Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 23792 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2019, 08:05:47 pm »

calmly walk to the “left” and away from whatever mess happened. see about trying to find a taxi or something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:07:56 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2019, 01:32:55 am »

Mr. Itch sees to his own injuries before picking up the nearest heavy thing and throwing it through a window.

Because anarchy.

(3) you look at your injuries. Yep, those are injuries, alright. (6) you pick up a small car frame that was part of that pile of junk stretching halfway across the street and chuck it through that shop window. it ends up titled at a jaunty angle, with a lizard mannequin draped over it in a languid pose. An alarm begins to jangle inside.

Try and find my way to a (hopefully empty) building as shelter from the rain
(5) You fly off in a random direction away from sirens and hide in an empty shed. There's not many places in the city that can truly be said to be empty though. But at teh moment you are the only occupant of the shed.

If my battle buddy is still around, keep attacking. Move around a lot to take advantage of the vision obscurity.
Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
(5) v (1) you take advantage of a momentary distraction and land a fatal blow to the guy's neck. warm blood sprays across your face and chest, and the guy goes limp, slumped in a pool of rapidly spreading red.

Huh. That was detailed? I trimmed it to the bone, truth be told. Necessities only. No compoundings, almost no redundant triggers...
...Yeah, hypnotizing someone to do something uncharacteristic of them takes a while in real life. You've got to change the context of some future situation into one where they'd do that action of their own free will.

Well, if you don't mind that level of detail, I'll keep putting details into those actions that have a place for it.
If I don't have instant hypnosis spells, I'll have to make do with social engineering - and social engineering doesn't make sense until you describe its nuts and bolts.

Having verified Bob's survival and general mobility, Gershom swayed away from his air-to-orangutan trajectory, rose higher and took another circle above the battle, looking at the numbers and possible Crab reinforcements.
Maybe it was just his lack of experience, but it didn't look very good at the moment. If he and Bob made a quick escape now, and the slithering time bomb Gershom had set up would take its time before enacting a massacre, the cat would assume they hadn't pulled their weight.
And perhaps - perhaps with so many Crabs around, there was someone who actually knew where the drug stashes were...

Spoiler: Detailed action (click to show/hide)

Short summary of the action, for the sake of TL;DR:
Use the Voice of Sauermann and my magic ball's red, Crabbish light to impersonate a high-ranking Crab.
Bluff those Crabs that are currently converging on the area or actively fighting the Wolfhounds into disengaging from the fight and gathering around the buildings where they store drugs, so I can make a swoop over the territory later and see where those are located.

I don't mind. It's just that,for an RTD, it is indeed pretty detailed. For real life, sure, that's not nearly enough to have the effect you want, probably.
Alright, just a forewarning: you are engaging in an attempt at mass hypnosis under very unfavorable conditions: rain, sirens, and combat have all got people pretty hardwired to do what they are gonna do right now. So, let's roll it and see what you manage to accomplish: (1) you manage to get several bottles and other bits of heavy trash thrown at you, halfway through your second sentence. Dodge roll: (3) you are uninjured, though you take a blow or two to your pride, and at least one to your face. You DO hear the word "Macks" growled a bit by several voices, so at least you got that going for you. Looks like at least the identity of the instigators of this frou frou is out there now.

Sock this guy over the head with one fist and stomp on his tail with one foot-hand while still using him as a shield
(2) v (2) you engage in an awkward dance combat with your captive. It primarily serves to distract you from protecting yourself (1) which nets you a clobbering. a brick sails in from the side and send you reeling. you drop your shield and attempt to regain your balance.

"Damn rain ruining my plans."
Throw the bottles I gathered and whatever else is on the roof at the crabs below.
(3) you chuck some trash and a spool and an old armchair over the side of the roof, causing the crowd to scatter a bit and shout up your way.

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)

...f*** the cops.
/Alright/ he thinks. /I might look like a spellcaster but noone knows who I am thanks to my Minor Illusion so I'm just going to RUN./
Dash into the nearest occupied house that I can enter without force. When asked what the hell I'm doing, explain that I'm a spellcaster from out of town, I just got here, evidently in the middle of a gang war, and I don't have a place to wait this out at the moment.
(5) you scurry along with some of the crowd as they rush for shelter. You get inside some random dwelling before the door gets slammed shut and locked. There are a dozen or more people in here, and clearly only one or tw olive in this small, dirty, cramped hole. The place smells of wet fur, alcohol, cigarrettes, and an overflowing trash container. No one looks twice art you, as they are busy covering windows and peeking through curtains and chattering about what happened.

calmly walk to the “left” and away from whatever mess happened. see about trying to find a taxi or something.
Heading straight toward the sirens, eh? you walk a couple blocks and find a bus stop. an old drunk lemur and a big black horse stand dejectedly under the bus stop's little shelter thing.

