Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yes or No

Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: The Doom of Doomhollow - Year 10 - [Finished]  (Read 51543 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Dragon of Doomhollow (OVERSEERS NEEDED)
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2019, 12:30:53 pm »

What, no one wants the hat?

It's a very nice hat! Quality materials, rarely worn, only slightly possessed by malevolent extradimensional entities.

If no one claims by the time I get off work today, I'll go for a second turn. But we need players badly...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2019, 04:04:35 pm »

Alrighty, I guess I'm overseer now, downloading save

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2019, 04:31:35 pm »

Yes! Doomhollow will endure!
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2019, 10:06:20 am »

Sorry, been busy this week, Save is downloaded and ready to go.

In the mean time, I'm psuedo-reviving Old Doomforest, tho its not Official Canon: Link

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2019, 10:44:53 pm »

Events of 1st Granite, 504

"So let me get this right. It's my fault for the awful design of the first floor yes?"

"Yeah, it was all 'too spaced out' and whatnot. Inefficient see?"

"Yes yes, all well and good, but if my floor was hideous... what in Armok's Beard is this?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"That's pure genius of course, designed by me to be pure efficiency, a true master plan is it not?

Ryu?"

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2019, 04:07:58 am »

Hey, it's not that bad, think of all that nice unbuilt real estate there in the middle!

What was that quote from one of the classic succession forts!? Ah yes, here it is...

Quote from: Andreus
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

I think it applies to all succession forts, without exception.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 04:13:39 am by Staalo »

Uhhh... welcome?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2019, 02:01:18 pm »

Journal of Ryukan, 4th of Granite, 204

I has been a few days since I took command of the fortress once again. I have spent these past few days inspecting what we have and seeing to all the projects my predecessors have left me. I could not care any less if I am perfectly honest. I have one goal in mind, one goal since the beginning, one purpose for this fortress.

We will forge an Empire.

To start with, the food stores look exceptional and the population is respectable. All in good order. The fort can idle on what tasks it has for some time without direct input, for my entire mind and purpose shall be on the creation of a proper Army. A Force solely dedicated to offensive warfare. I can already see the looks my fellow dwarves are giving me, and the names they utter under their breathes; lunatic, maddwarf, stark raving mad. It matters not, all this talk will subside when the first bounties of Imperium are returned to us and the treasures of our foes dumped at our feet.

To begin with, I want to launch an attack on the Goblins to the North, while it will be many years before we can think of assailing their great Icy Stronghold, we can raid their lesser outposts and weaken their overall position.

Next I want to invade into the lands of the Humans. They have a Great City, Murkguilds, with a population of over 2,000 on the coast, barely a days travel away. While trade with the humans could be profitable, subjugating them and forcing our lordship on them will be even more so. The Humans have in total 4 great Cities surrounding us, with numerous villages. The City of Autumnboulder to the north is not as populated but houses a Great and Ancient Library filled with many tomes and knowledge, a very lucrative target for initial raiding.

I must first, however, build my Grand Army, as we currently possess nothing but a barely trained militia. I will personally oversee the first new Squad of my new Army

I am also creating a new Grand Barracks for my new Army. A Great Dome under the Fortress, with wings for new Squads. Five Urists tall and many wide, it will be the most grand Barracks ever made. I am already returning many of the Dwarves to their jobs in the Glass Industry to pump out Armor Racks, weapon Stands, Doors, and other furniture, and I am also preparing to expand the Magma Forges to begin the industrial forging of Steel Armor and Weapons, seeing as we have much Iron and Flux Stone.

I can only hope I can bring my Army to full strength before I am forced to relinquish the Rutile hat and I lose my power. I have no doubt that those pansies who value peace and diplomacy will stop my attempts at subjugating the humans, I must act with haste...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 11:46:28 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Empire of Doomhollow (OVERSEERS NEEDED)
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2019, 03:25:40 am »

A military fort? Now this is getting interesting.

BTW, the third image in your update seems to be broken somehow.

Uhhh... welcome?

