Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yes or No

Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: The Doom of Doomhollow - Year 10 - [Finished]  (Read 50950 times)

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dragon of Doomhollow (OVERSEERS NEEDED)
« Reply #180 on: December 25, 2019, 08:42:29 pm »

1st Granite 505

So Eniteris has clearly gone mad. Elf-loving, goblin-sympathising, tee-totalling levels of bonkers.

Allow me to summarise the conversation:

"Hi boss, what's up?"

"You're in charge from today KAAG."

"What?"

"You heard."

"I'm an animal caretaker...I know nothing about running a fortress!"

"Tough. Now I'm off to train with the Clasps."

And that was that.

I'm sure he would argue that a Speardwarf has no more fortress running ability than an animal caretaker. But...dammit, he was good at it. I really doubt I will be.

So, stunned, I started by familiarising myself with the fort. I mean...yeah, I live here, but it's easy to ignore the details, right? So I started off in the living quarters.

BY ARMOK'S BEARD! The engravings hurt my eyes!!! I ordered them immediately toned down!

(OOC: toggled engravings off...who can even live with them on???)

A quick head count suggests we don't quite have enough bedrooms for everybody. We're not *miles* away, but we could use 30 more. I will focus on this task with the highest priority.

BY ARMOK'S FLINTY EYES! Why is our military training out in the snow and getting thoroughly miserable in the process??? Who is responsible for this mess? I need a drink.

I will therefore additionally prioritise proper INDOOR barracks for our brave warriors.

Zero...literally ZERO instruments in any temple! How are we supposed to accompany our chants to the Gods? With our armpits? Whistling? Another oversight I intend to rectify.

Our prisons...literally just chains in rooms. I'm a believer in law and order myself, but to not even have a bed and a chair? By Armok's hooked nose, that is harsh. I shall improve matters there forthwith.

And the stone...DEAR ARMOK, the amount of stone simply strewn around our corridors! This simply will not do. It's either gotta go, or gotta be stockpiled. Our home is a bloody quarry!

On the plus side, our metal industries are in full gear, our military seems well equipped and trained (if somewhat cold) and the population seems relatively happy. The layout of the forts could kindly be described as "sprawling", but not exactly insane. You know diary...I think I might actually be able to pull this off.
The humble lever: responsible for more dead fortresses than megabeasts, goblins and elves combined!

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 25, 2019, 08:58:50 pm »

1st Granite 505 (Cont)

Less than one hour later, I get some disturbing news:

Seems he just dropped dead...in front of all his squadmates. In the snow. Just like that.

Some are saying its just old-age...returning to Armok after a life well lived. But I'm pretty sure he froze to death. That barracks is a damn death trap.
The humble lever: responsible for more dead fortresses than megabeasts, goblins and elves combined!

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 25, 2019, 09:06:58 pm »

2nd Granite 505

It never rains but it pours, like an elf's tears when we cut down his favourite weeping willow!

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 25, 2019, 09:33:15 pm »

3rd Granite 505

Kobolds.

We're being beseiged by ARMOKING KOBOLDS!!!

How many thieves have the previous overseers let through unpunished? One is one too many. Bloody hell. I need yet another drink. Blueberry wine, ideally.

I immediately order the Rapid Clasps out to deal with them.

What the hell is this? We're under siege here Mrs Elf-lady, you think now is the time for this nonsense?

How about "Nark off". Is "Nark off" good for you? Bloody tree-fondling idiot.

4th Granite 505

As easy a victory was had as any fortress could hope for over the skulking filth. The battle was so one-sided it's barely worth describing. I mean...they were bloody Kobolds! I suppose I should mention Dark One and my predecessor Eniteris, who both fought well and contributed kills.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The aftermath was a little messy, but I've heard tales of worse.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm beginning to see why we have this damn tradition of changing leaders every year. I'm sick of this malarkey after just 4 days. I'm sure I saw Eniteris smirk as I dealt with that pompous elf hag!

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 25, 2019, 11:25:51 pm »

10th Granite

Oh great...the elves have sent a caravan. Yippee. By the way, I'm being sarcastic.

Despite telling that elf harlot to Nark off...I haven't actually ordered any trees to be cut since she came. Coincidence I assure you, diary. Couldn't care less what they think. But they did bring a bunch of wood, which they tell me is "elf-kosher', and as it was cheap as chips, we bought it all. Plus some fruit. Cost us about 15 examples of our stone crafts. A good deal, methinks.

25th Granite

Asen Ralostuk the mace dwarf is reportedly so miserable that he is now bonafied depressed.

Apparently, this has been brought about by standing around training for months on end in the rain and snow. WHO'D HAVE BLOODY THUNK IT, EH?

I am more determined than ever to get these barracks moved indoors, ASAP.

28th Granite

For the love of Armok...why do we have 752 glass goblets? That's more than three goblets per dwarf!!!

I need a drink...in a MUG! These dwarf's will be the death of me.

2nd Slate

Kubuk Moruldesis has been reported to have been muttering to himself, and has apparently locked himself into the crafting workshop near the magma forges.

Who knows what we're going to end up with this time? Hopefully something useful.

25th Slate

Asen Ralostuk has gone past depressed and has moved on to, and I quote, "stumbling around obliviously, quietly humming that song about the goblin and the woodcutter in g major".

We need these indoor barracks soon. I have decided to create two new masons workshops, and to assign another couple of masons. I have found myself ordering our manager to do a LOT of rock furniture creation since taking over, and it's all taking waaaay too long to finish.

27th Slate

Apparently, Kubuk has spent literally 25 days running around the fortress, top to bottom, gathering stuff for his "invention". Happy day, kaloo kalay! He has finally started building something. Oh I do hope it ends up being practical!

4th Felsite

A toy boat. He made a toy boat. Out of OUR ADAMANTINE! KUBUK, YOU MADE A USELESS, PATHETIC, TOY BOAT OUT OF OUR ADAMANTINE. YOU UTTER...

OK, how much did you say it was worth?

Most valuable artifact you've seen in years, you say?

Good work, Kubuk! Always knew you had a good head on those shoulders pal!

(OOC: I suspect this will take me longer than the 2 days I optimistically predicted...but I'm 99.9% sure I'll be done before New Year's Eve)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 26, 2019, 01:38:39 am »

For the love of Armok...why do we have 752 glass goblets? That's more than three goblets per dwarf!!!

;D

And holy sh*t, a turn!
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2019, 06:03:26 am »

What it this? A turn? DOOMHOLLOW LIVES AGAIN! It's a Christmas miracle!

Apparently, this has been brought about by standing around training for months on end in the rain and snow. WHO'D HAVE BLOODY THUNK IT, EH?

Year 503... wait, that was my year! B-but the only time the militia could have been out in the rain was when the...

Oh.

So it was the rain that traumatized you, Asën? The huge scaly reptile trying to scorch and dismember you was just work as usual?
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2019, 05:02:23 am »

;D

And holy sh*t, a turn!

Community forts ought to end in a blaze of glory and/or disaster. Not fizzle out due to inactivity and inertia. Happens way too often.

I had a 'strange mood' after my wife went to bed on Christmas day and decided to 'dwarf' (as we call it). Mine and her fort is on hold over Christmas, so I had some time. Et, voila!

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2019, 05:07:27 am »

5th of Felsite, year 505

It seems like more than just two short years ago that we were attacked by the dragon Obin Taxedjade. Staalo was in charge back then. And Kûbuk Wealthpage struck the killing blow on that scaly, flame-filled beast.

The other dwarves look upon those two heroes with eyes betraying their wonder and admiration.

I wonder if I shall get the same treatment when I am done with my year in charge? Sensible bedroom planning and warm training facilities seem to me just as praiseworthy as dragon killing escapades. Right guys?

Guys? Why are you rolling your eyes at me?

7th of Felsite

By Armok's muscular biceps, I'll show you then. Everyone knows a fortress is only as magnificent as the artifacts it creates. And our most magnificent artifact was created under my watch.

Now I think about it, I distinctly remember discussing toy boats with Kubuk back in 504. And adamantine: why is it only to be used for magma-safe projects and weaponry? Nobody was more pleased than I was (I remember clearly) when he came running up the stairs holding the magnificence that is Monomuthir Izkilanzish aloft.

So I shall build a pedestal and display this masterpiece of dwarvenkind in our meeting room, for all who live in Doomhollow to wonder at.

I shall make it from green glass, after all, we have enough of the stuff just lying around. It'll be better than another bloody goblet!

21st of Felsite

Finally got the military into new barracks. Warm, clean beds for all, armor stands, weapon racks, coffers, engravings on the way. A far cry from the freezing cold watch-tower. Bit of an improvement, right chaps? Who's looking out for you? KAAG the animal caretaker, that's who.

Our chief medical dwarf, Doc, pulled me to one side during the grand unveiling ceremony and whispered in my ear. Apparently we have 11 unhappy dwarves (by which, she told me, she means 'seriously' unhappy...all dwarfs in my experience are at least borderline grumpy most of the time), and 8 of those 11 are in the military.

She told me to watch out for a condition she called a "tantrum spiral". She didn't elaborate too much. I assume this is some form of irritating, circular rash.

25th Felsite

No, apparently its not a rash! By Armok's adamantine belt-buckle, it is definitely not!

I have reports today that Vabok Istrathkol, member of the sword squad The Glazes of Worth, is having a breakdown in the new barracks. I've heard that fists have been flying.

Why oh why do the dwarfs with the weapons have to be the same dwarfs losing their heads over rain and snow they experienced two years ago? Suck it up man! You're army for crying out loud!

(I didn't say any of that to his face, Diary. I don't want to be punched by a soldier wearing steel gauntlets, thanks)

28th Felsite

OK, what do we do about military dwarfs who seem to be ticking time-bombs?

I can think of one thing: give them more nice stuff and hope they get over it.

I order 4 silver statues per barracks. And make them wonderful (my exact instructions to the smiths). Biggest threat to our fortress here at Doomhollow right now: our military emo-ing us to death!

9th Hematite

I finally got round to ordering my...our, our dear Diary, new pedestal to be placed in the meeting hall, to display Monomuthir Izkilanzish.

I firmly believe this will be long-remembered as the greatest day in the history of our majestic home. Dragon? Shmagon!

11th Hematite

A human diplomat has come to visit. I don't mind the humans. Bit too tall...bit too sober, but they're all right. I told him I was in charge, but he insisted on speaking with our baroness. I was kinda hurt to be honest Diary.

15th Hematite

I spoke to some of our military chaps, and some recurring themes came up (leaving aside the moaning about the inclement weather of 2 years ago, on which I can do nothing about):

"Haven't been able to pray"

"Haven't been able to take it easy"

"Been away from friends too long".

Well...these I can do something about. I modified the training timetable for all our squads to have 4 months a year off. No more tyranny of constant work for our best and bravest, not under my watch! (I expected that speech to get a rousing cheer...it didn't.)

Well, hopefully it gives us a chance to lift their spirits. I'm getting pretty worried about them all to tell you the truth.

17th Hematite

Onget Rigothlam, Baroness, finally found the time to talk with the human diplomat

So they talked about a whole load of nothing. News from the outside world mainly. I'm sure that was worth waiting around our tavern for 6 days for!

8th Malachite

It has been brought to my attention that Monomuthir Izkilanzish has still not been put on display. Our manager Erin Quill, assured me that job orders had been raised for this but the dwarfs assigned regularly reported "Nope, can't find it". So I took it on myself.

I rummaged through every bin in the finished goods stockpile and endured a number of raised-eyebrows while doing so. I did not find it.

Then I stepped back into the corridor and spot it...in the arms of an ARMOKING KID!

They keep playing with the damn thing. IT'S NOT AN ARMOKING TOY!

By Armok's dwarf-bone helm, I'll get this damn piece-of-crap...er...priceless artifact and symbol of my brilliance (that's what I meant to say, Diary) on display if it kills me!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:18:08 am by KickAssAndGiggle »

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2019, 05:04:10 pm »

11th Malachite

Perhaps sensible bedroom planning and new barracks are not enough to be remembered fondly. I see that now.

Therefore, I pledge to triple our adamantine supply! Pretty sure I can do this in a safe manner. I've heard the rumours about digging "too deep" just like all dwarves. How does that rhyme go?

Shiny blue, the sharpest ore.
Value great, near planet's core.
Dig with sense, dwarf, dig with care.
For scary things do lurk down there.

But...what if there is more adamantine *above* where we have already found it? Seems nobody has thought of that diary!

By Armok's diamond nipples, I'll make a name for myself here yet!

13th Malachite

Vabok Istrathkol, that swordsdwarf of The Glazes of Worth, is stumbling around obliviously again. His break has just started...I really hope he can pull out of it. Of all the miserable sods we have who can't deal with a bit of snow, he seems to be the worst affected. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for hom diary but I'm not optimistic.

16th Malachite

ALL HAIL MIGHTY ARMOK!

The great artifact Monomuthir Izkilanzish finally got placed on its pedestal. This task seemed so simple...let me assure you diary that it wasn't. It *might* have been if it hadn't been for those meddling kids. Maybe I should set up some dwarven daycare for them all. Touching my masterwork...the bloody nerve of them!

No matter. The display of this toy boat on this green-glass pedestal will now be the crowning achievement of Doomforest...if we should last 1,000 years, dwarfs will still say this was their finest hour.

17th Malachite

PRAISE THE MINERS!!!

21st Malachite

We already have a good chunk of this new adamantine mined safely. I have ordered three new craft workshops made near the magma forges to get the extraction done in a timely fashion.

This shall be my legacy. Well...this and the boat, obviously.

26th Malachite

I found today that we had three peasants in the fort with no assigned jobs. What were all three of them up to? Nothing, that's what.

By Armok's majestic buttocks, I'll make them work.

They are our new dedicated strand extractors. Welcome to the magma forge level chaps. Hope you like it steamy!

1st Galena

Finally ordered beds and chairs added to our prison cells. Side-note: why do we have so many prisons? Are we expecting some form of mass mutiny? I hear tale of a scheme to capture the vampire we have lurking around the caverns...what kind of scheme requires EIGHTEEN prison cells? For Armok's sake, that's crazy.

Still...I put a bed and a chair in all of them, despite the insanity of it all.

And just as I did...Ustuth Avuzgemsit, a mere child, has been reported to me as being in a fey mood. Hmm...an artifact made by a child...I can hardly wait diary. Palpable excitement...yawn...

HANG ON! Do we have a boat-load of admantine sitting around the fortress? I think we do. By Armok's chalky tears, that gives me an idea...

3rd Galena

Ustuth Avuzgemsit has claimed his workshop...and its the same one Kûbuk chose for his majestic, brilliant boat. I'm getting the tingles just thinking about it!

6th Galena

Having calmed down somewhat, I think I should actually put some of this adamantine to a better use. So what's quick and easy and practical?

Shortswords! An admantine sword for each of The Glazes of Worth. Simple and practical.

I order it done. By Armok's mighty sideburns, our enemies will know our might should they come once more to our door.

27th Galena

24 days it took Ustuth to collect all the things he required for...whatever it is he's making. One day less than it took Kûbuk...but a sign that our fortress is perhaps a teensy bit on the sprawly side.

No matter! Work has begun.

1st Limestone

This marks the halfway point of my time in charge. As I reflect on my achievements, one thing stands out:

I got that damn boat on the pedestal! Eventually...

2nd Limestone

I'm getting reports on a thief!

Ah...I may have been a bit hasty blaming previous overseers for the kobold attack. There is no way we are going to catch the little blighter. By Armok's knobbly knees, these things are fast.

Ho hum.

4th Limestone

Ustuth has finished. It's not practical. It's not useful. But boy is it valuable!

Another pedestal is needed diary. I shall make this fortress the envy of the world.

Doomhollow. Where dwarfs slay dragons and make utterly pointless artifacts...but they do make them out of Armok's shiniest, bluest metal!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 05:05:43 pm by KickAssAndGiggle »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2019, 06:28:42 pm »

Heh, nice going so far!

Also I'll update the Table of Contents as soon as I can.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2019, 08:21:54 pm »

7th Limestone

Operation 'Shift this bloody stone' has been in operation since I began my year in office, but I haven't mentioned it here diary due to the mediocre progress we are making.

I added two chunky stockpiles for it, and got our crafters to begin making stone 'knick-knacks' to use some of it up. I'm hoping to gift a slew of it to the dwarven caravan, which I am quite confident should arrive in the autumn.

But...still it sits in our corridors, mocking me with its flintiness. So now it's no more Mr Nice Dwarf. I have added a third stockpile, even chunkier than the last two.

I will leave this fortress to the next overseer as clean as I possibly can. This is Doomhollow, not Doomquarry for Armok's sake.

10th Limestone

Wow. Speak of the caravan and it shall appear, diary!

(And a liaison, but who cares about him?)

Let the junk clear-out commence!

13th Limestone

Etur Idrathudil, one of our furnace operators, is throwing a tantrum.

I've heard of terrible happenings if a dwarf should do that in a temple and ends up toppling a statue in his or her rage. In dark, smokey taverns, it is said that the God to whom the temple is dedicated can even curse a dwarf who does this. Some say vampire, others werebeast.

By Armok's sturdy calves, it worries me greatly.

The reports are that he is in the Aquamarine Chapel, dedicated to Erib. I will send a squad there immediately.

14th Limestone

Well...Etur is certainly brave. He literally attacked Kel Ingizoddom...duke consort of Taperedtreaty, who had come to perform in the chapel.

Thankfully, they both came out relatively unschathed. And by all reports, Etur has calmed down.

By Armok's tremendous overbite, that was a close shave diary.

18th Limestone

Erin, our broker, traded with the caravan.

We bought all their booze, their fruit and veg, their cheese, and all their books and parchments. That set us back about 30,000 dwarfbucks, or, more succinctly, 5 bins worth of goblets, crafts and assorted other fairly useless bits of clutter.

Then, at my insistence, we gave away all the other bins and rocks we'd hauled to the trade depot as an offering to the Mountainhome. Apparently that was 91,143 dwarfbucks worth of useless junk (according to Erin...the price I mean: the opinion as to the worthiness of said items was all mine). Side-note: that offering is less than a 6th of one adamantine boat or earring!

Even though it's useless junk, hopefully it will impress King Urdim Notonkivish. Perhaps he should consider moving out here to Doomhollow? We have adamantine, for Armok's sake.

(OOC: yeah...that offering is over 10 times what we needed to become the capital...I expect the king to turn up within the year...)

19th Limestone

With all the meat, cheese and veg we've just bought, I ordered 500 lavish meals. This may seem excessive an amount considering all my complaining about clutter, but many dwarves are complaining about a lack of decent meals, and we now have quite a variety of stuff. Hopefully some of them will enjoy prepared ocelot heart.

By Armok's stubby fingers, I will snap these dwarfs out of their funk one way or another!

23rd Limestone

Etur Gegetavuz the outpost liaison, spoke with Zas Febeman the mayor today. Apparently the mountainhome is very impressed with us, and he has been empowered to raise our standing with our civilization, The Greatest Tombs.

I'm not certain where there is to go 'upwards', short of Doomhollow becoming the mountainhome. It may have sounded crazy at the start of the year diary, but I would not be shocked to find the king paying us a visit soon!

We asked the liaison to make sure the next caravan brings plenty more cheese and meat. I will not have dwarfs losing their minds over always eating plump helmet biscuits any more.

11th Sandstone

A few days ago, I ordered a green glass pedestal made, and then placed near the Trade Depot.

Today, with much less difficulty than last time, Etostisir Thebel Sodel, the masterful adamantine earring, was placed upon it.

We don't just make examples of dwarven culture here in Doomhollow...we ARE dwarven culture.

13th Sandstone

And...we're done. 10 immaculate, brilliant, ARMOKING SHARP adamantine shortswords have been created.

Either strand extraction is slow, or those three peasants I dedicated to the task are bloody lazy! Maybe both?

In any event, the Glazes of Worth are about to become that bit more formidable.

22nd Sandstone

Another day, another tantrum from Asen Ralostuk.

At least he isn't in a temple. Thank Armok for small mercies!

On another note, now that the caravan has left, I can see that we now 'only' have 250 green glass goblets. Which is still more than one per dwarf. But marginally more sane.

26th Sandstone

One task I have really gotten my teeth into this year diary is the engraving of all important rooms, and bedrooms.

Some absolutely astounding pieces have been created. Allow me to summarise a quality selection.

By Armok's hairy toes, it takes my breath away what Scourge, Staalo and the other engravers are capable of. Outstanding!

(OOC: don't panic, I ordered another 100 glass goblets to be made...you can carry on RP'ing your mad lust for glassware!  ;))

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2019, 08:38:40 pm »

It's not just role playing; it's been empirically proven that if the glass goblet production stops, a monster will appear and burn half of the fortress to slag. Be careful!
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2019, 10:05:39 pm »

It's not just role playing; it's been empirically proven that if the glass goblet production stops, a monster will appear and burn half of the fortress to slag. Be careful!
Well...we *may* have run out of sand. Which might prove to be a teensy bit of a problem for the goblet situation.

The military are scanning the skies nervously...

KickAssAndGiggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2019, 10:23:52 pm »

4th Timber

The 4-month break I gave to the military is over.

Doc tells me there are now only 8 unhappy dwarves, and only two of them are seriously miserable.

I deem my experiment a reasonable success. Really hoping we've turned a corner there.

And our mighty swordsdwarfs in the Glazes of Worth are now sporting their shiny new adamantine blades. By Armok's freckly back, if the gobbos of The Seductions of Grease come at us, we'll be ready.

5th Timber

Me and my big mouth.

Etur Idrathudil is throwing a tantrum near the magma forges. At least he's not armed! And not in a temple this time.

One of his major complaints is a lack of dining tables. He may have a point there diary. We do have tables and chairs in our meeting hall, but we don't seem to have a dedicated dining room. Shame I haven't noticed until now.

No matter, I will knock another cause for complaint on the head. By Armok's portly stomach, I'll show these dwarfs there's more to running a fortress than killing dragons and making green goblets!

13th Timber

Finally sorted out the museum. Only 5 display cases had anything in! Admittedly, these were artifacts and the remains of that dragon, which I suppose are worthy items for sure. But what's the point in having 12 other display cases standing there displaying nowt? By Armok's wispy hair, none!

I picked out some of our best items and ordered them to be displayed. Some remnants of our fight against the kobolds (teeth mainly: most of the other bits either rotted or are outside still), the rest of our artifacts and then a variety of master work items.

To be the cultural capital of the world, you've got to flaunt your culture. And I intend us to!

27th Timber

And, the museum is up-and-running!

1st Moonstone

Winter is here. Just three months left.

It seems a strange twist of dwarven fate that overseers have to give up their job just as they start to get good (well...moderately OK at least) at it.

I hope I have made things better here diary. So far we haven't had the glory and excitement of the dragon attack of 503, but I feel I have pulled the military back from the edge of madness, tripled our adamantine reserves and got our halls ship-shape with bedrooms for all, engraved throughout.

That counts for something, right?

In other news, a few old-timers have said to me, on more occasions than I care to recall, that the halting of goblet production leads to attacks by dragons.

I scoffed.

They scowled.

They 'politely' suggested that I stop tempting fate and start making goblets.

I winced as I got punched by two of them.

...we're out of sand. Apparently this needs to become my #1, #2 and #3 priority before the end of the year.

Sigh. Superstitious nicompoops!

2nd Moonstone

Literally minutes after I designated a spot outside for sand gathering, I get the following news:

Armok preserve us. These aren't Kobolds...it's the gobbos!

OK...this is serious.

By Armok's steel high boots...are we doomed?

Is this...the curse of the green glass goblet???

Emergency! All dwarfs to battle burrows!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24