Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't Save Edits  (Read 13903 times)

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
Can't Save Edits
« on: May 30, 2019, 04:37:13 am »

Trying to save edits gives me this:
To help protect against automated edit spam, please type the two words you see in the box below:

There's no "box" and there's no "two words". What am I missing here? I even tried to edit pages in different browsers to see what new things would load.
I've tried searching for this but just got goofy PHP errors, and I can't ask for help on the wiki itself since I can't edit talk pages.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Can't Save Edits
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 07:00:15 am »

Were you logged in while performing those edits? I got something similar when trying to perform an anonymous edit (along with a big warning box saying that CAPTCHAs were broken), but everything worked fine when logged in.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 07:06:12 pm »

I'm logged in and have made sure my email was confirmed and all that. Still can't make edits. Is some security thing supposed to show up? Because I never see it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 10:19:16 am »

Yes, there's supposed to be a captcha that shows up, but Google killed it off.

It sounds like you have an account on the wiki - what's your username? I can exempt you from the captcha requirement.

(Worth noting that you can't currently confirm emails, since the email service is broken, but that doesn't impact the captcha requirement.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 08:27:19 pm »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 10:04:35 pm »

You should be exempt from captchas now. Let me know if you continue to run into issues.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 10:48:43 pm »

Works perfect now. We are now best friends and I will be horribly clingy forever. This can never be avoided.