Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 183659 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 7: Bouncing Blob Bonanza
« Reply #4500 on: December 02, 2021, 10:03:18 pm »

Mammon shakes his head as he clambers back on his wyvern.
"Like I said, I intend to call off the armies gathered around Generia. If we intend to put an end to this war, we must start with ourselves. Demons, with me!"
The gathered demons begin shuffling out, with those resurrected by Serena giving her a nod or muttering small praises of gratitude, before leaving.

"am become smol blobbington again, yis. am for patting by good milly."
"...you're still a good boy, Sir Blobbington. O-Or do you prefer Beelzebub?"
"am blobbington and beelzebub, yis. call me what you want. am not care. am blobbo, am only want pats and fud."
"O-okay..."

She settles for giving her erstwhile companion a pat.

And so, the festivities in Boingberg continued...

Meanwhile, in Caelestia...
Megara recoiled, a red mark on her face from a slap from Freya. The War Goddess rubbed her cheek.
"....if it wasn't for that hex, you know I'd hit you back."
"It's the only way to keep you loyal, you ignorant meathead! How dare you offer to side with those small people like that? Utterly pathetic."
Freya hissed at her, before stomping off, placing her hands upon the golden railing of their balcony, overlooking the celestial expanse.

Freya, Megara and Pyra were gathered in a grand room, a room hown from the finest marble and gold, a fountain in the very middle and a balcony overlooking the clouds above Generia. The fountain itself was grand in an already gigantic room, consisting of a giant dragon spouting water onto three tiers, each cardinal direction engraved with the head of another dragon. From the ceiling hung drapes of the finest violet velvet, and the room smelled faintly of myrrh.

This was but one part of the realm of Caelestia, home of the Goddess Dragons, a grand palace built for them and them alone, a plane of many pleasures, home to the Goddesses and the souls of their loyal followers. Below, the chantings of prayers from those followers - and select adventurers who had proven themselves worthy of the Goddess' atttention - could be heard. They were housed elsewhere in Caelestia, far away; Freya had insisted when the afterlife was first a concern, ostensibly to protect their mother but truly, because the rabble had no right to be near their home.

Of late, however, only a select few Goddesses had made this land their realm. Rhea had long since left, setting up shop elsewhere in the celestial expanse, with her followers chasing her there. Freya had made sure nobody else would follow, but even she feared fighting Rhea; Rhea's domain of Order made it difficult for any other Goddess Dragon, save their mother, to bind her.

Freya slammed her hands on the golden railing of the balcony.
"Not fair. Not fair at all. Serena....she's been useless all her life. Useless! And yet her little people can't see that. In front of a true Goddess, they would dare to reject me. For that useless, ugly, arrogant....."
"You've been making her look useless all her life. Are you so surprised that the minute she gets out from, under you, she gets good?"
"Shut up. You're just as culpable as I am. Don't get high and mighty."
"Correction; I went along with you. Because you threatened us with Mother."
"Why shouldn't I? I am her most beautiful, her best daughter. I, after all, came up with the idea of creating this world. I worked hard on it. I created the Elves, for our sake! The humans? Me. All those beautiful things in the world? Me."
"Our sister really is clever."
"And it was Serena who came up with the scheme to get heroes from another world to end this stupid war. I love war, but....this whole thing between demons and the Goddess Races-"
"Careful what you say, sister. You're very close to saying something very dangerous. You know, as well as I do, every Goddess Dragon is as guilty as I am, except Rhea. All of us. If Mother finds out, we all go down."

Megara glared at her.
"You forgot one."
"Of course Serena wouldn't be. She got herself put into time-out that day."
"And I have a plan for that too."
"You....you'd pin it all on her? You....you can't be serious. Mother will never believe it."
"That's the clever thing. That's part of why Freya's painted her as so useless. Mother will never believe she didn't do it."
"You....bitches. That's....you're cowards. How underhanded can you be?!"

Freya smirks.
"Serena wants so much credit, so we'll give it to her. All of it she could ever ask for. Mother will punish her to the fullest extent....maybe banish her. At last, we'll be rid of that useless runt. And everything can go as it should; I become the new top Goddess, with all of you at my side. And Serena? Well....perhaps she can find her way as a beggar. Of course, with Borea's memories of what she found lost, Discordia unable to return and hexed....well....she'll never know any better."
The Peace Goddess giggles.

"Of course....it's all the back-up plan, if this one fails."
"We need to get to Ultima first. Before those adventurers do. If they bring back that little demon queen.....who knows what she'll say?"
"I knew I kept you around for a reason, Pyra."
"....how far are you willing to go to keep this hidden?"

