Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 71396 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D4
« Reply #615 on: June 04, 2019, 09:25:30 am »

NQT: Here's the thing. You're not playing the Mafia championship anymore. There's 4 players left, and your case on me is a sentence of "process of elimination" and making assumptions about how the game works. You've claimed my claims haven't added up, but I've clearly explained every single question you've asked of me. You've said its clear Deus Asmoth has been lying, but you haven't bothered to do any back reading of the thread or any of your famed analysis. We've got over 24 hours left, and I demand more than that from you, because I don't trust you and Kit to bring home the win, and I deserve it. This isn't D1 and you don't have another game to distract you. Bring on the charts and graphs, and I'll take them.

Here's your options right now:

You lynch me. You then have two days to lynch RGU if he's telling the truth about the revive (and that's two days where you're going to have to rely on Kit to vote for you), or he convinces you to go after Kit, who I think is town. Normally I'd be fine with my lynch as an info lynch, but there's too few people and too few reliable people and too much time for RGU to pull something out of a hat.

We lynch Kit. That's dumb, but its an option. I pop RGU's revive, and then we're back to this day again.

We lynch RGU. If he's telling the truth about the revive, he'll be fine. I then kill him tonight because I think he's scum.

We nolynch. I kill RGU tonight because I think he's scum. If he's telling the truth about the revive, he'll be fine. If he's lying, he's scum. We then continue like today, but this time if you mislynch me you have one day to lynch RGU instead of two. I'd prefer an RGU lynch, but I think this is the safest option.

I've been successfully targeting scum players this whole damn game. I missed the spin thing, and I was late on the NT wagon, but I gave hector's lynch the momentum that you led, and I've been saying Deus Asmoth has been fishy since yesterday at least. Meanwhile RGU's been on the sidelines throwing out misinformation and not doing much for the entire game. His claim is difficult to prove and smells of fakeccaim, especially as he's still relying on DA's lies to prove himself. His post right before DA's attempted daykill smells of spin to start a case on why Kit should be the next lynch before the daykill had even happened.

I'm going to go read through the thread again to look at his other interactions, but you need to do the same to me and him, and I'm livid right now because we've got this game in the bag and you're doing your best mendel impression and throwing the game away.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 04, 2019, 10:28:36 am »

I think I've already claimed a few times but whatever.

One-Shot Cop: Used on NQT during N1, town result.
Human Shield: Used on NQT during N2, Used on DA during N3.
Mystery: No idea, never used. Probably Commando.
Reviver: Gained during N1.
Magic Lamp.
Pimp: Gained just a few moments ago (Shakerag said he derped on the PM), used immediately: 2 roleblockers. Probably NQT and Persus, since I don't have any roleblocks unless it's my Mystery ability.
I don't have any roleblock abilities. Also why do you think your Mystery ability is commando when DA was obviously lying about Night killing you?

The name that came with my role PM was "Paramilitary Wizard." I can't see anything that would be "Paramilitary" and I believe that Deus Asmoth did try to kil me, but during the day instead of during the night, which would explain the "lack" of deaths.

I would also like to hear what NQT has to say about Persus before anything, since he's confirmed town.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #617 on: June 04, 2019, 01:46:51 pm »

Persus, I appreciate your call to action-- but in a game with so few players with so many weird powers and hidden agendas, I don't think my normal kinds of analysis will be particularly productive.

There's still something that's not adding up about your claim: if Superdorf changed your role then why didn't that happen at the time of his death. Why did it apparently happen later the next day? This seems like a glaring inconsistency.

Also, being an (earlier unclaimed) PGO in a game with so few players doesn't seem very pro-town.

RGU, you seem to have a good handle on these power mechanics-- am I way off base here?

Kit, do you think we've got an SK left? Because if there is one, it's Persus.

--

Full claim:

One-Shot Daykiller
Mystery <something>
[ability I'll claim if I make it until tomorrow]
Psychiatrist
Sleeper Reviver (Persus is my buddy)
N3 I picked up One Shot Forensics

D1 Shot Max
N1 I targeted Kit with Psychiatrist
N2 I targeted RGU with Psychiatrist
N3 Mystery Deus - Nothing happened?
D4 Autopsy Superdorf

I didn't claim my Psych actions because I didn't want to be targeted by any SKs. I switched to Mysterying Deus because I was worried about the existence of a mafia and he had claimed to be unkillable.

