Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removing caged 'guest's' armour? *solved*  (Read 1281 times)

NikitaTheStag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Removing caged 'guest's' armour? *solved*
« on: May 31, 2019, 01:57:25 am »

I'm having an issue trying to remove the armor and weapons from a few adventurous goblins that wandered into my cage traps before introducing them to my ettin friend. I've tried using the 'dump' command on the caged and reclaiming them, and I've also tried the DFhack 'stripcaged' command. They never seem to dump the stuff though. 'stripcaged list' recognizes that they do in fact still have their armour, but the 'stripcaged all' command says 'dumped 0 items from 0 cages'.

I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong. I have a garbage dump set up nearby. I've tried with them in and out of stockpiles. Given more than enough time for them to grab the gear, but still nothing :(

*edit*
looking in the stocks menu I searched manually through the weapons and armour to see that they did still have the dump tag, but somehow managed to also pickup the forbidden tag. After removing the forbidden tag, they successfully removed the armour and weapons as intended!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 02:11:15 am by NikitaTheStag »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Removing caged 'guest's' armour? *solved*
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 12:51:10 pm »

If I remember correctly I think all invader owned items start out forbidden. So the first step is supposed to be unforbidding them typically.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Removing caged 'guest's' armour? *solved*
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 12:57:55 am »

Yep, you can just claim everything (d-b-c?) in the tile containing the cage, and then dump it all.