Freya suddenly surges at Megara, a twisted look of anger in her face.
"As FAR as I need it to go! As far as need be to ensure MY rightful place, as the next top goddess, the Queen of Caelestia. That incident can never come out. Mother can never know. If Serena needs to take the fall....if Discordia and Borea don't fall into place, they will too. The world never needed eight true goddesses, anyway."
Megara simply looked away from her.

"Children. Have you found your sisters yet?"

All three goddesses turned to the entrance to the room. A gentle, red-headed woman strolled in, clad in a simple green dress with golden trim. A soft smile grew on her pale face, soft pink eyes scanning her daughters.

Before them stood Titania, the Mother of Gods, the Queen of Caelestia, architect of all creation and oldest of the Goddess Dragons.

"It's been so long since I saw Serena. I'm worried she might be in trouble down there. And Discordia....you know how gentle she is. Borea too."
Freya smiled sweetly at her mother, her earlier rage forgotten.
"Mother dear. We've been looking everywhere for them! We tried and tried and tried. We just can't find them."

Titania strode forwards, placing a hand softly in her daughter's face.
"....don't worry, Freya. I'm not mad at you. But...you know I love your sisters as much as you. Please, do your best to find them."
Megara noted the brief twitch of anger in Freya's expression.
"....rest for now, but please bring them home. They...I don't want my children to be in trouble down there."

She walks out of the room, with Freya closing her eyes, the smile fading from her expression the moment her mother was gone.
"...she doesn't need them. We're the only ones she needs. Me, Pyra, Megara and Gaia. She doesn't need traitors and useless idiots."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 8: The Obligatory Beach Episode
« Reply #4501 on: December 02, 2021, 10:04:27 pm »

Chapter Eight: The Obligatory Beach Episode

~~Chapter Theme~~
~~Present Day~~
The scene: The beaches of northern Belzerg, capital of the Kingdom of Kaisei, the only kingdom populated primarily by Revivians, reincarnated humans from another world. The kingdom is thusly heavily influenced by their culture, with their architecture looking nothing like the rest of Generia, their unique cuisine and famed cultural outputs, from manga to an odd phenomenon called 'light novels'. The kingdom is most famed for an endless, shifting amount of cults based on worshipping what they call 'waifus', effigies of beautiful young women. Riots between waifu cults sometimes take their toll on the streets, with the largest sects being the Attribute of Rem, the Zero Twonians, and the Meguminians, with all other cults vying for power beneath the top three. The Goddess Dragons have scarcely a hold on the country, and so those seeking refuge from them find their home here, assuming of course they can get used to the eccentricity.

It is here where our heroes arrive.

"...so. This is Kaisei. I can't say I'm....impressed."
Serena groans, leaning by the outside of Milly's wagon, waiting with the group. Rhea was nearby, making small talk to a vendor of what appeared to be takoyaki.

The Jasmine Efreeti was moored in the nearby airport, Sitri sitting back to guard it. Kazuto's team was held up at Immigration earlier, they'd explained; while they had called ahead to get clearance for Rena to enter, some paperwork had been lost and explanations had to be made while Rena sat in custody. The beach was, of course, beautiful; pristine white sands, honey-dark seas, beautiful and not-so-beautiful beachgoers, the works. This looked no different from beaches elsewhere in the continent.

That is, aside from the clearly....Kaiseian touches. People in odd costumes going around everywhere, the Waifu Cultists holding up signs with their favoured "goddess" and chanting her name from time to time - on their way in, Milly had to be shielded from chants about some goddess called Wiz, whoever she was, that the Waifu Cultists had mistaken her for - the food was odd but good, from udon stands to some odd pancake-like thing that Serena had tried and really liked, and of course, the damned maid cafes. Serena could never quite understand the appeal.

"I'm not sure how we'll be earning an Emblem here, but...."
//Everyone may post.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: December 02, 2021, 11:06:20 pm »

"...This place MMPH really different. Like really MPMH different."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: December 03, 2021, 01:52:16 am »

"...It's as close to home as I'll ever get. God damn, I miss Texas."

Keith sighed. Sure, it wasn't Japan, but it was close enough that it almost felt like being home again. Or rather, it felt like that feeling of being away from home in a place that was just familiar enough to be strange. He was hit for a sudden, deep longing for the days when he and his friends would fuck around playing in the field between his house and Elliott's before going home and eating dinner with his family. He could almost taste the steak burgers his dad would grill, with just a little bit of barbecue sauce and onions on them...

"Think I'm gonna need a minute."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: December 03, 2021, 10:37:42 am »

Meanwhile, Yliss sat close to the group, two large plates of all sorts of sushi carefully balanced on her knees, cups of wasabi and soy sauce at the ready, chopsticks in the right hand.

"I've suffered inferior cuisine for long enough, I'm finally fucking home! It's finally fucking time for the good stuff in life..."

"ITADAKIMASU!"