Selfishly perhaps, I was trying to bait serial killers or mafia into taking out Persus after I made the Buddy claim. I was hoping they'd think we were lovers. Actually it just makes me a reviver, which is what I was relying on in the end game if it came down to LYLO.

I know that Kit and RGU aren't SKs. So that just leaves Persus as I don't think there could be any more mafia. The other possibility is that there's a cult. In which case, making myself unlynchable is a good step to at least force a stalemate.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 04, 2019, 02:27:56 pm »

I assume Plutonium didn't activate when he died because the wording is "When you die, you can mutate another player into a new role." So Superdorf gets to choose who it happens to, and I think he either wasn't active or took his time about it. Unless someone is kill immune and has a daymorpher ability I've got no other explanation for why my role suddenly changed, so if you have a better explanation I'd like to know. And I'm not sure why claimign my role changing would make a difference here unless I claimed or got Unlynchable or another revive or something.

As for why I never claimed PGO. I had no clue I was one until today when my Forensic Expert result on Superdorf said I killed him. I had a Secret ability, and PGOs can be a Secret ability, and Superdorf visited me, and I visited you last night. So PGO was literally the only scenario I could think of that explained that and I thought I'd explicitly claimed that before. If you have another one I'd be happy to hear it.

Persus, I appreciate your call to action-- but in a game with so few players with so many weird powers and hidden agendas, I don't think my normal kinds of analysis will be particularly productive.
Its been working for me up the entire game, and the mechanical stuff led to us trusting Deus Asmoth and look how well that turned out. Also you've got nothing mechanical pointing to me. Its literally an assumption that there can't be a third scum and there has to be a hostile third as far as I can tell.

Selfishly perhaps, I was trying to bait serial killers or mafia into taking out Persus after I made the Buddy claim. I was hoping they'd think we were lovers. Actually it just makes me a reviver, which is what I was relying on in the end game if it came down to LYLO.
Once again, why do your gambits involve me dying? Guess this bit of info leaves me more relieved that you have a better chance to win once I go though. Just kill RGU and don't let him convince you Kit is third party, and you should be able to bring it home.

I know that Kit and RGU aren't SKs. So that just leaves Persus as I don't think there could be any more mafia. The other possibility is that there's a cult. In which case, making myself unlynchable is a good step to at least force a stalemate.
Actually your Kit Psychiatrist went to Tric since he mimicked Kit N1. I still think he's town though, for reasons I've stated before. My best guess about your Mystery power is its a morph or a block.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 04, 2019, 04:24:40 pm »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Wednesday June 5th, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(2)Persus13 - notquitethere, randomgenericusername
(0)KitRougard -
(1)randomgenericusername - Persus13
(0)notquitethere -
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - KitRougard

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 05, 2019, 01:28:21 pm »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Wednesday June 5th, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(2)Persus13 - notquitethere, randomgenericusername
(0)KitRougard -
(1)randomgenericusername - Persus13
(0)notquitethere -
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - KitRougard

Persus13 has been lynched!

Persus13 was Courage the Cowardly Wolf-priest-thing (Town).

Courage the Cowardly Wolf-priest-thing

Cowardly Vigilante: You can kill other players. You can also hide once, making you immune to all actions that night. Actions: kill hide (1 use)
Townie: No description.
Shaman: You may reincarnate a dead player. That player will return from the dead and get a new role and team. You can only use this ability three times, and you cannot reincarnate the same player twice. Actions: reincarnate (3 uses)
Nurse: When the doctor dies, you become a Doctor.
Infected Werewolf: You have been transformed by the bite of a werewolf. Each night, you kill a random player. Actions: (auto)kill

N4 begins.  (autoprocessing)

KitRougard has been killed!

KitRougard was green goo (Town).

green goo

You have no abilities.

randomgenericusername, and notquitethere (SK team) have won!

