Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gods of New Eras OOC (8/8)  (Read 1639 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods of New Eras OOC (8/8)
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:04:19 pm »

When the Old World burned, the result of a horrible cataclysm which left the land barren, six of the Old Gods carried their people across the sea to a land unknown to their mortals, and only glimpsed by the Gods themselves. Now they arrive on the new world. Will these immigrants take root here, or will they wither and die, the last remnants of a dead land?

Gods of New Eras (GoNE) is a simple god game with a much smaller scale. You will guide your fleeing refugees to an unknown world and discover what mysteries and dangers await you there. It's going to be mostly free form and writing heavy.

Spoiler: The Turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Worship and Income (click to show/hide)

As time goes on and players become more powerful, they may discover new more powerful ways to use their essence. As a result, this is a non-exhaustive list.

Spoiler: Blessings/Curses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Creation of New Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Creation of New Matter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Servants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Servant Template (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifact Template (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zero Cost Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sign-up Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Departure Scenarios (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arrival Scenarios (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:20:45 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of New Eras OOC (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 10:31:29 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 11:12:53 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:24:23 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 11:21:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:12:57 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 11:29:42 pm »

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 11:41:33 pm by Tube Wizard »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 12:46:05 am »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 01:54:00 am »

Spoiler: totally not familiar (click to show/hide)
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 02:05:32 am »

God Name: Mother Forest
God Depiction: A great tree that selflessly let's other trees grow on it in a parasitic manner.
Religion Name: Treegrow
3 Guiding Tenants of your Religion:

- Be selfless and put the wellbeing of the community before your own.
- Be fruitful and multiply
- Suffer not the Elf to live.

Follower Race: Orcworts, Dryads, Needlefolk
Race Description:

Orcwort: To many the Orcworts are strange alien creatures. Giant intelligent pitcher plants that masquerade as trees, they struggle to do many things with their own crude tentacles, and instead create wortling fruit to act as their hands. Neither the Orcwort nor the Wortlings possess conventional senses, but instead possess a plantsense through which they can perceive vegetation and things in contact with vegetation, making them blind if there are no plants nearby.

Dryads: Tree spirits tightly wound to their trees, they cannot move far from them, but have powerful supernatural abilities and can call other plants to their aid. Many of the greatest Dryads and their trees could not fit onto the living treeships of the Exodus, meaning that the overall population is unusually young. The cataclysm has cast a generally melancholy pall over the various dryads.

Needlefolk: Intelligent, roughly humanoid plants that was essentially uplifted by the the other members of the Sylvan commonwealth before the Cataclysm, making them their its most fanatical and enthusiastic supporters. The betrayals of the elves during the cataclysm has also hit them the hardest, even effecting their biology to give them an innate ability to sense the traitors when they are nearby.

Departure Scenario: Commoners
Arrival Scenario: Strange Sickness
Starting biome: Thick jungle
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:20:11 am by Demonic Spoon »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 03:20:18 am »

I count 7 sheets :O Guess it's still open!
...And nobody picks humans :V I'm unsure if it's the baseline but it's never mentioned in the OP...so I went and mentioned it.

God Name: Iyiania
God Depiction: A humanoid with symmetrical wings, having the symbol of an eye in one hand and a staff in the other hand
Religion Name: Hugs Weism
> Empathy; Community is family, family is whom accepts you and loves you unconditionally--support and love one another, understand others perspectives and treat their concerns the way you would your own
> Awareness; The World is full of conflict--inside the self and outside the self--work with yourselves alongside others, be aware of the present that builds upon and creates the future by your actions and behaviors
> Trust; No person is greater than the other, but all have greatness within them--trust Iyiania, and strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason

Follower Race: Hyoomins Humans!
Race Description: The human race is a particularly varied and dynamic species, characterized and detailed from their adaptation to their surroundings, and their social culture, than any definitive racial characteristic which would stand out to describe them. The members of the human race are shaped like themselves: Distinctly bipedally humanoid; with bilaterally symmetrical appendages (and the upper appendages having opposable thumbs), having a diurnal sleep cycle, warm-blooded for the most part, and with lifespans capable of reaching at least a century, they are diverse by nature.
Departure Scenario: Commoners: Your ships were meant to carry people rather than goods. As a result, you have a greater population at start.
Arrival Scenario: Shipwrecked: Your ships were struck by a terrible storm off the coast of the new world. As a result, much of your goods and people have been scattered across the coast.
Starting biome: Raised forested hilly/mountainous region near flatlands and coasts with coastal cliffs
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:55:00 am by Tiruin »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 08:07:14 am »

Just woke up form my Cat Nap. Please wait up!

