Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 23788 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 01:07:49 am »

Mr. Itch stands perfectly still for several seconds, except for his antennae which whip slowly back and forth independently of each other. Then he turns and walks out of the room with surprisingly swift and silent steps. Several moments later he appears in the briefing room with a paper cone filled with a mixture of about 60% sugar and 40% water.  He sits down and then proceeds to very carefully and delicately sip at the sugar slurry while staring unblinkingly off into space.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 01:13:43 am »

“Depends on if the steels been in the fire yet. I don’t care about ‘trauma’, but I do care about life experience. I’m not the quickest egg in the clutch, but you seem smart. I like smart in a soldier, but neither smart nor strong are worth a damn if you can’t keep ahold of yourself once the lead hits the ice.”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 01:35:48 am »

Gershom glances at the exit as well, and hops onto his orangutan's shoulder.
"Well, my friend, you heard the feline. To the conference room!"

”Alright. If I’m gonna be putting my fur on the line for you bunch, I’m gonna want to know if you’ll be worth your salt. I did my time in the Arc’. Fought with a lot of good soldiers, lost a few too. When you spend six months in the dark, burried in snow and ice, with nobody but other killers to keep you company, you learn how to tell a good soldier from a bad one. What kind of experience are you bringing to the table?”
Gershom fluffs his feathers and looks the badger over before speaking.
"Trying to put us on the defensive, are you, badger? Smart. Almost makes me forget you were the last of us to arrive." He shakes his head, giving her a few tsks.
"But that is of no essence. Gershom Sauermann, hypnotist and mindbender, at your service. Ever wished you could go past your limits? React faster than the other guy, forget pain and exhaustion, think straight in a fight? With my help, you'll have that - and more."
Gershom taps the orangutan's ear with the end of his wing. "Bob here already does."
Bob shifts his head a little and stares at Rosy with dispassionate, glazed-over eyes.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:37:05 am by HmH »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 01:58:13 am »

“No offense. In my time, the brass never learned to sort a good soldier from a bad one, you learn to figure that shit out yourself. That’s why I didn’t stick around. Every new soldier thinks, given the chance, they could win the war themself. But they learn better, and the ones who don’t die. Heroes don’t win wars. Good soldiers win wars. Good soldiers are how you survive.”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2019, 02:00:49 am »

"Well, I've killed and eaten lots of unintelligent fish and bivalves. Beat up a younger classmate because she insulted the color I wore that day. Three days back a human with an assault rifle broke into the warehouse at night; dropped a steel crate on her. Left nothing but a smear. I was surprised to find that in retrospect this was an enjoyable experience."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2019, 02:33:00 am »

"Wise words. Good thing I'm acutely aware of my inability to win any fights by myself. Except by going for the eyes, of course." Gershom's stomach growled as he said it, and he cursed inwardly. Damn it. I should avoid talking about food before important meetings.

"My focus is on making other people's fights one-sided, setting them up to have a foretold conclusion..."
Gershom thought back to the day he met Bob. The ape wanted to have an edge in a wrestling championship... and an edge he received. With a few small, barely perceptible suggestions thrown in for free. Just an idea that if some task seemed daunting, maybe Gershom would know what to do.
You could never have too many friends.
"...Or avoiding a fight entirely. I won't ask for your real name, but what should I call you?"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:05:29 am by HmH »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2019, 03:39:30 am »

“My name is Rosaline Cobb. I go by Rosy. I don’t care much if you know my name or not. Go looking around, and everything you shouldn’t know about me is probably covered in black ink anyways.”
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:42:13 am by The Lupanian »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 04:07:21 am »

Name: Emmet Dok
Animal Species: Anthropmorphic Tiktaalik roseae
size: Bit large on average. Like maybe child-sized standing up.
Job / Class: Author avatar Unlicensed physician

Stats:
Mind:
Strength:
Dexterity: 4

Equipment:
-10 Standard melee weapon (Surgeon's Scalpel)
-10 Standard melee weapon (Surgeon's Snips)
-10 Standard melee weapon (Surgeon's Cleaver)
? Presentable Suit (erroneously fit for a baby crocodile)
? Lab coat, white, once.
-50 GAiuS, autonomous surgical assistant
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 04:10:47 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 06:00:40 am »

"Hi I'm Blarg and I'm not in the army, but I have killed people for money kind of like a hitman or something, so you can count on me being able to kill whoever it is we need dead."

(I Fixed the things you mentioned.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 07:18:19 am »

go to the conference room
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 09:25:25 am »

”Pick you up? Alright but only because you requested it.”