With a restrained application of table manners, she swiftly started to dig in with big, dramatic movements, savoring each piece placed inside her mouth.

"Mmmmh! Sooooo gooood! And I know what I'm talking about, I can taste it when sushi is done by an expert."

A few minutes of nonstop chewing later, she stopped when the sushi currently held by her chopsticks touched her lips.

"The fuck? They put a California Roll on my plate? Frikkin' gaijin bullshit should have stayed on Earth..."

Yliss looked at her California Roll for a while, visibly displeased, before she shrugged and ate it. Her expression softened within seconds.

"I guess it works. It's basically the same thing, just with the nori inside instead of it being outside."
"Heh... Imagine fearing the sight of dried seaweed. Westerners really can be hilarious at times."

Her eyes shifted towards Keith.

"No offense, sorry."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: December 03, 2021, 11:10:51 am »

"...what is political correctness, anyway?"

"But yeah. Home, sweet home. For everyone who never have been here: welcome to Kaisei! We have good food, entertainment, pretty landscapes... maybe just take extra care around the waifu cultists, they sometimes get a bit... crazy."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: December 03, 2021, 01:31:50 pm »

"...you Revivians have some....strange ideas."
Serena looked across the street, as two people fought over what appeared to be a body pillow.
"Still, we're at the beach, right?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: December 03, 2021, 01:56:08 pm »

"Don't lump me in with them. I'm not even from Japan in the first place, and... this wasn't what it was like over there. At least when I was alive. I have no idea what the hell happened since 1992 for it all to become this... weird."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: December 03, 2021, 02:15:40 pm »

"If it helps, current year Japan isn't anything like this either. But getting transported into a fantasy world is pretty much an otaku's wet dream while the good and upstanding citizens usually had a fulfilling life and choose to move on instead of being reincarnated. Doesn't help that Buddhism practically promotes 'yo, screw this material and materialistic plane of existence'."

She chomps down a few more pieces of sushi.

"So no wonder most people getting reincarnated here would be the weirdos and the outcasts. Whoever had that grand idea didn't get how Japanese society works."
"Dungeons & Dragons was pretty big during your time too, right, Keith? Imagine this reincarnation business happening in the USA, most people would move on while the American fantasy otakus would choose to reincarnate here in hopes they'll become something big for once, and those wouldn't be the most representative of your people too. You'd be lucky to get a few people that can do a full-course quality BBQ."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: December 03, 2021, 02:21:17 pm »

"That's fair, I suppose. Not sure how big D&D was, though. I know a few people had an after-school club when I was in high school but that kind of thing wasn't for me."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: December 03, 2021, 03:33:44 pm »

"Was big enough to get its own moral panic in USA for a while, I've heard."

"Now it's so big that most people who know what actual RPGs are, are mostly thinking of it when RPGs are mentioned. I like D&D but it's still annoying. Like, guuuuys, can't we play Call of Cthulhu sometimes?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: December 03, 2021, 06:29:21 pm »

"...I didn't get MPMH of that. Well, as long as there's food MPMH things to do, I don't mind."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: December 05, 2021, 09:17:39 pm »

Suddenly, down the street from the party, they overhear raised voices.

When they follow the source of the noise, they would find a young lady chasing away some people who are definitely Revivians, judging by their ridiculous clothing. Judging from the appearance of the young lady on the posters they're holding, they're likely members of some niche Kaiseian cult. In one hand, the young lady chasing them is carrying a spear, in the other a bunch of pamphlets.

"Back off! I've got a spear and I'm NOT afraid to use it! Back! Back off!"
"Man, you're totally nothing like her..."
"Of course not! Go away! Shoo!"
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:17:17 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4513 on: December 06, 2021, 09:16:40 am »

Shoes watched the proceedings between the cultists and, well, the 'normal' people with surprising interest.
"Interesting. These Revivians, though they be weak and pathetic as always, hold a powerful fervor for their cause. . ."
She drew her sword and pointed it with arm outstretched at the waifu cultists.
"You wretches there! Why don't you leave that woman alone and do the bidding of a superior being such as myself?" She brushed one of her twintails back over her shoulder. "Prove yourself worthy and I might not destroy you where you stand."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: December 06, 2021, 09:23:25 am »

The cultists take a brief look at Shoes. The tone of their voice is less scared and more disappointed.

"....man, twintails, really? The hime cut is so much better-looking and traditional."
"Kamidere is so overdone....deredere girls are so much cuter! All hail best girl!"
"What kind of cheap cosplay is that, anyway? Who are you even supposed to be?"
"Go find some Tohsaka simps to bother. What are you gonna do to us, anyway? Step on us?"

They go back to harassing the poor Revivian. Serena blinks.
"Those were....words I understood. Totally."
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 328