Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are Needs a bit Excessive?  (Read 899 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Are Needs a bit Excessive?
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:43:03 pm »

Do the current needs to pray / meditate / socialize seem a bit excessive?  I regularly have 50+ % of my fort ignoring tasks they have the professions to do.  I figured I would just ignore that for a while and let them get it all out of their system, but if anything, it's getting worse as the in-game months pass. 

Am I left with no other option but to remove the tavern and temple zones?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are Needs a bit Excessive?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 04:52:11 pm »

The needs are known to currently being excessive in the way of the dorfs spiraling into madness because of needs that cannot be satisfied, combined with their totally abysmal social network building skills (no friends or family, and no skill to acquire either).
It's also known that of you keep them from satisfying their needs for a long time they build up a backlog of unsatisfied needs and then take a fair while to catch up.
If the dorfs have caught up and perform "normal" (i.e. not critical) socializing/praying/reading activities rather than working there's probably something wrong with the work setup, such as e.g. burrows, blocked paths, missing/forbidden work materials, etc.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 04:54:36 pm »

I'll give it some more time then, most of the fort is migrants, so who knows what needs they built up before arriving.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 06:10:30 pm »

If you are using deity-specific temples, there is a reported bug where polytheist dwarves get stuck in specific temples praying to wrong deity. A single general-purpose temple may work best for now.