Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: DELVER INC.: Shady Aftermath (NO WAITLISTING)  (Read 8321 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DELVER INC.: Shady Aftermath (NO WAITLISTING)
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2019, 06:23:23 am »

"I'm gonna cut the moaning guy down from the container if anyone cares."
Go cut the ropes and set the moaning guy free.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2019, 06:18:31 pm »

ROAD TO PRIPYAT

Having fought off the murderous shades, the party headed towards Pripyat took a moment to rest and recuperate. The sizzling from the blood on the ground is soon drowned out by a downpour of rain onto the battle weary band of mercenaries. As soon as it started the rain stopped. Altogether.

Alright, rest and recovery time. Let's go get my other arm and set about repairing the connections.

Theta 5 grabs his arm. It's still attached, but the connections have been lost. He attempts some reparation magics. (13) The arm functions again, but not by much. The metal remains bent in some places.

"HNGNnnn-- ow. Ow. Ow. Ow."

Assess damage to foot.

Diggy tests his dusted foot. He cries out in pain on stepping on it. Yep. Definitely broken. (8 ) He doesn't know that his metatarsals are actual dust now, taking the pain and the disfiguring as nothing but a deep bruise He isn't exactly the sharpest lightbulb in the shed. ((Yes that was intended to be stupid.)).

"I'm gonna cut the moaning guy down from the container if anyone cares."
Go cut the ropes and set the moaning guy free.

Blarg goes and sets free the guy that caused them to start this in the first place. He hits the ground with a meaty thunk, flails about, breaks his arm and then starts screaming in Ukrainian. He runs off into the woods where he is immediately hit with a cloud of black smoke and disintegrates. This whole event takes place in the span of 20 seconds. There is a loud calling in Common with a heavy Ukrainian accent.
   "Do not move or I will kill you." On the other side of the clearing is another Shadow man. He doesn't immediately attack, but maintains his distance. He is holding what appears to be a rifle with a large magazine. You can't give details as it absorbs all light that touches it. "Why did you release that savage? If he were in his right mind and more bodily able he could have easily killed us all! I should kill you all, now before you cause all our deaths."

Cassidy goes off into a space cowboy themed wonderland in his mind's eye.

PRIPYAT OUTSKIRTS

Nemra heads to Pripyat

(20) Nemra begins walking straight towards Pripyat. She crosses the road and walks all the way there, much faster than the other party would have. She arrives at the first appartment building. It's filled with beings that are composed of pure darkness. They speak only ukrainian, so Nemra doesn't understand what they are talking about. There's a few mentions of Chernobyl. But not many. One of the shades runs up and pokes her shell. "Мама! Подивіться на цю гігантську помилку! Він ходить, як ми! Це повернулося так важко!"

ROAD TO CHERNOBYL

"What a trip, eh? Oh, walking away already." Deci says cheerily. "Well, the briefing mentioned something about Chernobyl, and I smell... impending detonation. I could use a few rad grenades... Never been to a pre-meltdown Chernobyl, actually.."

Bad idea decided, the young demolitionist marches off to the place she heard of in old tales- Chernobyl, the First Great Wastes!

Deci makes her way up the road to Chernobyl (15) Nothing happens on this leg of the journey to Chernobyl.

Spoiler: Theta-5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diggy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blarg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bullet Cassidy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nemra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Decimatius (click to show/hide)
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2019, 06:21:45 pm »

Theta does some final field repairs to his arm to bring it as close to full capacity as it'll get until we reach a resting point.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2019, 07:26:16 pm »

"OWWW"

Sinking back to the ground, Diggy raised his dynamite cannon in the ghost's direction as best as he could. "You-- have-- some-- NNGH-- splainin'-- to do!"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2019, 08:12:01 pm »

Nemra uses her antenae to draw a peace sign on the ground. She uses the one from Earth, a circle with a 3 toed bird foot inside. She then tries to write what she heard and puts a question mark, hoping to convey that she is asking what they are saying.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2019, 07:06:10 am »

"Did I just release ultra Hitler, or are you just making stuff up? Also I don't see how some half dead guy could kill us all."
If he becomes distracted at any point jump behind the container out of his line of sight.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2019, 07:20:49 am »

"Hm... I expected more activity on this route. OH, I KNOW!"
Deci pulls one of the "minor" grenades off her bandolier ("When your bandolier gets this stuffed, you tend to forget what every last 'nade does. You can tell the lesser ones from the bigger ones from the spiky Frags, but that's it."), pulls the pin, and sets it down in front of her. She trusts in her natural explosion immunity to keep her safe and for the grenade's explosion to attract SOME action.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:14:17 am by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2019, 09:17:05 am »

"If it was that bad, ya coulda at least put up a sign er somethin'"
she looks around a bit with the matter manipulator, maybe there's something valuable

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2019, 06:14:01 pm »

ROAD TO PRIPYAT

The party is now under threat from a shade that can talk. He seems to speak the common language of all sentient multiversal beings or someone who knows a multiversal being. He has a rifle of shade.

