Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Milkable ogresses for goblins  (Read 3115 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Milkable ogresses for goblins
« on: May 28, 2019, 04:48:19 pm »

Why goblins have no milkable creatures? Why not brew kumis? Why not milk sapient creatures?

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
Re: Milkable ogresses for goblins
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 05:26:52 pm »

Why do you have horrible grammar?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 05:36:54 pm »

why do you Care so much...?

I guess milking sapients is quite goblinesque

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 09:33:41 pm »

Pretty gross, but not unfitting. Also forgive me but I don't understand what the "brew kumis" part means.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 03:19:48 am »

Also forgive me but I don't understand what the "brew kumis" part means.
I believe it means "to make fermented dairy product, traditionally made from mare's milk (mildly alcoholic )" ;)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 04:06:49 am »

Why goblins have no milkable creatures? Why not brew kumis? Why not milk sapient creatures?
Because they don't eat or drink.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 05:11:09 am »

Goblins not eat and drink for worldgen. Also trolls do eat and drink.
I believe it means "to make fermented dairy product, traditionally made from mare's milk (mildly alcoholic )" ;)
Yes, alcoholic kumis from ogresses milk. Kumis can be made from all milk, not only mare's.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 05:15:18 am »

Yes, alcoholic kumis from ogresses milk. Kumis can be made from all milk, not only mare's.
But they don't eat.
Or drink.

You can mod in both if you want to change goblins. But then, you can also mod in milkable ogres too. Toady doesn't need to do this, because it makes no sense. Goblins don't eat or drink (or sell cheese).

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 05:27:00 am »

But they don't eat.
Or drink.

You can mod in both if you want to change goblins. But then, you can also mod in milkable ogres too. Toady doesn't need to do this, because it makes no sense. Goblins don't eat or drink (or sell cheese).
Goblins not eat and drink in this versions for worldgen. They will eat and drink later, they even have bonecarn. I want make milkable ogresses. But will they really milkable in fortress mode? Trolls are shearable, but when I made milkable harpies, they was not milked in fortress mode.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 12:24:53 pm »

Goblins still enjoy alcohol that is served to them, they just dont drink out of the nessecity of thirst. Ogre milk is a bit out here but what's good for ogres is probably good for goblins. Ask the resident expert (image related)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 06:21:20 am »

Goblins not eat and drink in this versions for worldgen. They will eat and drink later, they even have bonecarn.

Nope:
Quote from: Neonivek
Toady do you mean Goblins don't need to eat in any future update or that Goblins won't need to eat until you can get it working properly?
In any future update.  I know a few people were dismissive of our decision and called it a cop out, but we thought about these situations (including the Mongols) and rejected them.  Goblins that herd meat animals are insufficiently scary to us.  Goblins that die exclusively violent deaths in great numbers in a potentially vegetationless wasteland are better [...]
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 07:00:16 am »

Of course, post-Mythgen a randomly generated set of non-scary green humanoids who hang out peacefully shearing their trolls and milking their ogresses might exist.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 07:03:30 pm »

But they don't eat.
Or drink.

In my opinion it still makes less sense that they don't eat or drink than if they did, they already do things they don't need to do to survive, there's no reason the two need to be mutually exclusive. You can have goblins eat and drink but still only die by violence, eating and drinking is something all living creatures like to do.  If goblins are to going to feel like a real civilization, as it seems is the point, things like food and farming need to be part of the equation.

Just because they don't have to doesn't mean they shouldn't, they aren't going to die if they don't have craftsmen either, but it makes for boring creatures if they don't do normal things just because they will survive either way.  Also goblins eating make them more scary.. eating sentients, or any disgusting raw meats, or ogre milk, or whatever it would only make them feel more real and alive. I think they should act like vampires, immortal but getting ornery, having mood debuffs, increased stress, etc from not eating or drinking.

Edit: Yeah I saw that part about Toady not being interested in them herding animals, but my central point remains the same. They should have the desire and ability to eat regardless.  It could be as simple as them ripping apart and eating raw anything that wanders too close or consuming their dead beakdogs, trolls, or whatever. Just like they should steal and consume whatever alcohol they get the chance to steal.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:35:39 pm by Pillbo »

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 08:30:46 am »

Imagine living in a world where there exist dozens and dozens of languages, and hundreds of thousands of dialects.  Now imagine a world where people from this world can meet together online and discuss a dwarf simulator game, using a single language to communicate.  Now imagine that same world, where you actually understand this and don't act like a pompous, ignorant jerk to the rest of humanity. 

I for one am all for milking ogres. 

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 03:57:56 pm »

Imagine living in a world where there exist dozens and dozens of languages, and hundreds of thousands of dialects.  Now imagine a world where people from this world can meet together online and discuss a dwarf simulator game, using a single language to communicate.  Now imagine that same world, where you actually understand this and don't act like a pompous, ignorant jerk to the rest of humanity. 

I for one am all for milking ogres.
Biggeth gayeth
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race
Pages: [1] 2