Pick up the cat and head in the direction of the conference room

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 10:40:55 am »

In an attempt to simplify matters, the "cat" shrugs, looks at the more qualified candidates, and leaves.
"Thought it would be a good idea to get a job in this wasteland - have a purpose." he says over his shoulder as he walks out.

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
The fox snickers. Anyone with half a brain could see that wasn't an actual Anthro. Had to give him credit for the effort, though. He notes the large flux of people heading to the conference room and follows.
"Basic kill counter, someone else's design. I was going through a *bit* of an edgy phase when I shelled out the money for it." He then decides to shunt himself into the conversation around him. "I'm from the wastes more up north, and though I had to knife a few people who got too damn close to my book-" his temper's rising, he seems to have a heavy emotional attachment to his spell book... and some anger issues. "I've been able to scatter any other conflicts with a well aimed Magic Missile or something basic like that. They really don't expect much of someone small and fluffy like me, y'know?"

((I figured that 10 moneys was enough for a kill counter on a knife - I actually accounted for that in setup. Book:30, Focus: 20, Knife:10, Simple Enchant:10, Total:70, Remainder:30. Also added a bit more flavor to my items, at least the Spellbook.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 11:10:15 am by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 04:39:05 pm »

"There is turkey here, I will go get food from a shop. I am a biologist."

Go out to a shop and find and buy food for less than 59 monies, see if there are any tools a biologist might need, and remember them so I can go back later when I have more monies. Head to the conference room with the food and bring it to the cat.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2019, 07:21:24 am »

I put everyone whose action isn't 'go to the conference room' or who otherwise needs a specific response, up top.

Find the briefing underneath the mass of 'go to the conference room' quotes. For future reference, I probably won't quuote everyone who has a standard action like this - it cfan be assumed that if your action is to do the default thing, that thing gets done.

Also, now is a good time for everyone to edit out the default text in their character sheets. I no longer need a dozen sheets telling me that you have 4 stats to spend as you see fit.

"There is turkey here, I will go get food from a shop. I am a biologist."

Go out to a shop and find and buy food for less than 59 monies, see if there are any tools a biologist might need, and remember them so I can go back later when I have more monies. Head to the conference room with the food and bring it to the cat.
You spend one monies on a big bag of "Healthy Choice" dried cat food and one can of "Fancy Choice" canned cat food from the Herbi/Carnivore Store dopwn the street. You also buy some liver for another money, since you're a biologist and you think cats might like liver. It's ... passably fresh. You head back and flit into the conference room, perching on an unoccupied windowsill.

In an attempt to simplify matters, the "cat" shrugs, looks at the more qualified candidates, and leaves.
"Thought it would be a good idea to get a job in this wasteland - have a purpose." he says over his shoulder as he walks out.

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
The fox snickers. Anyone with half a brain could see that wasn't an actual Anthro. Had to give him credit for the effort, though. He notes the large flux of people heading to the conference room and follows.
"Basic kill counter, someone else's design. I was going through a *bit* of an edgy phase when I shelled out the money for it." He then decides to shunt himself into the conversation around him. "I'm from the wastes more up north, and though I had to knife a few people who got too damn close to my book-" his temper's rising, he seems to have a heavy emotional attachment to his spell book... and some anger issues. "I've been able to scatter any other conflicts with a well aimed Magic Missile or something basic like that. They really don't expect much of someone small and fluffy like me, y'know?"

((I figured that 10 moneys was enough for a kill counter on a knife - I actually accounted for that in setup. Book:30, Focus: 20, Knife:10, Simple Enchant:10, Total:70, Remainder:30. Also added a bit more flavor to my items, at least the Spellbook.))
So the enchantment is the kill counter? Okay, that's fine. Costs are fine as well.

Name: Emmet Dok
Animal Species: Anthropmorphic Tiktaalik roseae
size: Bit large on average. Like maybe child-sized standing up.
Job / Class: Author avatar Unlicensed physician

Stats:
Mind:
Strength:
Dexterity: 4

Equipment:
-10 Standard melee weapon (Surgeon's Scalpel)
-10 Standard melee weapon (Surgeon's Snips)
-10 Standard melee weapon (Surgeon's Cleaver)
? Presentable Suit (erroneously fit for a baby crocodile)
? Lab coat, white, once.
-50 GAiuS, autonomous surgical assistant
Is this fella amphibious, aquatic, or terrestrial? If aquatic (as per the base animal), talk to Egan a bit aboput how he is handling living on land. You'll need a simiolar system. Since you have him listed as anthropomorphic, however, I will allow the other two options as well.

