Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 23488 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Wolfhound Incorporated
« on: May 27, 2019, 11:26:56 pm »

Old, rundown cars line the tired, pot-hole plagued street outside. Trash dotted the area. Some nestled into corners beside door stoops leading into three and four story brick tenements, some with bars across their windows, some with boards. Some drifted down the cracked sidewalks in the gusty breeze. some was ground into the gutters, clogging the storm drains. Dirty children played in the two lane street while teens and older folk sat sprawled out on their front steps, talking fast and saying nothing.

The door was cracked. The words painted at eye level were faded - once white, now dingy yellow: Wolfhound Incorporated. The latch had been sheered out of the doorframe and hung loosely against the green painted door, clanging against the doorknob as the door swung open or closed. Inside, the floor was a threadbare carpet, blackened at the door by the wear of countless feet crossing the threshhold. THe carpet used to be tan, but most of it was grey or brown with the stains of time. A musty smell of decaying wood, ancient dust, and moldy air conditioning lingered in the strangely claustrophobic room. Several mismatched chairs lined one wood panelled wall, and a single desk faced the door.

Sitting on the desk was a black cat. He was licking his balls. A sign on a small metal stand in front of the desk gave the sparse instructions: Applicants: Fill out form on clipboard and wait to be called. Expectantly, you reached for one of the half dozen clipboards with blank forms attached, and rooted around in the small glass jar for a pen that worked, then sat carefully on one of the unstable chairs next to the wall. The cat ignored you completely.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:06:36 am by Ozarck »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 01:04:59 am »

Name: Gershom Sauermann
Animal Species: Intelligent Raven. (Too smart for his own good, as his numerous relatives will proudly complain to you.)
Job / Class: Hypnotherapy Postgraduate / Mental Wizard
Special Trait:
Voice of Sauermann, a widely-known secret technique that was passed down in the Sauermann line for generations. It was first developed by a legendary wizard of yore who was also too smart for his own good.
If I pick my words carefully and control my tone of voice, I can speak in such a way that anyone hearing me will feel a strong, deep desire to agree without thinking.

Stats
Mind: 4
Strength: 0
Dexterity: 0

Equipment (start with 100 monies)
20 monies: Magic Focus (Mental Magic), a walnut-sized crystal ball fitted to a collar, which shows anything I want it to show and magically attracts the attention of anyone who sees it.
30 monies: Spellbook (Mental Magic). Well, it's more like a monography: an enormous, horribly dry tome on all the spells that were ever known to influence minds. It's a great aid in hypnosis all by itself, since it drives lesser minds into stupor within minutes of trying to read it.
50 monies: Autonomous Helper "Bot". One of the burlier orangutans from my class, enthralled by roughly equal amounts of magic and Voice of Sauermann to worship my obviously superior intelligence and assist me with tasks that I can't be bothered to do.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:29:25 am by HmH »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 01:31:26 am »

Name: June
Animal Species: Intelligent Octopus
Size: Large dog
Job / Class: Wannabe mech pilot
Special Trait: Tech Wiz (June is naturally proficient with technology and can almost always use even tech she's never encountered before.)

Stats
Mind: 2
Dexterity: 2

Equipment
Armored Quadrupedal Lifter (A heavy lifter with four mechanical legs and arms for lifting cargo. Modified with forwards-facing steel plates to protect the driver. June nicked it from her old job as a Warehouse worker.)
Toolkit (A box containing several useful things, both for regular maintenance and assorted mischief.)
Breathing Mask (A rubber and plastic "mask" encompassing the funnel and breathing aperture, linked by a pair of tubes to a water tank strapped under the mantle. The water tank also includes a small machine that aerates the water and a removable filter for waste.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:31:09 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 09:57:23 am »

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:19:39 am by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 10:16:43 am »

Name: Blarg
Animal Species: Anthropomorphic Zebra
Job / Class: Pistolero

Stats
Mind: 1
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 1

Equipment:
Standard firearm: A Mauser C96, an old as dirt ten round semi-auto hand gun, it appears to have been gold plated.
Standard melee weapon: An old dingy golf club, from the looks of it its a nine iron.
standard armor set: A black business suit with a Kevlar vest underneath it.
20 monies
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 10:38:20 am »

Name: Kongor X (Couldn't think of a better name, mostly)
Species: Intelligent Gorilla
Job: Trained warrior
Trait: Very LIMITED magic ability (When in a fight, he can turn his anger into a blast of fire, ice, or electricity that generates from his fists or whatever weapon he's using to use on his foes. The effects happen randomly i.e. he might want to freeze something but instead it might explode)

Stats

Equipment:
Standard melee weapon: a dual ended mace
Standard armor set: The kind of metal plating that would fit a gorilla
50 leftover monies
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:36:08 pm by SuperDino85 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 03:30:56 pm »

Name: Lenora
Animal Species: Intelligent Cardinal ((Cardinalis cardinalis)
size: Slightly smaller than average
Job / Class: Scientist
Special Trait: Double Team. Lenora can move so fast, her image stays in different places resulting in illusory copies. It's the Pokemon move.

