're going to be doing here."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 25, 2019, 06:07:55 pm »

Yliss, who was occupied with using her tablet silently in a totally non-excessive manner, looked up as Asuna mentioned Keith by name and something about a writing that would seemingly excite him a lot.

"Huh. That can only be a get rich quick-scheme or something Wrestling-related and the latter won't happen in a few months... Now I'm curious."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 25, 2019, 06:12:28 pm »

Keith flipped the paper open and read it, resting a shoulder on the edge of the door frame so he wouldn't lose his balance and fall out the back. He'd had enough falling-related injuries for two lifetimes.

"Huh. How about that."

He looked at Yliss.

"If I'm reading this right, the tournament's happening today. Hope you guys can do whatever it is we need to get done here without me, because I got business in town."

The wrestler tossed the folded-up parchment underhand to Yliss so she could see it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 25, 2019, 06:15:40 pm »

"Tournament? Actually, it'd be worth a drop by the Adventurer's Guild first. Sporting events like this, they usually let adventurers compete, and if they do well enough, they count that towards you earning an Emblem. I know, I had a few athlete friends at the Academy before I dropped out, planned on getting by through tournament winnings instead of doing Quests."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 06:17:18 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 25, 2019, 06:17:41 pm »

"Really?"

She takes the parchment and looks at it.

"Damn, I can't believe this... I thought it would take longer for the tournament to start..."
"Wait, I didn't lose track of time because of Clash of Legends, did I? I don't want that to happen... ... again."

Yliss, after catching herself again and calming down a bit, nods towards Rosencrantz.

"Well, if it counts for the Emblem, then our dear Goddess-of-the-Brook can't object to it~"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 25, 2019, 06:21:46 pm »

"Really dude? Then hell yeah, let's do it. We'll go by the guild and get me signed up... and then I'll show this world the power of strong style, just like I showed those Falkar."

Keith looked over at Vlad.

"Counting on you to provide the music and the pyro."

He winked.

"Just don't go too hard on the latter, all right?"
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 328