Sirens intensify
Cops are getting close, and there's definitely more than one or two cars coming in.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2019, 06:01:30 am »

Spoiler: Lenora (click to show/hide)

Loil around the shed to try and figure out what the owner uses it for

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2019, 08:52:53 am »

Head for cover
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2019, 09:03:54 am »

Mr. Itch considers his situation carefully. Not being arrested was one of the criteria of the mission, if memory serves.  Thus he decides to wander away a bit and try to look more in tune with his surroundings. Perhaps stand on a streetcorner and beatbox. Perhaps gesture emphatically and angrily at a blank brick wall.  Perhaps dance.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2019, 09:40:39 am »

"Okay time to leave before the cops show up."
Get off the roof and leave the area going away from the sirens and try to keep away from the angry crowds by staying in alleys.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2019, 11:51:38 am »

Leave the area before the cops show up, away from the sirens, highfiving any teammates I pass.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:06:18 pm by SuperDino85 »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2019, 12:38:59 am »

Gershom flew out of the crowd's sight, allowed his magic ball to change to the usual transparent colorless state, and circled around the buildings to perch on Bob's shoulder and leaned to his ear, speaking as quietly as the sirens allowed him to.
"Hey, Bob, you all right?"
Bob turned his head to glare Gershom in the eye and pointed at the broken arm.
"Yeah. This went south too quickly, but I've been able to hurt those assholes behind the scenes. Let's get out before the cops get here."

Fly out of the warzone and behind the buildings; when I'm out of the crowd's sight, let my ball return to its mundane colorless self, so I won't be as recognizable as that foul-mouthed raven who attracted the crowd's ire.
As soon as that's done, fly over to Bob and ask him to leave the crime scene. Not directly to our getaway vehicle, just far away that the cops won't look for the fight's instigators there. Make very sure he does not walk along with any of the other Wolfhounds.
While we're going there, hypnotize Bob to give him anaesthesia for his arm, with a few suggestions thrown in that he'll still remember it's broken and treat it as carefully as if it really did hurt.
No need to give him any opportunities for making it worse.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:43:18 am by HmH »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2019, 08:20:06 am »

Blend in with the people here.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2019, 05:06:58 am »

Alright. You people who specifically ran away from the area all get away unscathed.

You people who hid (naturegirl and kit, I believe) - you are stuck wherever you are hiding. A whole squad of cop cars arrives, along with a couple of APCs out of which swarm a squad of this world's equivalent of S.W.A.T. The whole area is cordoned off, with riot police in riot gear blocking off the roads and alleys out from here. Up above, a flock of hawks, falcons, eagles, and the like circle the sky, on the lookout for aerial escapees.

Egan's Forklift is confiscated, placed in lockdown, and guarded. Egan itself has gone missing and will require a set of rolls should he decide to return to the game with that character.

Gershom flew out of the crowd's sight, allowed his magic ball to change to the usual transparent colorless state, and circled around the buildings to perch on Bob's shoulder and leaned to his ear, speaking as quietly as the sirens allowed him to.
"Hey, Bob, you all right?"
Bob turned his head to glare Gershom in the eye and pointed at the broken arm.
"Yeah. This went south too quickly, but I've been able to hurt those assholes behind the scenes. Let's get out before the cops get here."

Fly out of the warzone and behind the buildings; when I'm out of the crowd's sight, let my ball return to its mundane colorless self, so I won't be as recognizable as that foul-mouthed raven who attracted the crowd's ire.
As soon as that's done, fly over to Bob and ask him to leave the crime scene. Not directly to our getaway vehicle, just far away that the cops won't look for the fight's instigators there. Make very sure he does not walk along with any of the other Wolfhounds.
While we're going there, hypnotize Bob to give him anaesthesia for his arm, with a few suggestions thrown in that he'll still remember it's broken and treat it as carefully as if it really did hurt.
No need to give him any opportunities for making it worse.

you, since you have a complex action involving rescuing your partner, I have to roll for.
(3) hmmm. You fly away, tehn circle around. You manage to signal Bob from afar before the hawks close in, but you have to beat a hasty retreat before giving him any info, and certainly before any opportunity for hypnosis. Now I roll for Bob to see if he took the hint in time. (5) he gets out just fine and makes his way to a hospital. he will be unavailable for the next mission, but after that he'll be your guy again.

Spoiler: Lenora (click to show/hide)

Loil around the shed to try and figure out what the owner uses it for
they use it to store stuff in. It's a shed, not a bank or a secret lair or a dive bar or anything.

Blend in with the people here.
with all the cop commotion outside, you are as blended in as you are gonna get.

Mr. Itch considers his situation carefully. Not being arrested was one of the criteria of the mission, if memory serves.  Thus he decides to wander away a bit and try to look more in tune with his surroundings. Perhaps stand on a streetcorner and beatbox. Perhaps gesture emphatically and angrily at a blank brick wall.  Perhaps dance.
I am tempted to give bonus points for the absolute absurdity of this action. Let's roll it: (5) Mr. Itch wanders away and finds a semi crowded street corner to do his 'art' on. He starts spittling and stuttering at a wall, humping the building erotically while waving his antennae at passersby with his fancy hat laid carefully on the sidewalk next to him. THe police cordon happens half a block behind him, leaving him just outside the blockade and in prime rubber-necking territory. He makes 75 Monies with his performance

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2019, 07:12:47 am »

"This whole thing has just gone poorly."
Go buy a new pair of pants and shoes from a thrift store then go back to base.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2019, 12:25:02 pm »

Look around for some kind of trinkets, magical or otherwise, just as a test to see if my brain is damaged at all

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2019, 01:27:26 pm »

This is amazing and I want so badly to playticipate but also I don't have any ideas at the moment so it'll have to wait until later.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2019, 01:37:07 pm »

what kind of stuff is stored here? Search the shed to see what’s around, while staying as quiet as possible, if found, say that I came to the shed to escape the rain

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2019, 01:55:33 pm »

Head back to the office
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16