Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 187375 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 8: The Obligatory Beach Episode
« Reply #4651 on: February 16, 2022, 09:33:52 pm »

"Hm. So our sister....she's finally found her."
Freya laughed, the faint beacon glowing in the clouds beyond their empyrean domain marking where Serena had broken the hex.
"I figured it would be only a matter of time."
She strode over to Pyra and Megara, their warlike sister scowling.
"Well. In the morning, we make for Ultima. If our brat of a sister awakens Demogorgia, I won't get my throne the moment that filth opens her mouth."
"Ooh. Can we burn a few demons?"
"If we need to. We shouldn't make too much trouble, though. We need to be in and out of there. Megara, won't you be a dear and help us?"
Megara simply scowled, her mouth unable to vocalise with a circle of green runes briefly silencing her. Freya smiled.
"That's what I thought. Be a good war goddess. Of course, those little people of Serena's might prove to be a little problematic, but..."

Freya's eyes drifted towards the home of her faithful, where raucous chants in Freya's name could be heard, a great (but not too great) hall set up for them to live in. Mortals had their uses in Freya's vision of the world, after all. A kind goddess always offered their worshippers some boons.

"Perhaps it's time I take a leaf from Serena's book. What she can do, I can do better."

"My lord! The barrier is weakened! Only Lord Mammon and Lady Leviathan's parts still stand and we haven't seen them in so long!"

Mephistopheles had had many sleepless nights as of late.

His generals had defected en masse, not that he was sure he'd ever had them in the first place. Lucifer was always more interested in seducing the enemy than fighting them, Satan had been more concerned with protecting the man he viewed like an younger brother, Belphegor and Asmodeus were more concerned with the bottom line than the party line, and Hellrealm knew what Beelzebub was doing. His forces were being routed around Generia by the godling Serena and her mercenaries. His scouts told him that she and her allies were on their way to Penultia, the front line. The front line where hardly anything had been left, with most of the demons having retreated. He'd made so much ground only to lose it all....

Demogorgia had to be proud of him, didn't she? Proud of what he'd achieved in this war.

"My lord, what are your orders?"

Mephistopheles massaged his temple, leaning back in his throne. Ultima Fortress had been emptier as of late. Mammon and Leviathan were missing, as were most of their contingent. Only a few troops, those in Mephistopheles' personal guard, remained at the palace. This war, for better or for worse, was to be decided soon.

"Rally the toops. We will march out at dawn. Leave me."

The assorted demons gathered at Mephistopheles' side vacated the room. When he was sure they were out of earshot, he stared at the casket containing Demogorgia's corpse. A spell was upon it, to preserve her body perfectly; if he ever figured out how to bring his master back, he would bring her back when he had won the war and made the goddesses pay for what they'd done.

And also because he couldn't bear the thought of letting her rot away in the ground. His master had loved the sky so dearly. Letting her rest beneath the blue skies she loved was the best he could do.

He shook away the nagging thought. He didn't want to know what she'd really say if she saw him right now; she had never wanted war, never once, and yet here he was, waging war in her name. What kind of servant did that make him?
"Milady, I swear to you, if you see what comes when we win....you'll understand why. You have to. I have to finish this."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 9: We're Not Gonna Take It
« Reply #4652 on: February 16, 2022, 09:54:48 pm »

Chapter Nine: We're Not Gonna Take It

~~Chapter Theme~~
The scene: The skies above Penultia, aboard the Jasmine Efreeti. Our heroes, granted access to the front lines directly after a brief and hurried discussion between Marta and the border guards, have but one singular purpose; defeat Lord Mephistopheles, find Demogorgia, resurrect her, and at last uncover the truth behind the ancient war between the Goddess Races and the Demons of Hellrealm. Below you and behind, Kazuto's party are not far. The day is beginning, but you can feel already feel the tension in the air. Even with the Emblem that Haruo gave you as you left him, you don't feel that that was the end of a journey. It's been a long time since Emblems have mattered, even with the final one, the Fire Emblem, in your grasp. What's more important is what will happen soon.

One way or another, it ends today.

"....."
Atop the deck of the Jasmine Efreeti, Serena stares out into the distance. The Ultima Fortress, with its dark, spiky towers and obsidian walls, can be seen jutting out of the ocean upon the island the Demon Lord calls home. The clouds whip past the sleek airship.

