Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 71408 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins
« Reply #630 on: June 05, 2019, 02:48:14 pm »

Wow, 6 out of 12 players were scum in D1, and would have outnumbered town by D2 if kingawsume hadn't been modkilled. Multiball or not, makes you wonder if town ever even had a chance.
notquitethere started as town.  He was recruited.
Town at start of D1: Superdorf, TricMagic, IcyTea31, Persus13, KitRougard, notquitethere. (6)
Scum at start of D1: Nirur Torir, hector13, Maximum Spin, kingawsume, randomgenericusername, Deus Asmoth. (6)

Town at start of D2: Superdorf, TricMagic, Persus13, KitRougard. (4)
Scum at start of D2: hector13, randomgenericusername, Deus Asmoth, notquitethere. (4)

Had kingawsume not flaked, that would have been 4/5 on D2. Not really a situation you'd expect town to be in after successfully lynching and daykilling scum and dodging a nightkill.
Oh, whoops.  Actually kingawsume was town.  He was just a death miller.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 05, 2019, 02:55:26 pm »

Also Mason with Persus.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 05, 2019, 03:00:38 pm »

Oh, whoops.  Actually kingawsume was town.  He was just a death miller.
Oh right, forgot about that and was just looking at the player list in the OP. Still, 5/4 LYLO on D2 despite both a successful lynch and a dayvig doesn't feel balanced. This argument of course ignores the multiball aspect where town can win even after losing the majority if they can point the scum factions against each other, but that is very difficult to do considering the uninformed nature of town.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 05, 2019, 03:08:00 pm »

If Superdorf had hit Kit with his plutonium, the game might very well have gone differently. 

I suppose it was a bit heavy on the scum side, but I guess I was expecting that would benefit town as the various scum factions would be fighting each other more.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 05, 2019, 03:12:19 pm »

If I had managed to finagle a no lynch and got lucky with my auto kill I might have been able to eke out a win, but I made the mistake I was telling off everyone else for making and assumed that there was one scum left.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:13:56 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 05, 2019, 04:17:50 pm »

Apologies owed to Persus for playing so poorly as town... the excuse is I wasn't actually town by that point.

Thanks goes to my brilliant partner in crime RGU for recruiting me and working ceaselessly towards victory.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 05, 2019, 06:20:50 pm »

Aha! Watching this, I suspected notquitethere was scum from the point that he jumped so hard on the Max Spin-TricMagic kill. That level of confidence and immediate, opportunistic action didn't strike me as something really intended to facilitate good decision-making among the rest of the players but rather leaping on an opportunity that would fade away if thought about too long. The rest of your play was much more townie but that stuck with me.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 05, 2019, 08:08:04 pm »

Actually, NQT was town during the first day, I recruited him on the first night. Surprised we somehow managed to win, despite not killing a single player during the entire game and sticking to getting other players lynched. Probably couldn't have done it without NQT's help, I believe his day game is one of the main reasons we won.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 05, 2019, 08:53:07 pm »

Yeah, daykilling Spin was a good move by NQT, because it meant we basically got to skip D1.

I'm surprised Spin didn't just start the game off by saying something along the lines of "Yeah, I'm a Miller. I would have said that in the first post of the game anyways, so it makes sense Tric inspected me as Mafia."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 05, 2019, 09:01:48 pm »

I'd be surprised if him claiming miller would have made much impact. Barring something really scummy from another player I'd imagine he'd still have been lynched or killed.

What did disappoint me a bit was that I didn't ask him to use his daykill on me at the beginning, even if it only wound up making a difference for one day essentially.

Also I guess I should have asked Shakerag to clarify where the generic kill might have come from, but I'd been assuming there was a second scum team all game anyway.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 06, 2019, 05:43:53 am »

Shooting an outed scum player is an objectively good move on D1, I'm happy to defend that as a town play. Quite aside from anything else, it robs them of their night action.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 06, 2019, 08:31:37 am »

Also I guess I should have asked Shakerag to clarify where the generic kill might have come from, but I'd been assuming there was a second scum team all game anyway.
Yeah, the "generic kill ability" was how I handled the Evil Mastermind role.  It was like … NQT didn't exactly get a new named ability, but he did have one more action he could take, so …

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 06, 2019, 02:53:13 pm »

Shooting an outed scum player is an objectively good move on D1, I'm happy to defend that as a town play. Quite aside from anything else, it robs them of their night action.
Oops, guess I was mistaken. I think I kind of brushed aside the claim that you'd done the kill for some reason. Thought it was something else. guess i should work on my scumreading lmao

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 07, 2019, 09:14:03 pm »

Yeah, daykilling Spin was a good move by NQT, because it meant we basically got to skip D1.

I'm surprised Spin didn't just start the game off by saying something along the lines of "Yeah, I'm a Miller. I would have said that in the first post of the game anyways, so it makes sense Tric inspected me as Mafia."
Claiming miller never really helps for the reason Deus Asmoth just said, so I generally prefer to try to confuse people enough (by angrily claiming a frame job) to, if not ultimately avoid the lynch, at least leave town worse off than I found it. Sometimes it actually works to get people to reconsider, though not these past two times, heh.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]