"Yes. It's me."

Crawl over to the briefing room.

”Alright. If I’m gonna be putting my fur on the line for you bunch, I’m gonna want to know if you’ll be worth your salt. I did my time in the Arc’. Fought with a lot of good soldiers, lost a few too. When you spend six months in the dark, burried in snow and ice, with nobody but other killers to keep you company, you learn how to tell a good soldier from a bad one. What kind of experience are you bringing to the table?”
Head to the conference room.
Mr. Itch stands perfectly still for several seconds, except for his antennae which whip slowly back and forth independently of each other. Then he turns and walks out of the room with surprisingly swift and silent steps. Several moments later he appears in the briefing room with a paper cone filled with a mixture of about 60% sugar and 40% water.  He sits down and then proceeds to very carefully and delicately sip at the sugar slurry while staring unblinkingly off into space.

Gershom glances at the exit as well, and hops onto his orangutan's shoulder.
"Well, my friend, you heard the feline. To the conference room!"

Gershom fluffs his feathers and looks the badger over before speaking.
"Trying to put us on the defensive, are you, badger? Smart. Almost makes me forget you were the last of us to arrive." He shakes his head, giving her a few tsks.
"But that is of no essence. Gershom Sauermann, hypnotist and mindbender, at your service. Ever wished you could go past your limits? React faster than the other guy, forget pain and exhaustion, think straight in a fight? With my help, you'll have that - and more."
Gershom taps the orangutan's ear with the end of his wing. "Bob here already does."
Bob shifts his head a little and stares at Rosy with dispassionate, glazed-over eyes.

"Hi I'm Blarg and I'm not in the army, but I have killed people for money kind of like a hitman or something, so you can count on me being able to kill whoever it is we need dead."

(I Fixed the things you mentioned.)

go to the conference room

”Pick you up? Alright but only because you requested it.”

Pick up the cat and head in the direction of the conference room

Briefing, being held in the Conference Room
The conference room is a wide, white walled room with a rather low ceiling supported by two lines of concrete pillars. There are several round tables scattered about, each with a few folding chairs arranged around them, along with several handouts scattered in the center, and a small pile of old Bic ballpoint pens - some with their caps, some without, several look rather chewed upon.  The cat speaks up from the crook of the gorilla's arm:

"There are a lot of you today. Must have been another factory closing I didn't hear about. We always get a lot of sad sacks when that happens. Most wash out pretty quickly. The cat jumps down out of hte gorilla's arm and walks under a table, tail erect, still talking.

"Fortunately for you, we have a quite convenient way to filter out the mouse droppings from the tuna and turkey right away. We just got a request in this morning for some" The cat jumps onto a chair, then stops, forefeet together, and retches for a moment, ears back. There is an uncomfortable pause, and hte cat opens his mouth rathr wide and retches again. Nothing comes out.

"False alarm. Anyway, we have a client who is in need of some simple assistance. See in the Fishery Quarter, two of the local gangs have been having a turf war. Probably a result of swelling numbers due to one of those factory closings I mentioned. Any of you affiliated with the Macks or the Crabs? Well, the Macks contracted us to cause a little trouble for the Crabs, who have been ... how did they put it?  'Shoving beaks and bills into our dens, trying to spray their scent over our markings.' So, they want us to make a little noise for them."
Here, the cat jumps after a mote of dust, lands on all four feet simultaneously, licks his shoulder, then runs out of the room in a dash.

A few moments later, the cat strolls back in and continues as if he had never stopped.

"So, you are to go to the neighborhood between Hickory street and Elm, and below Old Trail and above Winding Way, and cause a ruckus. Spray a few gang signs, vandalize some vehicles, break some playground equipment. Beat up any Crabs you see ... no they aren't all crustaceans. They do wear red scarves tied around one limb, though, so you should recognize them easily enough. Try to get killed, captured, or arrested. If the cops come, scramble. DO NOT lead the cops back here. I'll kill you! I'll kill all of you!

Questions?"
The cat asks, pawing at the bag in Lenora's ... I don't know, how did she carry it anyway, her beak?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 08:53:01 am »

“What are our rules of engagement? As in, what kind of lethality are we aiming for, or would be acceptable?”

Rosy looks to the other recruits

“I’ve known my share of gangs. Though the ones I’ve had involvement with were a bit more ‘Militia’. And also a bit more ‘funded by a foreign government’.”

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16