Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to increase ammo carrying capacity in quivers?  (Read 851 times)

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically i want to increase the amount of bolts carried at once by dwarves from 25 to 100 or more.
How do i go about on doing this? Is it even possible? I'm pretty new to DF modding, i tried searching but couldn't find anything similiar.
I read that technically quivers can carry more than 25 bolts, and i have seen it happen but it's unreliable.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to increase ammo carrying capacity in quivers?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 07:02:30 am »

To my knowledge, there's no metrics available to change. Size of ammunition would be the obvious one, but I've had small rifle bullets and large arbalest quarrels in the same mod, and the 25-stack rule still seems to apply.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Is it possible to increase ammo carrying capacity in quivers?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 08:51:21 am »

Last I checked (which admittedly was back in version 0.34), quivers effectively had a hardcoded [CAPACITY:12000], which means they would be able to contain 80 bolts of [SIZE:150] - thus, making bolts smaller should allow more of them to fit in a quiver at once, though this would also make them less effective (since their size is also what determines their weight, and weight affects their damage).

The main issue is that military Dwarves don't attempt to carry more bolts, so the above change would only really be noticeable in Adventurer mode.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.