Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-standard weapon assignments  (Read 963 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Non-standard weapon assignments
« on: May 29, 2019, 02:14:15 pm »

I know this was possible in past versions-- Holistic got her hands on that backpack somehow, after all-- but is it possible in the current version to assign militia-dwarves objects they wouldn't normally consider weapons, as weapons?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-standard weapon assignments
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 09:45:46 pm »

The DFHack command forceequip should be able to do that. It may be possible in vanilla with a corrupted equipment list, but since that bug causes frequent crashes I wouldn't recommend it.

Jdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 05:19:45 pm »

IIRC, the backpack/greaves/etc thing was the result of a much older version with some fairly heavy modding - a bug, in other words, rather than some functionality which no longer exists (I've been playing since DF2010, and it wasn't an option then). You're able to wield weird things in adventurer mode, but in dorf mode your best bet is what the poster above recommends.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 05:51:27 pm »

I've had dorfs kill cavern critters with weird objects--crowns, figures, toys--but I think that's just because they happened to be holding them at the time.
If they were issued weapons, they would prefer those to the exclusion of anything non-stabby.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.