Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 64798 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 3: In hope for Victory(6/10)+1
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2019, 09:20:40 pm »

I have no idea.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 20, 2019, 01:00:04 am »

So you've developed a reliable method - of destroying the level of activity in the game?
Not reliable. Plays like it are always risky and unpredictable in their effects. And the goal wasn't to destroy activity; It'd have been too late for that at that point.

The only reason this kind of shit works is because people don't anticipate someone would actually do it. At an point in the future someone who's seen this post can just say 'oh IcyTea is being a cunt again he must be scum'.
You're going to assume that whenever I appear anything less than coldly logical in Mafia, it's a scum gambit. Good luck convincing others to lynch me over that. And don't forget about the implied corollary to your tell: "oh IcyTea is not being a cunt again they must be town"

You did this shit on purpose, for real?
You do remember that pregame chat we had?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #407 on: April 20, 2019, 03:07:09 pm »

In case it was missed.

Dolores.

I was taunting you into voting for me. Now I think of it though, if Mafia had the game would have ended sooner I think. At least if it played out to the fullest extent of my described ability.

Quote from: dolores
[trolling after the game was dead]
There was the chance or the chance of deception my vote still counted.

Pulling IcyTea out of a hat like a rabbit was a nice touch. But had it been Fallacy(more reasonable than might seem, this game was his last activity, he wasn't distracted by anything else on Bay 12) or even the third party or both. I believe Town would have won still in the end.

Overall, Mafia deserves this win. Both sides had afk. And most Mafia were not strongly suspected for any long period of time, at least not publicly.

Thanks for playing, at least I got some Exp out of this...
This is a small community. Not the Mafia Olympics. Yes there is actually such a thing, apparently. You are in the right size community to experiment with your Setup. A lot of it I liked. Infact had the players been present, and maybe you stepped in to reign things in more when they got out of hand(though I could have sought the moderator for my own personal grievances) I think it would be a fun session for amateur players.

KitRougard's signature was what got my attention, I though it was interesting two of my IG players were working together to get it off the ground, and I wanted to see what it was all about. IG is partially inspired by Yu-Gi-Oh(a little) anyway.

The fact that you think you did nothing wrong when literally every other active player called you out for it says more than I possibly could.
As far as I understand it, I course corrected the feedback I received, and found some I disagreed with. I answered more questions. I became more aggressive(a mistake, obviously). In the end I feel I play like what I am, someone who has played a handful of Mafia, the last one about two years ago. I do not apologize for my lack of skill or experience. Sorry, not sorry.

I've heard enough of dolores, frankly. But if anyone else has coherent and expletive-less points they'd like to make. Hell, I'd love to hear it. The session is over, and I don't have to wonder if there is other layers or doublespeak, ect. And anything you say can be based on my body of play instead of an earlier point.

I would not wish this session on my younger self. But I feel I gained...something having gone through it.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 20, 2019, 04:27:11 pm »

Dolores.

I was taunting you into voting for me.
Let's say dolores voted for you. What then, what was your plan? Also, what's with the bold-red "vote" in the postgame?

Pulling IcyTea out of a hat like a rabbit was a nice touch.
Apparently I'm a sockpuppet. Who'd'a thought?

I believe Town would have won still in the end.
At the point you started talking, it was already mathematically impossible for town to win without a killing role. I don't know if there was one, but neither do you, so your hope was infuriatingly misplaced at the end: too little, too late.

Overall, Mafia deserves this win.
No, it doesn't. Victory by default is barely even a victory.

and maybe you stepped in to reign things in more when they got out of hand
Mafia isn't like other forum games, where the GM can change the rules on a whim (unless it's a bastard game, which this wasn't advertised as). I personally think TricMagic took a way too hands-on approach, for instance giving hints to other players' roles without an ability being used.

The session is over, and I don't have to wonder if there is other layers or doublespeak, ect.
Don't count on it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2019, 04:27:27 pm »

Quote from: quote author=roseheart link=topic=172127.msg7959968#msg7959968 date=1555790829
The session is over, and I don't have to wonder if there is other layers or doublespeak, ect.
Don't count on it.

Oh god. Don't revive me a third time. On Easter!
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]