Serena, in a rare moment of introspection, hasn't much to say.
//Everyone may post.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:56:50 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: February 17, 2022, 12:41:43 am »

Keith stood upon the prow with his arms crossed, letting the wind whip his coat and hair around. This was it; the culmination of everything they had worked for since this quest started. All that remained was to be seen whether Mephistopheles would listen to reason or if they would need to fight. Either way, Keith was sure the Goddesses would be quick to follow, and while he didn't mind a rematch with Megara he would prefer not to be coming off of a fight with the current Demon Lord when it happened.

"Here's hoping he sees sense, or is willing to take a chance at least. And that those two lovebirds do their part when we get close."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: February 17, 2022, 06:55:42 am »

"To think we'd be fighting the Demon Lord to save him from himself..."
"Never even saw that coming."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: February 17, 2022, 10:51:02 am »

"He won't see coming what we are going to do, either."

"BTW, anyone here is nervous? Because - even if I don't look like it - I am."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: February 17, 2022, 02:32:31 pm »

"Heh. Peach Boy being nervous? That's sooo new~"

A second of silence.

"... Me too."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: February 17, 2022, 02:36:28 pm »

"I'm not nervous, dude - I'm excited. This is going to be one hell of a fight, and at last I'll have the money to pay off my debts and make sure Keilee's well-off when she's free. Hell, maybe I can pay Vlad's bail too - though that's probably out of the question."

"We can't get there soon enough. Hell or high water, I'm going to knock that smug superiority right out of Freya."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: February 17, 2022, 05:23:08 pm »

"You're right, Keith. It's not only the end of all of this... It's also the end of us, as an adventuring group..."

Her eyes wander across the people who were on top of the deck for a while, stopping at Momo. She took a deep breath.

"... Have a moment, Momo? Want to talk to you, between the two of us."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: February 17, 2022, 11:27:04 pm »

"Ayyup. Can always talk." - Momo moved closer to Yliss.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: February 18, 2022, 09:00:07 am »

Yliss leads Momo aside, to a more private spot.

"So... Managed to get anything prepped? For after all this, I mean."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: February 18, 2022, 11:06:21 am »

"...Not really."

"This might not be the wisest thing I've said, but with this sort of cash, kickstarting anything shouldn't be a problem... or just buying a house in a good city, leaving rest of the money to spare wouldn't be a bad option, either."

"Frankly, with all this travelling around I hardly had any options to prep anything..."

"...or maybe you have some ideas?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: February 18, 2022, 11:39:02 am »

"Agreed. Can't say MPMH expected things to take this direction..."
"But that also means MPMH will be doing something that needed to be done long ago."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: February 18, 2022, 02:00:25 pm »

"Too many. Maybe I'll go back to Master Musashi and apologize for everything. Maybe I'll hit up Trish and give her guild a shot. Maybe continuing the adventuring life, this might be the high point but solid cash is solid."
"But... Above all..."
"I don't want to be alone... again... but, this is the reality of the situation. We'll all split up after this and go our own ways. And I hate that thought."
"So, err... Before that happens... I... want this to be the most memorable event. Together. So that, maybe, people will stay in touch. So, many ways to make it memorable, and..."

She suddenly inches closer and places a hasty kiss on Momotarou's lips for a second. She looks into his eyes, but her gaze quickly averts his.

"... Shit. Bad idea. You don't deserve such a lousy first kiss under such weird circumstances. Sorry. Doesn't count. Fuck..."

Yliss turns around and was about to go.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: February 18, 2022, 03:56:09 pm »

A hurricane went through Momo's mind.

what que nani it's happeNING BOYS IT'S HAPPENING oh calm down, you dumb fuck. Consider the circumstances. More importantly, it is time for swift action.

Back to reality... just when Yliss was to go away, Momo quickly grabbed her hand.

"W-wait!"

"..I mean, y-yeah, it wasn't perfect... but what is perfect, anyway? Not us two, that's for sure."

"... and it's still something I never got before, ever. We can write it off as a half-assed trial attempt. More importantly..."

"Whatever happens to this team... if you do not want to be alone, I will go with you, anywhere you go."

Momo looks into Yliss' eyes.

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 328