Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Spellcraft Arena  (Read 14659 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Spellcraft Arena
« on: June 02, 2019, 01:47:16 am »

The Grand Colloseum of Exothage stands before you, sixteen stories of stone, steel, glass, and carnage. It's the ultimate testing ground for student Spellcrafters recently graduated from the schools of AlphaZed. Massive crowds stream toward the eight primary audience gates. Cordoned of between these massive archways are smaller entrances, for staff, V.I.P.s, and applicants. You wend through the crowds, working your way to the applicant line, Totem held protectively in hand, in pocket, against your chest, or otherwise carefully secured against danger. You, and several dozen other applicants await a turn at one of the several testing chambers just inside the entrance. The test will determine your eligibility to fight in this year's tournaments.

"Place your totem in the slot. You will receive your spell components. You will then proceed to cast spells to affect the targets."

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: explanations (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 02:07:13 am by Ozarck »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Arena
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 01:58:31 am »

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)

Are you deliberately misspelling words? Is that what we're gonna have to resort to once we start using letters?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 05:33:06 am »

Sorcerous Scrabble? Now that's interesting.

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 05:49:51 am »

Spoiler: TMMC (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 08:25:07 am »

Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 01:13:45 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 10:26:30 am »

Spoiler: Fiery (click to show/hide)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

MedievalParadox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 10:28:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 01:56:49 pm by MedievalParadox »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 10:38:39 am »

Aura
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 01:02:37 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 12:54:58 pm »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 12:30:34 am »

The letters you get this round are temporary, for this test only. once you've passed the test, you'll be granted new letter. each letter will be one use, after which it will dissapear from your set. keep track of letters used. you'll gain new letters from various actions or scrolls or other items. taking letters will require an actions, such as picking up a rock and concentrating on the rock. you'll have to think of a word or words associated with the item or action you are getting letters from. For instance, with the rock, think of the words "hard" and "stone" or something like that, and you'll get letters based on that.

Are you deliberately misspelling words? Is that what we're gonna have to resort to once we start using letters?
No, I am just bad at typing. the less misspelled, the better, but misspelled words still have an effect.
On a stool in the middle of the chamber is a bowl. "Fill," a voice orders. 30 of your beads each gain one letter:  zlBVVnsbmPMKSpMsXKMMrROZnDJbif

Sorcerous Scrabble? Now that's interesting.

In the center of the chamber is a puddle of water. "illuminate" is the command you hear. Your letters: jIZRlWLbRBbyFommBPCtpsAKBvCvEc

Spoiler: TMMC (click to show/hide)
Your test chamber is thick with dust, floating in the air and coating the floor and walls, with dust strands in the corners. "Gather" echoes through the room, muffled by the dust.
Letters: mzhNArVuvBkDaHzvAuDWNhhLVNAiNF

Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)
How does this glove store letters?

Spoiler: Fiery (click to show/hide)
your chamber is pitch black. A voice whispers "Find" into your ear. the air does not move at all. each cube is etched with a letter: JwemLERHDGDtfeEjjOGVlbgmJdWUdM

How does the sword store letters?

Aura
In your room, there are three clear orbs hovering. each is a different size: fist sized, head sized, and one three feet in diameter. they float at different heghts spaced randomly around the room. A deep voice states, wit ha matter of fact tone: "Connect" each page of your book has a letter written there: hzhEdkOXWvaCTrwtIpxihAPNVpqvdj

how does a moonshine jug hold letters?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 12:40:08 am »

I spell out the word "PRism", and unleash its power.

((Do we have to specify which letters are used, when there are capitalised and non capitalised ones?))

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 12:56:28 am »

In the center of the chamber is a puddle of water. "illuminate" is the command you hear. Your letters: jIZRlWLbRBbyFommBPCtpsAKBvCvEc
jIZRlWLbRBbyFommBPCtpsAKBvCvEc

Point my hand at the puddle, and visualize it as a small sea, with waves and ships, surrounded by the rocky expanses of the continent around it.
See all those living creatures in the sea? Dolphins and gulls and an occasional seaman? Good.
Now visualize that sea setting on fire.
Let it all burn - simply because I want more light in the room.

FIRE WAlK ovR sy

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:02:15 am by HmH »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 01:08:15 am »

ptw

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 01:13:15 am »

Sorry, I was confused about it, I will change.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 05:31:54 am »

AH, a note: Capital letters are distinct from lowercase letters, so do keep track of that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7