God Name: Nyagic
God Depiction: Cat-girl, or Boy. Who can tell. Sometimes just a magical cat.
Religion Name: Nyangane
Relax, >Everything will be alright as long as you work for those peaceful days. Don't give up!
Play with Magic, >Learn Magic for day to day use. Magic is pretty interesting in what you can do with it.
Prosper, > Use your natural abilities and other things to see to your survival, and then go a bit beyond that till you've gotten everything flowing smoothly!
Follower Race: Nyanko, Cait Sith.
Race Description: Cat People. Fairy Cats.
Departure Scenario: Commoners: Your ships were meant to carry people rather than goods. As a result, you have a greater population at start.
Arrival Scenario: Shipwrecked: Your ships were struck by a terrible storm off the coast of the new world. As a result, much of your goods and people have been scattered across the coast.
Starting biome: Forest/Plains Bowl.(some sort of huge crater from ages past that has plenty of greenery and water now..)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 09:09:11 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 09:27:56 am »

God Name: The Hand of Thal
God Depiction: A grasping red hand, tipped with claws of stone.  Currently fused to the High Priest.
Religion Name: Cult of the Red Hand (Sect of the Church of Thal).
Guiding Tenants:
Unity:Like the fingers of a hand, Adherents to the church work in tandem with one another, using their abilities best bestowed upon them.
Improvement:Devotees of Thal are expected to change, grow, and improve themselves  in both body and mind. Be it through training, meditation, or imbibing the Blood of Thal, all will find their true forms realized.
Restoration:  The Hand is the one that will rebuild this shattered world, and will one day reunite the Shattered God. In reflection of this, followers of the Church must dedicate themselves to restoring  remnants of pre- Cataclysmic civilizations.
Follower Race: Mutants
Race Description:
Prior to the Cataclysm, Thal accepted, regardless of race all blessed with aspects of  its image, and, under careful tutelage, aided them in embracing their full forms.  The Cult of the Red Hand is composed of similar demographics,  though all are marked by lesser aspects of the Hand.
Departure Scenario: Nobles (Priests)
Arrival Scenario: Kraken
Starting Biome: Ruins
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:54:22 am by WyrdByrd »

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 11:21:17 am »

God Name: Animus, He Who Adapts
God Depiction: A black and white wolf with cyan sigils and patterns arranged all about his body. In his humanoid form, he looks like a lion-man with the same basic patterns and colors.
Religion Name: Known simply as "The Way", "Survival of the Fittest", or "The Path of Power". Animus has alluded to, albeit vaguely, adopting this philosophy from another pantheon of gods. He refuses to expound on the matter further than that.

3 Guiding Tenants of your Religion
- Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
- Natural Selection is the only truth; the strong shall consume the weak.
- Never stop improving.

Follower Race: Lunarians; Saurians
Race Description: (Lunarians) Small, anthropomorphic, rabbit-like creatures usually colored white, grey and black (or any mixture of these). | (Saurians) Usually medium sized anthropomorphic reptilians whose scaly hides come in a wide range of colors and hues, but most often greens, browns and greys.

Departure Scenario: Nobles - Your ships belonged to a leader of some sort. As a result, you have a lower population at start, but can choose to have either a greater number of mages or a greater number of priests. (Mages Please!)
Arrival Scenario: Meet the Locals - After your ship arrived, you were immediately attacked by denizens of this strange land.
Starting Biome: A dense, thick jungle with occasional wide, vast plains scattered about.
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 08:16:12 pm »

Goodness that's a lot of submissions. I'm going to be bumping the player count to 8. In traditional fashion, I have rolled for 5 players and chose 3.

In no particular order:
Demonic Spoon
TricMagic
Wyrdbird
Glass
Tiri
Tubewizard
Taricus
Weirdsound

Congratulations to those who made it, and sorry to those who weren't favored by the dice. The IC writing will commence shortly.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of New Eras OOC (8/8)
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 09:46:07 pm »

Link to the discord for faster OOC conversation: https://discord.gg/eSxjM6q

Of course, this OOC will remain the main OOC area, but for quick things like price checks and questions, discord will be a viable option.
Pages: [1] 2