Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yes or No

Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: The Doom of Doomhollow - Year 10 - [Finished]  (Read 50958 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
The Doom of Doomhollow - Year 10 - [Finished]
« on: May 19, 2019, 12:48:58 am »

The wind blows across the craggy hills, chilly as it ever was
The stars and sky shielded by an unnatural fog
The creaking of wheels, the soft bellowing of the pack animals, and the crunch of gravel beneath seven pairs of feet echo dimly through the fog
The lead figure suddenly holds his hand up, and the small group halts.
He looks down at his map, soaked from the wet and barely able to read it
This is the place

"We'll set up here. Tie up the animals and grab the picks. This is our new home."
A screech is heard in the distance...

Doomhollow: The Doom Saga - Book III

Oh hello there. New migrant eh? Oh don't you worry laddie, we'll get you sorted out in no time. Here in Doomhollow we don't ask ye questions, we accept all, those with beautiful long beards or those who are just now sproutin' hairs on their chins. What's that ye ask? Can ye lead this place? Well Laddie, ye be in luck, see anyone who be crazy enuff to take up the hat of overseer can do so if the' please. We keep a nice 'n pretty list of the madmen over on that wall there, feel free to check it, or if ye dare, mark yer name down too.

Spoiler: List of Madmen (click to show/hide)

Now 'ere in Doomhollow, we 'ave a few rules ye need to follow. Fer starters...

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Now then laddie, I hope ye 'aven't got many more questions. If ye do, feel free ta ask, I'm sure Me or another of the boys 'ill get ta ye. I hope ye enjoy yer stay 'er ein ol' Doomhollow... oh, if ye hear any strange whisperin's or the like in te walls, just ignore 'em, they tend to go away after a bit, and stay clear of any dark or less traveled bits of the fort without a friend or two, never know what crazy 'ead might snatch ye up and feed ya to te crundles.

Spoiler: Quotes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Table of Contents (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OP's Message (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 02:30:12 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Doomhollow: The Doom Saga - Book 3
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 12:52:23 am »

<reserved>

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 01:45:40 am »

Journal of Rimtar "Ryukan" Tomesvisions, Expedition Leader of Doomhollow

Well, here we are, me and the lads made it finally. Out in this hollow in this white hellscape of a desert, the sand is white, the snow is white, the sky is white, it's all white. I don't think I can take much more of this. We set out from the Mountain home with 8 dwarves and 2 wagons worth of supplies. In the time it took to reach this northern part of the continent, we lost a dwarf and a wagon and our supplies have dwindled.

Spoiler: We are the Yellow "X" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We finally arrived however and I immediately order our miners to get to work clearing out a small hovel for us. I swear I heard a Dingo howl from out there beyond the white veil of the Blizzard... at least I hope it was a Dingo.

While the Miners were getting their stuff together, I grabbed the sheet that had everyone's names and profession. There were only 7 names on here after we rubbed poor Urist's name off.

As for our location, I have a bad feeling about this place, my fellow Dwarves seem like nice enough fellows, but something about them seems off, maybe it's just me, but I swear I hear them whispering to each other all the time...

Spoiler: Home Sweet Home (click to show/hide)

Feel free to request a dorfing! The Miners and Carpenter are the Menfolk, while the rest are ladies.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:47:30 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 04:31:52 am »

Put me up for turn 3, and Dwarf one of the miners, whichever does the better under stress.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 04:53:16 am »

*A subtle, chilly breeze blows from the north*

Greetings! Count me in for the third entry of the Doom saga. I can't guarantee that I'd take a turn right now, but I'd like to request dorfing. I'd take the carpenter if possible.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 09:44:07 am »

The starcats require a new agent in this new fortress, spread our glory and you shall be rewarded
(I would like to request a dwarfing as the other miner, can't take a turn rn as irl is in the way)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 10:59:22 am »

Hoho, another one! Dwarf me as the mechanic, but just nickname her "Onget" so we know she's taken without changing her name. I'll take a turn too.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 07:14:02 pm »

I doubt you have one at the moment, but dorf (goddamned autocorrupt and “does”) me as an archivist once one’s available. Or an author.
One of the two, assuming there’s even a distinction.
I’ll go by Erin Quill.

Do you guys have a magic system yet?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

HYSTYS

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear no mask.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 07:42:44 pm »

Please dwarf me as a carpenter, rename him to Hystys. I'll be able to join the !!FUN!! in a couple of weeks but don't put me in queue just yet. Thank you.
If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 01:11:26 am »

As soon as you get someone with any medical skills can you dwarf me as "Doc"? Male or female doesn't matter.

Also, I'm new to this but want to go in mostly blind. That said, is there any lore or history that I should know just for the purposes of RPing? The sort of stuff I'm talking about is the stuff any dwarf in this world could reasonably be expected to know.

EDIT: If I could get a turn as well that would be nice.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 10:16:47 am »

From some unknown place, an ancient spirit awakes from it's slumber.

Well well well, this ought to be fun.....

Whenever we get a guy with either metal crafting or bone carving dorf me up please.  I'll also take the fifth turn if no one minds
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 10:21:03 am »

Journal of Ryukan

Well it's now Summer,so I finally have time to sit down and write again. The Spring was fairly uneventful if I'm honest. I ordered our miners to delve quick lodgings into the sand and made a temporary storage hall with farms across the way.

By they time they finished, the Blizzard had passed and Spring took full force here in the desert. I must say that the white sand dunes looked pretty with all the green... if I was into that sort of thing, I'm not a pansy elf. Anywho, Once that was done, we turned our attention deeper and dug down until we hit solid rock. I ordered the first part of our new home to be dug out.

After that, not much else of note happened... oh wait, I also forgot to mention that the documents I have for my compatriots names are all wrong, Apparently their names were gotten wrong and now I have to go through all over again and fix them, just great.

I do believe I've caught you up to speed on everything that has happened till now. I've tried to include some sketches of the layout here, but I don't know how legible they are.

Spoiler: Fort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Entry (click to show/hide)

As for my compatriots, I would be lying if I said I trusted them fully. I always see them whispering behind my back, suddenly stopping when I come near. Are they on to me?

Okie, Turn list is updated and all the people who I could are dorfed.

HYSTYS

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear no mask.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 10:53:09 am »

Oh well, I guess I've somehow completely missed Dark One's post. Sorry, didn't mean to be rude with my request. I'd like to be 6th in the queue, I'm sure I'll be free by the time that turn comes.

He has seen you
If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 07:43:35 pm »

So, I am kinda turning our lovely fort into the Premier Exporter of glass Goblets.

"Drink Away the Apocalypse with Doomhollow's Quality Guaranteed Glass Goblets"

;D

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 09:49:41 pm »

I'd like a turn, and a dwarf.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24