Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yes or No

Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: The Doom of Doomhollow - Year 10 - [Finished]  (Read 50953 times)

HYSTYS

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear no mask.
    • View Profile
Re: Doomhollow: The Doom Saga - Book 3
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 03:15:18 am »

So, I am kinda turning our lovely fort into the Premier Exporter of glass Goblets.

High society dwarves drinking from wine glasses is something I rarely imagine but is also very canon now. Not to intrude by the way, but you should probably make the entrance wider.

He moves restlessly behind the sun.
If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 07:22:42 am »

Copper weapon trap components are good exports if it’s ever needed, since they train Weaponsmithing, and if you have a good weaponsmith, they go for a lot. Though I suppose if we’re in a desert we’ll have all the sand we’ll never need. But that brings up issues of fuel. We’ll need to go for magma soon, I’d say.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 07:30:53 am »

I'll upload the save and the write up after I get home, but I set up a Glassmaking Production chain and turned 1/3 of the Fort in Glassmakers

Also I did indeed make the entrance wider since the Depot is underground in the Fortress Proper.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 03:09:30 pm »

Must be a long drive home. :^)
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 12:29:24 pm »

PTW Ill have to look through the first two books. this sounds interesting

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2019, 09:12:28 am »

Must be a long drive home. :^)

oh yeah, takes me 2 days to drive all the way  ;)

In seriousness, sorry for the delay, work is a b*tch. I'll have the end of the year write up soon, today or tomorrow, depends on work.

Here's the Save for the next Schmuck in line: Here

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2019, 09:36:10 am »

I’m going ti need to cancel my turn for the ti e being, I should be able to get a turn under my belt in a few weeks or so, but not right now.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

HYSTYS

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear no mask.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 10:35:30 am »

Yeah end of May is always busy for absolutely everyone in my experience.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2019, 01:26:27 pm »

gimme that save

HYSTYS

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear no mask.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2019, 03:16:34 pm »

Here's the Save for the next Schmuck in line: Here

It's in the post

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2019, 05:06:01 pm »

I need a Dorfing. Someone exotic and weird. You know what to do.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2019, 04:52:17 pm »

Okay, I opened the save and the tileset fucked up all the tiles. Can I get a version with no tileset?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2019, 05:29:19 pm »

Okay, I opened the save and the tileset fucked up all the tiles. Can I get a version with no tileset?

Sorry, I used Ironhand with the latest lnp... give me a few, I'll have it up with the write up

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2019, 11:04:19 pm »

I accept this challenge.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2019, 10:24:27 am »

Journal of Ryukan, 1st Granite

Well, I guess I have to update this thing on what has happen thus far. Let's see.... oh I guess I'll start when we spotted that Kobald. Skulking Vermin was spotted by the entrance to the Fort, but quickly ran off before we could react.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not much time passed after that until we spotted more shapes on the horizon. I must say I panicked and started ordering everyone underground to prepare for a siege, but the ever sharp eyed Dark One informed me they were the migrants he had summoned. I start to ask how he summoned them from all the way out here, but I thought better of it and went to prepare the paperwork.

Summer passed uneventfully, except for me beginning a minor glass production chain.

Here's a few drawings of the Fort during the transition from Summer to Autumn.

Spoiler: Entrance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Main Fort (click to show/hide)

I dug out a large storage Area to the North using.... "voluntary Labor" from our dwarves. The Entrance Ramp to the Surface is to the West, but further beyond that is the staircase that leads down into the Mines. I also have the area cut off from the Fortress by 2 Draw Bridge Gates, that way if any danger befalls our Fortress, from above or below, we can raise the Gates and the Main Fortress Proper can be sealed. Having a Mechanic tag along with our Group really made it easier than I thought.

It wasn't long after that when I heard report of a Dwarven Caravan approaching and I ordered our, at that point, still Novice Glassmakers, to make as many Green Glass Goblets as they could to trade.

As the Expedition Leader, I got the "privilege" to sit through the Liaison's meanderings about the going ons with the rest of civilization.

In the end I ordered some Drink and Plump Helmets for next year, never know when food might suddenly become iffy. After signing the Documents we said our farewells as I went to to Trade and the Liaison went to the Tavern to get Drunk.

While we were still trading with the Caravan, some more Migrants arrives, apparently they were following the Caravan and chose to settle here. Why is beyond me.

Our Census records are starting to become a headache to manage...

I shit you not tho, the scariest thing happened when Dark One of all people just went absolutely bonkers. As in just dropped his Goblet onto the floor (I say with pride that it didn't shatter, not even scratch), and just ran to Carpentry Shop and started Babbling madly, something about judgement upon sinners and awakening of the old gods and whatnot, I swear his eyes started glowing red or something.

The Barrel that he made was pretty impressive if I say so myself.

It wasn't long after that it seemed that winter was upon us.

With Winter coming though, I am proud to say that the Library and Tavern were both completed and we started attracting roving Bards and Scholars almost immediately, which I thought suspicious, but what ever.

Also "Library" is used in the loosest sense, it's more of a small closest that we dug out and couldn't find use for, so I threw a glass bookcase ot two in there with a table and chair and called it done.

We do have scholars coming in and writing books though. I'm not much of a reader myself, but I do see the value in having a repository of knowledge.

Anyways, winter passed without incident or catastrophe and as per the Ancient Laws, I am now handing over the Rutile Hat to the next Dwarf in line, Flame12 I believe.

Here's one last view of the fortress as it stands at the end of Winter.

Spoiler: Main Fort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Entrance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mines (click to show/hide)

Here's a list of the written Books we have already, which is pretty impressive considering we don't have a scholar ourselves yet, just rely on passing Scholars and Historians and whatnot.

And the final tally for Glass Goblets. I have spent my entire Term almost building a healthy Glass Industry and I am proud that we have at least 6 skilled Glassworkers now and the Industry to keep up production.

With that said, I am off to oversee my Glassworks I built. Maybe I can get the dumb shadows that keep following me to leave me alone now...

ASCII Save will be up later today, had to convert the Save back over and am uploading it now. I'll have it up for ya after I get home
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 10:39:44 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24