Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [47.05] Team Dwarftress 2: Australian Justice! (v0.3.3)  (Read 13984 times)

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Team Dwarftress 2: Australian Justice! (v0.3.0)
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 07:45:55 pm »

VERSION 0.3.0 RELEASED!

Sorry for the wait, but here's the latest version of the mod!

I really wasn't entirely sure on how to make the Australians the most balanced thing on the planet, but I tried my best. Any recommendations on how to balance them a bit better would be appreciated!

New Features:
- Australians. With them comes their mining drill and Australium refinery buildings (Will explain them in further detail below).

The Australians are initially quite a bit more restricted in their weapon choices, having only fist based weaponry, hatchets, bows, and sniper rifles. As they grow they will be able to build the Australium Miner to drill for Australium and later the Australium Refinery so they can finally smelt Australium down into bars, as well as forge unique versions of some weapons and the Saxxy.

Physically, Australians are also much stronger and tougher then the normal Dwarf, Elf, Human, Goblin, whatever. Their punches and kicks being devastating, even to the armored soldier or the most trained footman. They also sport a caste called the 'descendant of Saxton Hale' who has even greater stats and will usually be the monarch of the Australian empire.

- Boxing kangaroos as war pets for the Australians.
- A version of English called Australian, kind of bare-bones right but I'll expand it over time. Currently it just replaces a few words with Aussie slang.

Sorry for not including the megabeast like I had planned, but I wanted to release the Aussies a bit early since I am going to be crammed with school work for a while. I'll be sure to do what modding work I can, cheers!  :D

Edit: Whoops! Almost waltzed off without explaining the two buildings! Couldn't let that slide so you go:

Australium Miner
Is the main source of Australium for the Aussies. To create one you will need 10 of any building material and 1 drill head (a unique mining tool for the Aussies).
The Australium Miner has two different modes of drilling, both of which have their own up and downsides:

- Regular Drilling:
Costs 35 water, but only has a 60 percent chance of granting you 4 boulders of raw Australium.

- Deep Drilling:
Costs 80 water and 15 boulders of Coal, but has a 80 percent chance of granting you 6 boulders of raw Australium.

Australium Refinery
A unique forge for the Australians that allows them to create Australium bars and unique weaponry for the Australians.

There are 3 different amounts of Australium bars that they can create at the workshop (1, 5, and 10), here's the cost rate:

One bar: Four raw Australium, three coal.
Five bars: Twenty raw Australium, fifteen coal.
Ten bars: Forty raw Australium, thirty coal.

The unique weapons they can forge include the Saxxy and Australium versions of the frying pan, eyelander, skullcutter, sniper rifle, and the huntsman (I know it doesn't exist but I wanted to make an upgraded version of the Huntsman just for them, you know?).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 08:00:14 pm by BluealienDio »
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 08:02:56 pm »

Had to re-upload the mod because I accidentally misspelled eyelander in the Australium eyelander reaction.  :P
My Mods:

Sinny

• Escaped Lunatic
  • A mess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 11:31:41 pm »

Sinny here with another idea, actually multiple

Yetis! Perfect for slaughtering mercenaries and to be hunted to extinction by Australians.

Spy-crabs and Bird-scouts,

Hippies, after all both Soldier and Saxton Hale, disdain these conscientious objectors

And lastly, because it's soon Smissmass: Old Nick! I am not sure how he would work, but lore-wise he snatches children and forces them to work for him. So maybe some baby-snatching would be going on with him.

Also, thank you for including my first idea, I really appreciate it  :D

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 12:07:28 pm »

Oi vey, sorry for the lack of activity on my end, I’ve been really busy with school. I’m gonna have a lot work to do to update the mod but it’ll be worth it, I hope!

I’d be up for some Freak animals since they’d be fun to add. The same goes for Yetis and Old Nick, who would be an interesting addition but I’ll probably wait till this years Smissmas since it’s way too late now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:10:59 pm by BluealienDio »
My Mods:

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Team Dwarftress 2: Australian Justice! (v0.3.0)
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 01:41:57 am »

VERSION 0.3.1 RELEASED!

Long time no see my dudes! I'm happy to say that I'll be able to slowly but surely be able to work on the mod again thanks to quarantine, and what better way to kick it off then by updating it to the latest version?

New Features:
- All teams have gotten altars and dies as well as the new Spymaster position (just the Dungeon Master but without the animal managing part and can only be assigned to that team's Spies, the only team that doesn't have it is ZOM).
- Pootis birds: The first of a many neutral animal freaks you'll be able to encounter. They can be tamed and are counted as exotic with a pet value of 500. They don't have their miniguns or a Pootbird caste for now.
- 1 new hat based off of Gyro's hat from Part 7 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- A few small fixes for some of the other freaks. The only ones that are really notable are the following:
  • Magic Mann freaks now have the [POWER] token, allowing them to control civilizations. They also have the [SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER] token.
  • Painis Cupcake freaks have been made a bit stronger thanks to the [NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT] token.

Hope you guys will enjoy this little update as the major stuff is getting worked on, I don't have an ETA for when it'll be released however so be please be patient! In the meantime, if you spot any errors or bugs feel free to message me about them and I'll have them fixed as soon as possible.
My Mods:

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Team Dwarftress 2: Australian Justice! (v0.3.1)
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 08:59:47 am »

I must play this mod! Team Fortress 2 is one of my favorite video games of all time, so seeing it combined with Dwarf Fortress was strange and exciting. I am relearning the vanilla game at the moment so I'll wait for version 0.4.0 before playing Team Dwarftress 2. (Assuming it is the next update.)

