Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Proof of clearing bandit camps  (Read 10649 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proof of clearing bandit camps
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 05:33:28 pm »

Also, just something which worked in a different situation for me (a couple of versions back) but might work for you, after spreading your rumours, fast travel out of the site then come back. Seemed to kickstart everyone's opinions that time.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 05:38:36 pm »

Mentioning little bestiary knowledge, some animal people you speak to will say "I don't know an unknown creature." when you ask them "What do you think of me?". This mostly, if not always, happens with "savage" animal people - those found in the wilderness with no names, far from civilization. Said animal people won't attack you on sight if you're an animal person, but not sure if you aren't. Oh, and they can also have odd responses - I summarized a conflict in which I slew a crab to a "savage" crab woman and she replied, "I died. It was inevitable." which I found pretty strange. This may or may not be a little off-topic for this thread, but nothing I can do about that now.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 03:24:03 am »

There's nothing strictly enforced about on-topic but that is indeed strange, Toady could do with tightening it up.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2019, 12:30:59 am »

In conversations, non-histfigs are identified with "I/myself".  Thus when you wander up to a goblin and it says, "Not one hour ago I attacked myself" it usually means that 2 non-histfigs were in combat and it became a rumour.  Unfortunately (if I remember correctly) it doesn't fix the rumour even if the entity becomes a histfig (i.e. if you find out their name).
Pages: 1 [2]