Paramilitary Wizard

Human Shield: You can guard another player. If that player would be killed, you will be killed instead. Actions: guard
Evil Mastermind: You can recruit another player to be your minion. You and your minion form a team, and your minion can kill at night. You can't have more than one minion at a time. Actions: recruit
Mystery <Roleblocker>: You have a night ability, but you don't know what it does. <You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks.> Actions: mystery
Tracker: You can track another player. You will be told who that player targeted, if any. Actions: track
Magic Lamp: If you die, you can give another player awesome powers.
**************gained abilities****************
Reviver: You will revive once on death.
Pimp: Once during the game, you may recieve a list of how many roleblockers are alive. Actions: (day)census (1 use)

The Spanish Inquisition

Mystery <Roleblocker>: You have a night ability, but you don't know what it does. <You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks.> Actions: mystery
One-Shot Daykiller: You are a daykiller. Your ability can only be used once. Actions: (day)kill (1 use)
Mystery <Mad Scientist>: You have a night ability, but you don't know what it does. <You can mutate another player, changing their role randomly.> Actions: mystery
Missionary: You can attempt to convert a player each night. If that player is a cultist, that player will peacefully leave the town. Actions: convert
Azwolg: You will kill BUDDY1 the first night. Actions: (auto)kill (1 use)
****************gained abilities*************
Police Chief: Once during the game, you may recieve a list of how many cops are alive and what their sanities are. Actions: (day)census (1 use)
One-Shot Forensics Expert: You may perform an autopsy on a dead player, possibly giving you information about that player's killer. Your ability can only be used once. Actions: (day)autopsy (1 use)

Original role information and day/night processing to follow.

Scumchat
Masonchat
Cultchat
SKchat
Deadchat

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins
« Reply #621 on: June 05, 2019, 01:32:42 pm »

Spoiler: Superdorf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Persus13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: hector13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KitRougard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: kingawsume (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: randomgenericusername (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deus Asmoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: notquitethere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D1 processing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N1 processing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: D2 processing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N2 processing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: D3 processing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N3 processing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: D4 processing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N4 processing (click to show/hide)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 05, 2019, 01:45:07 pm »

So, interesting game.  First order of business is that if a third one of these gets run I'm getting rid of the Goo roles.  Seems to suck a bit of fun out of the game (and are a pain to process).

Everyone who would have benefitted from Deus Asmoth dying died before he did.  Whoops.

Oddly high number of Forensics Experts.  And Paranoid modifiers.

Persus13 was going to get autokilled N1, but Deus kinda accidentally saved him.
And Persus13 foiled Deus's kill on NQT on N3, kinda accidentally.  Go go mystery protects.

hector13 could have been scary as hell if he didn't get lynched.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 05, 2019, 01:49:53 pm »

Its good to know I was being lynched through maliciousness and not incompetence. I suppose the one thing I should have done differently is convinced Kit to vote RGU more.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 05, 2019, 01:52:40 pm »

Also the floor is open to discussion/feedback about what was good/bad/etc. about the format.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 05, 2019, 01:55:40 pm »

Night 2 had exactly 4 people making actions. yeah...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 05, 2019, 01:56:54 pm »

Wow, 6 out of 12 players were scum in D1, and would have outnumbered town by D2 if kingawsume hadn't been modkilled. Multiball or not, makes you wonder if town ever even had a chance.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 05, 2019, 01:59:15 pm »

Wow, 6 out of 12 players were scum in D1, and would have outnumbered town by D2 if kingawsume hadn't been modkilled. Multiball or not, makes you wonder if town ever even had a chance.
notquitethere started as town.  He was recruited.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 05, 2019, 02:41:28 pm »

So yeah. Long story short I went to kill Persus and then remembered that I'd just lost my kill immunity. So that went well.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 05, 2019, 02:42:35 pm »

notquitethere started as town.  He was recruited.
Town at start of D1: Superdorf, TricMagic, IcyTea31, Persus13, KitRougard, notquitethere. (6)
Scum at start of D1: Nirur Torir, hector13, Maximum Spin, kingawsume, randomgenericusername, Deus Asmoth. (6)

Town at start of D2: Superdorf, TricMagic, Persus13, KitRougard. (4)
Scum at start of D2: hector13, randomgenericusername, Deus Asmoth, notquitethere. (4)

Had kingawsume not flaked, that would have been 4/5 on D2. Not really a situation you'd expect town to be in after successfully lynching and daykilling scum and dodging a nightkill.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43