Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire punching bag  (Read 6865 times)

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire punching bag
« on: May 27, 2019, 09:42:59 am »

I was reading in the wiki that vampires feel no pain, are immortal, never tire, etc. A recommended way of killing them was to break their weapon arm and take your time. So I was wondering, has anyone ever tried to make a vampire punching bag by breaking all their limbs and removing all their teeth? It certainly sounds like a safer and more easily found alternative to a bronze colossus punching bag.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire punching bag
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 10:25:39 am »

Ehh, I'd expect the vamp to bleed out eventually. It'd last longer than most stuff, at least, but you might as well just punch a few cows if you care for that sort of thing.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 01:34:42 pm »

Is it breaking bones that causes bleeding? Or is it the teeth removal?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 02:46:44 pm »

Breaking bones usually causing bleeding, yes. All the sharp little bits ad pieces, see?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 02:49:52 pm »

You people aren't thinking !!SCIENTIFICALLY!! enough. If you were to chop off every limb so the vampire could not get away, then slowly subject them to heat to melt off all of their fat, you would have much less of a surface area to cause bleeding on. You could then punch them in the lower body (minimal bones) repeatedly.

The vampire will start vomiting eventually but they'll probably survive.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Starblast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 03:06:56 pm »

If wounds still heal upon using (T)ravel to move offsite and then back on, you can easily keep punching them over and over as long as you'd like

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 04:27:20 pm »

You don't want to fool around with a vampire your size.
They're strong enough to break bones even with a push attack, as I'd learned after breaking one's spine and removing its teeth. It took a lot of tries to do that without accidentally killing them, but I figured I'd have a permanent wrestling dummy if I succeeded.
Then the dummy broke my leg with a lucky strike, I fell down, and it broke something else. I went unconscious, and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 04:30:51 pm by HmH »

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 04:47:57 pm »

the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that.
That's why we play this game.

Starblast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 05:44:45 pm »

Mayhaps a good plan is to beat the vamp senseless, lick its wounds so that you become a night creature, THEN beat the hell out of it for the rest of time?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 06:21:46 pm »

Vampires don't lose consciousness. Ever. And even if they did, you don't skill up from attacking an unconscious creature.

But +1 to hurting the vamp badly enough to draw vampable blood, then using it as a punching bag.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 06:17:46 pm »

An easier/safer punching bag setup is the crocodile variant or alligator.

Out of water, they're around 2/3s slower than your character and have one(?) set of teeth to punch out. Their push attack does no damage as well.

A thing that's universal about punching bags is to avoid targeting any cavity that might collapse and result in death. So no heads, upper/lower body shots.

Could punch a hand/foot/tail/other small body part almost infinitely. Tho for pain feelers, pain numbers may be cumulative.

Kind of a fun little exploit.