Theta does some final field repairs to his arm to bring it as close to full capacity as it'll get until we reach a resting point.

(10) He can't bring it to any higher function at the present moment.

"OWWW"

Sinking back to the ground, Diggy raised his dynamite cannon in the ghost's direction as best as he could. "You-- have-- some-- NNGH-- splainin'-- to do!"

"Explain what? How you almost let a crazed madman free to kill all of us. We'd been searching for him for almost three months after Nico had nearly killed him last time. And then YOU BUFFOONS ALMOST LET HIM ESCAPE! And I swear to Jehovah, I will kill you if you don't lower your weapon, NOW!"

"Did I just release ultra Hitler, or are you just making stuff up? Also I don't see how some half dead guy could kill us all."
If he becomes distracted at any point jump behind the container out of his line of sight.

"You didn't see the stuff he did a few months ago. He killed every man, woman, and child in Kiev. There were a lot of people there. If he had managed to get out of sight, we'd see two more tomorrow. When we saw him the first time, there were fifteen of him and they all died except him. He was wounded slightly and was unable to duplicate until the day before yesterday when we found three of them dead to a bear. We tracked him down and killed his clones, but this one we thought was the original. I only hope it was, now and you didn't just KILL THE BEST TRACKING TEAM IN UKRAINE FOR NOTHING!"
   (13 vs 20) He appears to turn his head to look at Diggy for a second. Blarg takes the opportunity to dive behind the crate. He bumps into another shade who is now pointing a pair of shadow pistols at him. "Did you think I wouldn't bring backup, neh? Get back out here before Boris fills you with more holes than capitalist cheese."

"If it was that bad, ya coulda at least put up a sign er somethin'"
she looks around a bit with the matter manipulator, maybe there's something valuable

"For what? The job we were about to do if you had not shown up even 10 minutes later? AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

(1) Cassidy looks and sees a bit of gold in the ground. She pulls it up and it's a small gold coin. She grabs it. Her arm is immediately turned to gold and falls off. It is quite painful.

PRIPYAT OUTSKIRTS

Nemra uses her antenae to draw a peace sign on the ground. She uses the one from Earth, a circle with a 3 toed bird foot inside. She then tries to write what she heard and puts a question mark, hoping to convey that she is asking what they are saying.

The young shade recognizes the sign, but has no idea what it means. "Що це?" Nemra then writes what she heard, (13) there's symbols that don't exist in the world, but there's a few Cyrillic letters interspersed within. Not enough to convey meaning. She asks what it means. "Я вас не розумію. Чи можете ви розмовляти українською?"

ROAD TO CHERNOBYL

"Hm... I expected more activity on this route. OH, I KNOW!"
Deci pulls one of the "minor" grenades off her bandolier ("When your bandolier gets this stuffed, you tend to forget what every last 'nade does. You can tell the lesser ones from the bigger ones from the spiky Frags, but that's it."), pulls the pin, and sets it down in front of her. She trusts in her natural explosion immunity to keep her safe and for the grenade's explosion to attract SOME action.

The explosion (8 ) brings in a whole lot of nothing.

Spoiler: Theta-5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diggy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blarg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bullet Cassidy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nemra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Decimatius (click to show/hide)
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2019, 06:20:40 pm »

Nemra says that she comes in peace in Common, and asks about why they are there and asks if she can help them with anything

Hopefully they can understand and speak Common
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:33:30 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2019, 06:26:00 pm »

Theta's just going to sit down and wait while everyone else figures out what's going on.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2019, 09:30:56 am »

"What the hell is capitalist cheese? Robot do something other just sit there!"
Go back out into the open and hope I don't get shot.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2019, 09:57:59 am »

"What the hell is capitalist cheese? Robot do something other just sit there!"
Go back out into the open and hope I don't get shot.
Theta goes looking for potentially useful stuff that isn't on a corpse.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2019, 11:10:11 am »

Diggy lowers the dynamite cannon a little bit. Ghosts don't yell at people-- they just eat 'em. "Keep... talking."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]