Oh, and at some point I would love to see the Ullapool Caber if possible in Dwarf Fortress's engine. It would be a purposely overpowered weapon... at the cost of (most likely) killing the user. Or... in Adventure Mode you could just throw it...

MacarioCR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 12:40:09 pm »

Hello! Just feedbacking here
This is awesome, the mere concept is cool AF.
It would be cooler if you remove the rest of races such as elves, humans, goblins, kobolds, etc, so its just a TF2 world. And in Adventure mode for NPCs to get better weapons or actual weapons, the best i've seen so far is some mercs with a huntsman, but it might be just my luck. No shopkeepers selling them, and no way to spawn/prepare your character with the mod weapons.
Anyways, its great to have your mod around, i'm enjoying it a lot

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2020, 07:38:16 pm »

I greatly expanded the roster of fanciful creatures using popular TF2 Youtubers. Some still active, other not...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I realize the game uses plural for creatures when these are individuals ("a STAR_" for example) but it's the best I could do right now.

Next I'll make some warhound replacements for the Mannbots and ORG.

It would be cooler if you remove the rest of races such as elves, humans, goblins, kobolds, etc, so its just a TF2 world.

This mod is still in early development so it may be awhile before the vanilla races are removed. Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom was a modular mod too before it had enough content to become a full total conversion mod.

Edit: I forgot the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag for Mr. Paladin.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 08:50:33 am by Etc_Guy »

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2020, 08:28:31 am »

Ayy, I’m not dead and quarantine has just got me chilling at the moment but I do want to say that I’m sorry for the silence on my end again. My DF has been acting up due to some things I’ve tried to add, mainly crashes on world gen.

Oh, and at some point I would love to see the Ullapool Caber if possible in Dwarf Fortress's engine. It would be a purposely overpowered weapon... at the cost of (most likely) killing the user. Or... in Adventure Mode you could just throw it...

I would honestly love to add the caber, but currently explosions (or at least in the traditional sense) don’t exist in DF yet so I can’t add it.

It would be cooler if you remove the rest of races such as elves, humans, goblins, kobolds, etc, so its just a TF2 world. And in Adventure mode for NPCs to get better weapons or actual weapons, the best i've seen so far is some mercs with a huntsman, but it might be just my luck. No shopkeepers selling them, and no way to spawn/prepare your character with the mod weapons.

I can probably remove the base game entities in the next update by replacing the default civs raw file with RED or BLU team’s, effectively disabling them from being generated. And I’ll probably have to fiddle around with that, I know the weapons can get generated to spawn but it can be a bit finicky sometimes.

I greatly expanded the roster of fanciful creatures using popular TF2 Youtubers. Some still active, other not...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I realize the game uses plural for creatures when these are individuals ("a STAR_" for example) but it's the best I could do right now.

Next I'll make some warhound replacements for the Mannbots and ORG.
Edit: I forgot the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag for Mr. Paladin.

Ah man, that’s actually pretty sick! I’ll add them in the next update for sure, if you don’t mind that is. And for warhounds I’d probably do a New Vegas like thing with the cyberdogs.

Thank you guys and I’m glad your enjoying the mod as it currently is, I’ll try my best to continue working on it. I’m tempted to make an aimboter/hacker creature for evil biomes, lol.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:05:13 am by BluealienDio »
My Mods:

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2021, 12:42:21 pm »

!!STATUS UPDATE!!

Hello all, sorry for being quite inactive in the past months. I've been relatively busy with school and a lot of my plans for the past year or so got dashed thanks to COVID so I have been scrambling to get everything that I can done. For now, I'm going to hold on any further updates in regards to Team Dwarftress 2 till the next full DF update (whenever that may be), and potentially start working on a mod based off of the Divinity series (emphasis on potentially). I wish you all the best of luck, and stay safe out there!

- Z
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:46:29 pm by BluealienDio »
My Mods:

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Team Dwarftress 2: Australian Justice! (v0.3.2)
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2021, 07:01:34 pm »

VERSION 0.3.2 RELEASED!

No new content for now. Just a simple minor update that fixes some poor wording in the Pyro's description and gives Aussies and Mercs the ability to pet animals.
My Mods:

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Team Dwarftress 2: Australian Justice! (v0.3.2)
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2021, 03:09:32 am »

VERSION 0.3.3 RELEASED!

Another minor update.

- Fixes the missing stepladders token. Dunno what happened there honestly.
- Adds craft and merchant guild symbols to each normal team entity (IE RED or BLU).
- Adds a few more slang words to the Australian vocabulary.

If there are any other issues that need to be touched up feel free to report them!
My Mods:

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Team Dwarftress 2: Australian Justice! (v0.3.3)
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2023, 07:23:53 pm »

Update on the State of the Mod

Hey, everyone! It's been a while, hasn't it? Just posting an update to say that I've finally gotten the Steam version of DF. Might be a while till I release a new version outright, but my plan is to do so eventually, maybe not with sprite art sadly but at least get it into a working state.

Thank you to anyone who's remembered my mod, and might still have interest in it moving forwards!
My Mods:
Pages: 1 [2]