Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: announcements during worldgen  (Read 998 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
announcements during worldgen
« on: June 01, 2019, 08:54:00 am »

I think it would be cool to see big events in an announcement log while world gen is happening. Such as, when wars start/stop, civ dies, fb or mega dies, site is destroyed, etc.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: announcements during worldgen
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:55:13 am »

I think it would be cool to see big events in an announcement log while world gen is happening. Such as, when wars start/stop, civ dies, fb or mega dies, site is destroyed, etc.

Yes, but only really ones relevant to yourself, other people's wars is what the c screen 'News' is for. Sneak attacks like ambushes don't count, sounds good and would support. Posting to watch.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 11:28:54 am »

Yes, but only really ones relevant to yourself, other people's wars is what the c screen 'News' is for. Sneak attacks like ambushes don't count, sounds good and would support. Posting to watch.
I think they meant initial world gen, before you can start a fort.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 11:42:08 am »

I think so too. I think it would be cool to add

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 01:30:34 pm »

Yeah. I meant during initial world gen while watching sites appear and fall to ruin.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 01:33:36 pm by brolol.404 »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 03:01:31 pm »

I'd find it particularly useful to know if a breeding pair of megabeasts exist. Oftentimes a roc/dragon breeding program is doomed before world gen even starts, and you don't know until after its done. Balance that against the history requirements of getting necromancers and it gets really annoying.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?