Stats (4 points to spend as you see fit. Stats start at 0. 0 is 'average, or maybe a little less')
Mind:2
Strength:
Dexterity:2

Equipment: 100 monies

Go to a store to try and find some tools to help with research.

Try and find someone who needs help with something and offer to help.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 08:28:34 pm »

Name: Gala
Animal Species: Intelligent Galapagos Turtle
size: Big
Job / Class: Tank/Meatshield
Special Trait: Taunt: Force enemies to only attack Gala next turn

Stats (4 points to spend as you see fit. Stats start at 0. 0 is 'average, or maybe a little less')
Mind:1
Strength: 3
Dexterity:

Equipment: standard armor set (40 monies), autonomous helper bot (50 monies), 10 spare monies
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 11:09:06 pm »

Alright, let's look at your sheets, then.

First, a word about sizes: 'big' and 'average' are relative terms. What's big for a bird is small for a horse. If your character is sized like their species is normally, use the species to tell me that [elephant sized, twice the size of a sparrow, half sized for a horse]. If humanoid, let me know if they are human sized or animal sized or somewhere in between.

second: note that i have a discord linked in the description. I think that link is a permanent invite. It's a pretty quiet discord, but a good place to yell at me if I am slow to update. I also hang out in Piecewise' discord a lot, so if you play any of his games, you'll find me there.

third: it will be a great help to me to include your character sheets, or a link to them, in your action posts. IF you put your sheet in the post, put it in a spoiler, please.

finally: I'll try to give the briefing on Friday morning and get started with the action on Saturday. Feel free to do a little role play as you wait. get to know each other. I might put in some RP myself for anyone that needs further instructions on the application process. I work a kind of strange night shift schedule, so my posting times and days might seem a bit weird at times.

Name: Gershom Sauermann
Animal Species: Intelligent Raven. (Too smart for his own good, as his numerous relatives will proudly complain to you.)
Job / Class: Hypnotherapy Postgraduate / Mental Wizard
Special Trait:
Voice of Sauermann, a widely-known secret technique that was passed down in the Sauermann line for generations. It was first developed by a legendary wizard of yore who was also too smart for his own good.
If I pick my words carefully and control my tone of voice, I can speak in such a way that anyone hearing me will feel a strong, deep desire to agree without thinking.

Stats
Mind: 4
Dexterity: 0

20 monies: Magic Focus (Mental Magic), a walnut-sized crystal ball fitted to a collar, which shows anything I want it to show and magically attracts the attention of anyone who sees it.
30 monies: Spellbook (Mental Magic). Well, it's more like a monography: an enormous, horribly dry tome on all the spells that were ever known to influence minds. It's a great aid in hypnosis all by itself, since it drives lesser minds into stupor within minutes of trying to read it.
50 monies: Autonomous Helper "Bot". One of the burlier orangutans from my class, enthralled by roughly equal amounts of magic and Voice of Sauermann to worship my obviously superior intelligence and assist me with tasks that I can't be bothered to do.
This looks good. your special trait is well worded to tell me exactly what it can and can't do, and what you need to do to make it work. add a size descriptor (I added that after you posted), and you'll be great.

the cat hops down off the desk, strolls over, sniffs your wing, then looks across the room to the only other exit - an open doorway leading to a dimly lit hall.
"Conference room." He meows, before sinuously stepping around you to the next applicant.

Name: June
Animal Species: Intelligent Octopus
Size: Large dog
Job / Class: Wannabe mech pilot
Special Trait: Tech Wiz (June is naturally proficient with technology and can almost always use even tech she's never encountered before.)

Stats
Mind: 2
Dexterity: 2

Equipment
Armored Quadrupedal Lifter (A heavy lifter with four mechanical legs and arms for lifting cargo. Modified with forwards-facing steel plates to protect the driver. June nicked it from her old job as a Warehouse worker.)
Toolkit (A box containing several useful things, both for regular maintenance and assorted mischief.)
Breathing Mask (A rubber and plastic "mask" encompassing the funnel and breathing aperture, linked by a pair of tubes to a water tank strapped under the mantle. The water tank also includes a small machine that aerates the water and a removable filter for waste.)
Looks good. size indicator is perfectly descriptive and gives a clear understanding of their character. add a size for the Lifter (standard forklift size is what we discussed, I believe)

"Oh. It's you." The cat says, flicking an ear toward the hallway before moving on.

The cat stops between two candidates, eyeing them each, tail twitching in mild irritation. "You."He growls at the 'cat.'"Why are you here? Why do you want to work here?" before he can answer, the cat turn to the fox, "What kind of enchantment is on that knife?" He asks, standing on his hind legs and pawing at the hilt in unabashed curiousity.

