Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roleplaying in the Ancient China  (Read 1120 times)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
Roleplaying in the Ancient China
« on: June 02, 2019, 06:38:20 am »

I know, not a game perhaps, but I’ve started recruiting players for a campaign set in the ancient China, or more specifically, the time of the famous Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Player characters will embark on an adventure in the southern part of Liu Bei’s country, fighting barbarians and rebels, uncovering plots, catching spies and generally pacifying the untamed lands so that they may prove useful to the noble Liu Bei and support his struggle for a unified China.

I plan to have a dynamic world, where players’ actions change the landscape of the land, which would still remain realistic with masses of refugees and Liu Bei’s support. Players will make vital decisions on the province’s development and perhaps in the future, they may even be put in charge of it.

Overall, I plan a realistic campaign, with a lot of roleplaying but also quite a bit of fighting - things can sometimes be avoided by diplomacy, but people like the fanatical Yellow Turbans are unlikely to negotiate. Similarly, while mental skills will be useful to uncover spies, they will try to do everything to escape so expect hired bandits and traps along the way.

Should you have any questions, I’m happy to answer them.

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/recruitment-to-sow-a-thousand-pears.847446/

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplaying in the Ancient China
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 06:19:46 pm »

When you say "Liu Bei's country", which are you referring?  He had several, although I assume you are referring to the lands he acquired from Liu Zhang.

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 06:47:37 pm »

When you say "Liu Bei's country", which are you referring?  He had several, although I assume you are referring to the lands he acquired from Liu Zhang.

Yes, I mean the Yi Province which is exactly this territory. The link I provided offers much more info concerning the campaign. You can’t edit posts there so some things are mentioned in my replies.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=15.0

I assumed that this was just for the games played on this forum.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 06:49:53 pm by Ekaton »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 09:52:11 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=15.0

I assumed that this was just for the games played on this forum.
It would be troublesome if play-by-post off-forum game invites becomes a common thing in this section.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation