Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 72254 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins
« on: May 20, 2019, 01:22:33 pm »

Day 1 Start
Day 1 Daykills
Day 1 End
Day 2 Start
Day 2 End
Day 3 Start
Day 3 End
Day 4 Start
Day 4 Daykills
Day 4 End and game over

Power Hungry Mafia 2 (hardcore mode)

<something something flavortext>

Welcome to the second (of more, depending on reception) Power Hungry Mafia.  This is going to be a game "for funsies" as role abilities (and perhaps even alignments to a certain degree) are going to be completely randomized.  Which means it is more likely than not going to be an unbalanced hot mess.  Also, as the name would indicate, not only will you be getting random abilities, you're going to be getting a double handful of them.  This is a semi-bastard game (as you may be given misleading information from role abilities).  Roles will be randomly taken from the Xylbot role list with maybe a few surprises sprinkled in as the mod sees fit.

Rules:

- Votes in bold red.  If I can't tell who or what you're voting for, you may be mocked.
- A tie vote at the end of the day results in a no lynch.
- Get the attention of the mod with bold orange.  You don't have to, but it makes less likely I'll miss a question.
- No posting after you're dead, except the customary "bah" post.  Said post may not have game-related info.
- No PMs to other players.  No direct quotes from the mod.
- No editing posts.
- Days are 48 hours; nights are 24 hours.  Deadlines are hard in that any voting or actions after deadlines will not be recorded, even if the mod is not present to process phase transitions. 
- Weekends do not advance the game time. 
- If you are inactive for 48 hours you will be modkilled. 
- [HARDCORE MODE] There are no extensions except by the grace of the mod.
- You get one action per phase (e.g. day, night) unless your role says otherwise. 
- The Mafia does not automatically have a factional night kill ability.  Work with what you're dealt.
- Night actions can be sent in advance during the day phase (if that's what you want to do).
- Stealing the Natural Action Resolution for action resolution order.
- Day actions will be processed in order they are received.
- Additional rules/guidelines/etc. will likely be stolen from webadict's games.
<stolen from NQT>
- In general, players are not informed of whether they are successful in their action.
- In general, players are not informed of who targeted them. This includes the Inform ability (i.e. informing a player of your alignment will send them a message which says "Town" if you are Town, it won't say "NQT is Town".
- Players are not informed when they are poisoned or infected or primed.
- Unless a power states that it targets a random player or yourself, it normally cannot self-target. I.e. if your power is once per night you can block your target, you can't choose yourself.
</stolen from NQT>
- Recruit actions will fail on Cult and Mafia members.  Town and other third parties can be recruited.
- Information in <angle brackets> on a roleflip represents information unknown to the player.
- More rules to be added as the mod remembers them and/or clarifications are needed.

Player List [12/7+?]:
  • Superdorf Town, killed N3
  • TricMagic Town, lynched D3
  • IcyTea31 Town, daykilled D1
  • Nirur Torir SK, lynched D1
  • Persus13 Town, lynched D4
  • hector13 Cult, lynched D2
  • Maximum Spin Mafia, daykilled D1
  • KitRougard Town, killed N4
  • kingawsume Mafia, modkilled D1
  • randomgenericusername SK team, won!
  • Deus Asmoth Mafia, daykilled D4
  • notquitethere SK team, won!
  • This can no longer be you!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - In signups [0/7+?]
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 01:36:15 pm »

Just to give a sample, I'll generate another random role for fun.

Dr. Ninja, bystander

Ninja: You may kill another player. You show up as a Townie (town) to cops and on death, and your actions can't be detected by trackers or watchmen. Actions: kill
50% Forensics Expert: You may perform an autopsy on a dead player, possibly giving you information about that player's killer. This role's actions only work 50% of the time. Actions: (day)autopsy
Magic Lamp: If you die, you can give another player awesome powers.
Doctor: You can protect other players from kills. Each protection stops one kill, and lasts for one night. Actions: protect
Nonvoter: You have no vote.

Text in italics is not revealed to the player, but is revealed on flip.  This role could potentially be assigned as town, mafia, or SK. 
"Awesome powers" is subjective, but would likely get between 2-4 additional powers from the bottom of the Xylbot list (which is where the rare and crazy ones dwell).
This role would flip as town, regardless of original alignment.  The next from the ninja ability would also be in the flip. 
If the role's autopsy action failed, the player would get a generic message like "your action produced no results" which could also mean they were blocked, redirected to a living player, etc., etc.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 01:46:55 pm »

Hmm... I'll bite. In.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 01:58:06 pm »

I hunger for more Mafia. In.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 02:02:54 pm »

In.

What will happen if the vote is tied? No lynch? Randomly selected? Selected by mafia?

Even if the game is completely randomized, will you reroll absolutely stupid setups? Say, if random alignment choice makes a ratio of 2 town, 3 mafia, 1 serial killer and 1 cult leader, or if nobody has kills or votes of any kind?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - In signups [2/7+?]
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 02:11:06 pm »

By the same point can only town have kills for some reason. I'm guessing even if Mafia whittle down town to match them, the game won't end there. Only when 1 faction remains standing.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 02:41:08 pm »

In.

What will happen if the vote is tied? No lynch? Randomly selected? Selected by mafia?

Even if the game is completely randomized, will you reroll absolutely stupid setups? Say, if random alignment choice makes a ratio of 2 town, 3 mafia, 1 serial killer and 1 cult leader, or if nobody has kills or votes of any kind?
Tie vote is a no lynch.  I'll add a line about that. 

Skills are completely randomly determined and would only be rerolled if there was something completely game breaking. 

Alignments are only slightly randomly determined.  Like, for example in the Xylbot role list, each ability has certain alignments they could be assigned to.  I kind of use that as a weight to determine alignments.  So there should be a somewhat balanced distribution of alignments in the game. 

Essentially, once sign-ups are closed, I'll generate a list of abilities for each player.  Depending on what everyone gets determines how I'll divvy up the alignments.  So, for example, if everyone got 2-3 kill abilities then maybe the setup would be a scumteam versus a bunch of SKs.  Or multiple scumteams versus each other. 

By the same point can only town have kills for some reason. I'm guessing even if Mafia whittle down town to match them, the game won't end there. Only when 1 faction remains standing.
Any alignment could potentially have a kill.  The Mafia members are just not guaranteed one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - In signups [3/7+?]
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 03:08:07 pm »

I'll In if you'll have me. No self-lynching, but I make no promises on not using a strong suicide skill if the time is right.

I'm calling it ahead of time, I'm going to try being less open (or fake-open) than previous games. It seems like an easier meta strategy.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - In signups [3/7+?]
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 03:14:59 pm »

Sure, I guess I'll IN on this one.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - In signups [5/7+?]
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 03:28:17 pm »

For the curious, and the lazy, here's the roles from the previous game.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 03:43:58 pm »

I see a lot of third-parties in there. Will jesters potentially be a thing in this game?

klonk
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 04:00:15 pm »

I've never played on the forum here, can I try? I started getting into this game structure via other mediums recently :D

It's yer basic day/night townsfolk hang a fool during the day mafia kills a fool in secret at night, right? And everyone has some sort of special allowance or ability, except in this case its hilariously randomized? Sounds super fun to me.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 04:01:25 pm »

I see a lot of third-parties in there. Will jesters potentially be a thing in this game?
There is one jester role in the Xylbot list, so it is possible, but unlikely.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 04:10:56 pm »

It's yer basic day/night townsfolk hang a fool during the day mafia kills a fool in secret at night, right?
Definitely not basic, this one. As the OP notes, this is a bastard game, meaning that unlike a normal game, you can't trust everything the moderator (Shakerag) says. Bastard games aren't very beginner-friendly, but you're definitely welcome to join if you can take the weirdness.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 04:11:24 pm »

I've never played on the forum here, can I try? I started getting into this game structure via other mediums recently :D
Welcome aboard! :) Just post the word "in" and Shakerag'll sign you up.

It's yer basic day/night townsfolk hang a fool during the day mafia kills a fool in secret at night, right? And everyone has some sort of special allowance or ability, except in this case its hilariously randomized? Sounds super fun to me.
That's about the size of it, yeah. I dunno how much experience you have with this game (I know I don't have much of any), but there's a nice collection of material to peruse in the new-players' guide. It certainly helped me.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43