Name: Blarg
Animal Species: Anthropomorphic Zebra
Job / Class: Pistolero

Stats

Equipment:
Standard firearm: A Mauser C96, an old as dirt ten round semi-auto hand gun, it appears to have been gold plated.
Standard melee weapon: An old dingy golf club, from the looks of it its a nine iron.
standard armor set: A black business suit with a Kevlar vest underneath it.
20 monies
that golf club will be too weak to be counted as a basic melee weapon, on account of it likely bending or breaking in combat, unless the handle is reinforced.if he carries 3 or four of them together, that would count. otherwise, deduct half the cost and consider that a makeshift weapon. Also, a Kevlar vest counts as half armor, as it only protects the torso. add a helmet or some lower body and limb protection to make it a full set, or else call it half armor and deduct the cost accordingly.

"Conference room." The cat meows in Blarg's direction, still pawing at the Snow Fox's knife.

Name: Kongor X (Couldn't think of a better name, mostly)
Species: Intelligent Gorilla
Job: Trained warrior
Trait: Very LIMITED magic ability (When in a fight, he can turn his anger into a blast of fire, ice, or electricity that generates from his fists or whatever weapon he's using to use on his foes. The effects happen randomly i.e. he might want to freeze something but instead it might explode)

Stats

Equipment:
Standard melee weapon: a dual ended mace
Standard armor set: The kind of metal plating that would fit a gorilla
50 leftover monies
looks fine. good description of your magic trait.

The cat drops away from the Fox and saunters over to the gorilla, rubbing imperiously against his legs. "Pick me up." He demands authoritatively.

Name: Lenora
Animal Species: Intelligent Cardinal ((Cardinalis cardinalis)
size: Slightly smaller than average
Job / Class: Scientist
Special Trait: Double Team. Lenora can move so fast, her image stays in different places resulting in illusory copies. It's the Pokemon move.

Mind:2
Strength:
Dexterity:2

Equipment: 100 monies

Go to a store to try and find some tools to help with research.

Try and find someone who needs help with something and offer to help.
From his position with the Gorilla, the cat chitters at the Cardinal, ears flicking in interest. "Scientist? Thats wya too broad. What kind of science? Biology? Chemistry? Physics? Metaphysics? Cooking? Bring me food, and come to the conference room. Hurry up, I haven't got all day, and I'm starving. there's nothing to eat around here at all!" He declares this last bit, in spite of the half full plate of turkey sitting on the desk ten feet away.

please bold any actions

Name: Gala
Animal Species: Intelligent Galapagos Turtle
size: Big
Job / Class: Tank/Meatshield
Special Trait: Taunt: Force enemies to only attack Gala next turn

Mind:1
Strength: 3
Dexterity:

Equipment: standard armor set (40 monies), autonomous helper bot (50 monies), 10 spare monies
"If you can get to the conference room before we finish the meeting, you're in."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 11:12:03 pm »

Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:19:26 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 11:21:02 pm »

Name: Mr. Itch
Animal Species: Roach
Size: Intimidating, borderline distressing Girth. (8ft)
Job / Class: Smash.
Special Trait: Extremely Robust:  Immune to petty things like pain, illness, blood loss, decapitation, radiation, fear, doubt, mercy, etc.

Stats
Mind:0
Strength: 4
Dexterity:0

Standard Armor (-40)
Big Ass Metal Club (-10)
Fancy Fitted suit  and fashionable hat (-5?)
45 remaining.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:50:04 pm by piecewise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 11:26:04 pm »

"Yes. It's me."

Crawl over to the briefing room.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 12:31:16 am »

Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
"yer late. get in there before i get cranky."

Name: Mr. Itch
Animal Species: Roach
Size: Intimidating, borderline distressing Girth. (8ft)
Job / Class: Smash.
Special Trait: Extremely Robust:  Immune to petty things like pain, illness, blood loss, decapitation, radiation, fear, doubt, mercy, etc.

Stats
Mind:0
Strength: 4
Dexterity:0

Standard Armor (-40)
Big Ass Metal Club (-10)
Fancy Fitted suit  and fashionable hat (-5?)
45 remaining.
teh cat looks up and up at the roach. his whiskers twitch as his eyes follow the roach's antennae. "Do try not to break the walls and doorframes. There's sugar pakets in teh conference room and a water fountain." (looks fine. costs are balanced now.)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 12:54:24 am »

”Alright. If I’m gonna be putting my fur on the line for you bunch, I’m gonna want to know if you’ll be worth your salt. I did my time in the Arc’. Fought with a lot of good soldiers, lost a few too. When you spend six months in the dark, burried in snow and ice, with nobody but other killers to keep you company, you learn how to tell a good soldier from a bad one. What kind of experience are you bringing to the table?”
Head to the conference room.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 04:09:37 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 01:03:51 am »

"Five tons of metal, a box of spanners, and a minor gift at picking which button to click, at your service. I posit that the crushing steel makes up for a lack of traumatic life experiences?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16