Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beastmod idea  (Read 780 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beastmod idea
« on: May 29, 2019, 11:59:17 am »

In vanilla megabeasts not want breed in worldgen. So I create this idea. Roc, dragon, hydra, ettin, giant, cyclops and minotaur is normal creatures, but with four castes. Additional castes have megabeast token, but born rare. Will this creatures breed in lair?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beastmod idea
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 03:56:36 am »

In vanilla megabeasts not want breed in worldgen. So I create this idea. Roc, dragon, hydra, ettin, giant, cyclops and minotaur is normal creatures, but with four castes. Additional castes have megabeast token, but born rare. Will this creatures breed in lair?

Castes of normal animals can't be megabeasts, megabeasts are also limited by a global cap, which means that if you were to capture two dragons in your fortress and breed them, you would need to kill more megabeasts before you have any significant number of dragons bred because living megabeasts block the maximum number of them.

The cap limit is the initial number of 'beasts' on the create a world settings, and the numbers on the advanced settings, if its set to a very small amount then the cap is small, if there's lots of beasts and they die fast over time there will be a big gap opening up for more beasts. The behaviour of megabeasts is too specific to do what you've described.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 04:38:53 am »

Castes of normal animals can't be megabeasts, megabeasts are also limited by a global cap, which means that if you were to capture two dragons in your fortress and breed them, you would need to kill more megabeasts before you have any significant number of dragons bred because living megabeasts block the maximum number of them.

The cap limit is the initial number of 'beasts' on the create a world settings, and the numbers on the advanced settings, if its set to a very small amount then the cap is small, if there's lots of beasts and they die fast over time there will be a big gap opening up for more beasts. The behaviour of megabeasts is too specific to do what you've described.
What if non-megabeast hydra transform by syndrom into hydra-megabest? This is two different creatures, HYDRA_1 and HYDRA_2.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:13:49 am »

I wouldnt know what to say from that point on then, try it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 09:23:19 am »

In Theory I haven't tried it yet, but I was going to try "curses" so that someone that defiles a temple could be turned into a Megabeast,

Also giving megabeasts a kinda "werebeast" attack that lets them convert victims into more megabeasts, this should allow them to propagate during worldgen

But I've never tested it, just thought about it

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 10:25:20 am »

In Theory I haven't tried it yet, but I was going to try "curses" so that someone that defiles a temple could be turned into a Megabeast,

Also giving megabeasts a kinda "werebeast" attack that lets them convert victims into more megabeasts, this should allow them to propagate during worldgen

But I've never tested it, just thought about it
What if I add cotact syndrome to megabeasts blood? Dragonslayer become a dragon.