Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing autoforbid settings?  (Read 1099 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Changing autoforbid settings?
« on: May 12, 2019, 10:42:26 am »

How do I make it so things aren't forbidden automatically?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Changing autoforbid settings?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 11:24:44 am »

o: Set Orders
->
F: Forbid
->
p: Forbid/Claim used ammunition
c: Forbid/Claim your dead
i: Forbid/Cleam your death items
o: Forbid/Claim other dead
t: Forbid/Claim other death items

The labels indicate the current settings (i.e. it it says "Forbid", pressing the corresponding key will change it to "Claim" and make it so that thing doesn't get auto-forbidden anymore).

[edit] It probably would've been more straightforward to ask this question in your previous thread where you asked about ammo being auto-forbidden - with that in mind, the first setting (for "used ammunition") is the one you want to toggle.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:26:48 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 02:42:58 pm »

thank you

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 04:30:39 am »

i use it all the time to unforbid stuff, as it is tedious marking the whole map with d-b-c to claim all items and ending up with a trade caravan being pissed when my dorfs take their stuff.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 08:16:00 am »

marking the whole map with d-b-c to claim all items and ending up with a trade caravan being pissed when my dorfs take their stuff.
If your dwarves can take their stuff, then it's already too late to avoid pissing them off. Caravan items are owned, and your dwarves won't touch them until a few months later (after which the caravan will have already left.) The stuff is probably from a previous caravan that got spooked and the wagons scuttled.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 12:11:00 pm »

marking the whole map with d-b-c to claim all items and ending up with a trade caravan being pissed when my dorfs take their stuff.
If your dwarves can take their stuff, then it's already too late to avoid pissing them off. Caravan items are owned, and your dwarves won't touch them until a few months later (after which the caravan will have already left.) The stuff is probably from a previous caravan that got spooked and the wagons scuttled.
oh... must be more observing when caravans are involved anyway
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)