Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

Duck Fortress: Seaside Absurdity - Overseers Wanted! Quack!

(1/38) > >>

PsychoAngel:
Upon the fifteenth of Granite, on the year of 5, a very peculiar crew of dwarves set out to find the coastline. They had many different talents and many different personalities, but there were two things they all shared.
First: They all wanted to stake their claim in the wilds and prove their mettle.
Second: They all really loved ducks.

Spoiler: Upon the coast of The Fated Land and the Gray Oceans, they found their place. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Land surveys were promising, and now they knew there would be nothing standing in their way. (click to show/hide)
They set out towards the coast with their supplies, their companionship, and of course, their ducks. With five males and nine females in total, the prosperity of their feathered friends was assured.

This is the story of seven dwarves, "The Humorous Post" (I didn't make that name I swear) and their settlement of the newly christened fortress Wavebirds.

Strike the earth!

Spoiler: A few rules (click to show/hide)
* This is a fort dedicated to ducks, culling them is prohibited unless absolutely necessary.
* Ducks, duck eggs, and other duck-related items are valued and preferred imports/exports, though I won't enforce it as the only way to trade.
* You can and probably should harvest the nest boxes every now and again.
* Try not to take more than two weeks to finish your turn, though I'm sure we'll be perfectly accepting of any issues resulting in an extended turn.
Current turn list:
Psychoangel - Completed
Travis Bickle - Completed
IcyTea31 - Skipped
applet - Completed
Spriggans - Completed
Craftsdwarf boi - Skipped
gchristopher - Completed
foxstew - Skipped
Salmeuk - Completed
The Great Underduck demands new overseers!

Dorfs:
PsychoAngel: Speardwarf/Expedition Leader
Travis Bickle: Carpenter/Manager
BlueKanary: Military Dwarf
Imic: Weaponsmith
IcyTea: Ezum the Duck Secretary
Salmeuk: Gem Wizard

Ducks:
DwarvenLord: "DuckyLord", Paddling Patriarch - Deceased  :'(
Superdwarf: "Superduck", Man Among Mallards
And a special surprise duck!

Also, sorry I haven't checked in in forever. Hopefully this makes up for it.  ;)

Travis Bickle:
I'll play.

PsychoAngel:
Gotcha. Yer on the list.

PsychoAngel:
Thinkin' I'll get this started tomorrow. Don't wanna wait too long.

IcyTea31:
Count me in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version