Eniteris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2019, 03:51:55 am »

I haven't actually read through the fort, but this looks like a vanilla succession fort. May I humbly request the hat for the next session?

Also, going in blind, is there anything I need to know? In two sentences or less?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2019, 07:58:12 am »

I haven't actually read through the fort, but this looks like a vanilla succession fort. May I humbly request the hat for the next session?

Also, going in blind, is there anything I need to know? In two sentences or less?

Welcome aboard, I'm halfway through my turn, so be ready. And going in blind? Hehheheh

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2019, 12:36:53 pm »

Journal of Dark One
4th of Granite, 204

Dark awakened in his room. What happened during all this time? Migraine... Dreams of caverns? Last thing he remembered was grabbing a torch and his weapon to chase the escaping vampire. What happened down there and how did he get back to his room? "I'm thirsty... a sip of ale is all that I need now!" he thought and left his quarter. The fortress seemed different, who was the overseer?

Dark found his way into the tavern. Some of the dwarves stared at him in a weird manner. He overheard that they suspected him to be a night creature of some sort or another vampire, as apparently, he behaved like an automaton completely devoted to his tasks during his unconsciousness. As for the latest changes, an overseer named Staalo did amazing work with the fortress and the military even managed to slay a dragon during his reign! Nobody wanted to tell him anything about the vampire, and it seemed that most have already forgotten.

After drinking a few tankards it was time to return to the quarters. Something picked Dark's interest on the way - a figurine of him laughing. Strangely, he found it lying on the ground in the middle of a corridor... It was relating to what other dwarves called a 'fey mood', but he knew that there was much more to it. The Elder One... There was... the connection he felt was gone. But he felt another one... with an ominous figure in the caverns. Dark picked up the figurine and returned it to stockpiles, it was a bad omen to take something like that to your own quarters!

While there, he saw a poster about military drafts and the Empire of Doomhollows. Now this looked like something he might be interested in...

I'm not up for taking a turn yet, maybe in two or three weeks, I'm taking a plane to Spain next week, so I could try sometime during my stay there.

I had to catch up with the fort, Staalo had one hell of a turn! Also, what is a Doom saga without Dark One the vampire cultist?

LennyTheRed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2019, 12:52:48 am »

" If you would prefer jumping in blind, then go for it, it's the new blood that keeps this Saga fresh and alive."

I'll take a turn!  I was going to read everything first but I'd love to see everything with fresh eyes and read the birds-eye history after.

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2019, 01:49:34 am »

" If you would prefer jumping in blind, then go for it, it's the new blood that keeps this Saga fresh and alive."

I'll take a turn!  I was going to read everything first but I'd love to see everything with fresh eyes and read the birds-eye history after.
Good to see some fresh blood.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2019, 01:08:45 pm »

Sorry for the delay, Classes started and the job is killing me, but fear not, I shall post the save in a couple days at most. And welcome aboard!

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2019, 02:30:23 pm »

A polite bump since some time has passed... how are you doing, Ryukan? Have you had any time to finish the turn?

The vampire's bloodshot eyes were locked at him as she hovered over the sleeping hammerdwarf. Her cheeks moved as she sucked blood messily from an open wound in the dwarf's neck - a terrible slobbering sound, like a screw pump working on the last drops in the well.

SLLLUUUURRRPP.

Staalo blinked. A burly dwarf who had been drinking noisily from a green glass goblet looked at him suspiciously. Had he been having another flashback? This had been happening more and more lately, although that was a small wonder with all the horrible happenings of the past year. He hated being helpless like this. He had to do something!

Then he saw it.

"BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE. DOOMHOLLOW ARMY NEEDS YOU - JOIN NOW!" A chiseled-looking heroic dwarf warrior in the recruiting poster seemed to point his finger straight at his conscience. "Doomhollow army." Well well.

Now, that would certainly be something.

So uh, yeah, I'm volunteering my dorf for that army you're building, if there's still time and room.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 02:56:37 pm by Staalo »

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24