Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Age Of Death  (Read 2522 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
The Age Of Death
« on: August 05, 2019, 01:33:04 am »

Max, the meta-goddess of foxes and murder, was bored and angry.

"Why don't I take out my anger on one of those worlds I can create? It's not like the inhabitants are alive. Heh... heh... maybe I can completely wipe out all of their pathetic civilizations..."

She removed the goblin civilizations from the fabric of reality for now, as the goblins are too plentiful and cause temporal distortions around their fortresses, slowing down perceived time.

One island had the elves die out, leaving only a single hamlet of humans. She liked killing humans, so she made a new one.

"This is better."

Max has made fox-people human-sized and playable as outsiders.

She decided to give it her all, making this body extremely strong and skillful.

"Heh."

She wasn't in an overly good mood.

She created her equipment.

And, of course, the most important part of her equipment. "Murdersword the Bloody Painful Murder-Sword of Murder".

"Die, die, die, die, die."

She told everyone her name, so people know of her murderous deeds.

She was rampaging through the hillock, most dwarves inside were bisected or beheaded.

And it was over. She allowed some to escape, to spread the word.

"Another one for today."

She decided to lop off the legs of one of her victims.

Somebody decided to fight back.

"Fighting back against ME?! I AM YOUR FATE. YOU WILL NOT STOP ME!"

After some struggling...

She threw the head of the militia commander at another of her victims, mortally wounding it.

"I'm sated... for now. I will come back here tomorrow, and I will keep coming back until I cleanse this world."

This is just murder with an adamantine two-handed sword and occasionally more exotic items. Don't expect much RP here, the main character is literally a self-insert. Feedback is encouraged.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Age Of Death
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 01:06:24 am »

oh, honestly didn't expect you to post this here, but go for it. I'll be eagerly awaiting the Age of Death
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 01:24:12 am »

Are there any beasts or monsters in this world? It'd be nice to see the Adamantine Reaper go up against them. For a few seconds anyway.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 03:23:24 am »

Are there any beasts or monsters in this world? It'd be nice to see the Adamantine Reaper go up against them. For a few seconds anyway.
At least the Taiga Titan and a few night monsters. Updating later today.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 04:46:51 am »

i'm entirely baffled as to why anyone would think this edgy cringefest would be worth posting.

oh, honestly didn't expect you to post this here, but go for it. I'll be eagerly awaiting the Age of Death
Since you're apparently more familiar with this, mind giving me a quick rundown as to why and how this abortion of a thread came to be? I have a particularly morbid curiosity as to what would drive someone to post this.

P.S. why are so many furries misanthropes? Is it some kind of requirement among furries?
P.P.S. This isn't the first time i wish this forum had a way to reply to a thread without bumping it, this drivel doesn't deserve a bump.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 05:13:22 am »

* Walks some *
A dwarf !!! Attack !!! [A, a, a, a, A, a...], *dwarf dies*, check !

* Walks some more *
An elf ! Kill it !!! [A, a, a, a, A, a...], *the elf dies*, another check !

* house full of [INSERT SAPIENT CREATURE NAME] *
[A, a, a, a, A, a, a, a, A, a, a, a, !!! ] !!!!
Die ! Die ! DIE !!!!

* All the [INSERT SAPIENT CREATURE NAME] are dead. * Many more checks.

* check, check, check *

I expect many more checks to happen.
What's the world pop ?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:16:53 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 06:40:34 am »

Decided to keep doing this even when I am in a good mood. Just for fun. :P

What's the world pop ?
Historical figures: 258, total: 1485. So I have just shy of 1500 civilized creatures to kill.

"I heard socks are good throwing weapons. So I'll take some."

A few more socks later...

"Boring. Time to go back to using my sword."

"No, you will not be escaping from me."

The other victim, however, went in another direction and escaped.

"A bag full of plump helmets. A surprisingly good weapon... though I'll probably keep using my sword."
((I won't be telling about killing any sentient from now on, only noteworthy things. Also, I set "a" as the key to confirm attacking an innocent.))

"One or two hillocks left."

And this marks the first kill of a notable historical figure. Notable before their death, that is, once you kill someone they become a hist fig.

"I think I'm going to kill all the stragglers that ran away. Won't tell about it because it'll be repetitive."

"I think this is the last one in this settlement. I'll cleanse half of another one for today."

"Or I might fight off bogeymen for a change."

"Lotsa jumping around. Oh well, I don't want to damage my tail, that hurts."

"Ow, I'm slightly bleeding. Just a flesh wound..."
((I will not use full-heal here except for hunger and thirst. So if I somehow get mortally injured, this will end. Probably not happening.))

"Precise attacks make this a lot less annoying. Still lots of jumping around that I won't show you because it's repetitive and not very visceral."

"Bookveiled goes next."

I think this is it for today, decided to try a slightly different, less repetitive style. I'll also include some combat tips like "use precise attacks on bogeymen", I guess.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 12:18:32 pm »

Max doing a LP? Neat.

Anyways, PTW.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

WinterTempest

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 02:39:29 pm »

I agree with Strik3r. Thought this was going to be an adventure mode story but it's pretty much a Mary Sue slash-fest where the only goal is killing everything that moves and then narrating that it was easy.

Clearly going to see some interesting character development in this thread.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 03:01:12 pm »

I agree with Strik3r. Thought this was going to be an adventure mode story but it's pretty much a Mary Sue slash-fest where the only goal is killing everything that moves and then narrating that it was easy.

Clearly going to see some interesting character development in this thread.

And half the job was done already by the world generator.
Mercifully, it seems that this thread's as dead as the world the OP aimed to create.
Also, welcome to the forums :D
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

WinterTempest

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 05:39:01 pm »

Thanks! Long time lurker, finally got an account, I've just made small forts on my own and watched them develop and get slaughtered.

I've been considering writing a fort story but all of my fortresses are relatively boring.

I've been following some stories like Archcrystal, Mong Kima, and Losing is Fun and they've really been amazing.

So I've pretty much been lurking the G&S subforum looking over the active stories and ran across this one.

And yeah I don't get this story/writer either.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 02:37:06 am »

Updating tomorrow. Also, I do things other than mindless slaughter in other worlds, might post about that later in another thread.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:39:01 am by MaxTheFox »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 02:41:39 am »

I kind of like this, so I'd like Max to continue.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 07:16:30 am »

I'm gonna PTW to see the world die.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 02:40:07 pm »

It's a bit silly, but seems harmless enough IMO (well, not for the denizens of this world I guess). Curious to see how far Max gets, personally.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.