Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Spellcraft Arena  (Read 14844 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Arena
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 05:44:24 am »

hzhEdkOXWvaCTrwtIpxihAPNVpqvdj

Spell hEXakAN and aim it at the 3 ft diameter sphere
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:49:04 am by Naturegirl1999 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 06:56:44 am »

Spoiler: Fiery (click to show/hide)

Words: JwemLERHDGDtfeEjjOGVlbgmJdWUdM

Spell GLOW.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 08:24:21 am »

I changed my totem.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MedievalParadox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 02:06:40 pm »

How does the sword store letters?

It holds the letters by having leonard project them onto his sword. if that's allowed.

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 12:55:03 pm »

I don't really get this, but it's something new to do, so eh. Let's give it a go.

Spoiler: Changeman (click to show/hide)
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 02:25:47 pm »

Has everyone gone yet? (New players will get letters this next turn)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2019, 08:23:28 pm »

I spell out the word "PRism", and unleash its power.

((Do we have to specify which letters are used, when there are capitalised and non capitalised ones?))

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
(6) a head sized glass prism appears in the air above the bowl, then falls. it splits the bowl neatly into two parts, which fall off the stool and clatter to the ground a moment before the prism also falls off the stool and shatters, scattering light throughout the room. You do not immediately receive any further instructions. Nothing else changes. You are still in teh testing room.
In the center of the chamber is a puddle of water. "illuminate" is the command you hear. Your letters: jIZRlWLbRBbyFommBPCtpsAKBvCvEc
jIZRlWLbRBbyFommBPCtpsAKBvCvEc

Point my hand at the puddle, and visualize it as a small sea, with waves and ships, surrounded by the rocky expanses of the continent around it.
See all those living creatures in the sea? Dolphins and gulls and an occasional seaman? Good.
Now visualize that sea setting on fire.
Let it all burn - simply because I want more light in the room.

FIRE WAlK ovR sy

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)
Creative, detailed, and thorough. I know exactly wha you are trying to accomplish from that explanation and your spell is descriptive.
(5) THe puddle glows softly. a mist appears above teh surface, swirling momentarily before resolving into the likeness of ghostly ships arranged on either side of the sea, sailing toward each other in combat formation. tiny wisps hint at more fleeting creatures: gulls and dolphins cresting the water.  The scene plays out in mi8nue detail, and, as the ghost ships collide in cannon fire and the ethereal shouts of imaginary marines, real sparks fly from the muzzles of ghostly cannons and muskets. The center of the battle is obscured by smkoke, before one ship catches fire. The fire grows rapidly, suddenly. and becomesa figure, standing tall over this tiny realm. it's still a small fire to you, buton this ocean, it is a titan. it takes a stride away from you, destroying dozens of vessels, and spawning three titans like itself, which each set off toward the cardinal directions. Ships burn or sink, birds explode in tiny puffs of smoke, the stench of burning sea life trickles into the air, and the 'ocean' boils. your titans reach the edges of their small world and, as they step onto dry land, they drift upward, forming four small globes of warm light, hovering at chest height, casting a soft light throughout the room. A door opens in the far wall, and your cards all go blank - even the ones you didn't use. "Well cast. Enter."

hzhEdkOXWvaCTrwtIpxihAPNVpqvdj

Spell hEXakAN and aim it at the 3 ft diameter sphere

I am unclear what the=intent of this spell is, and unfamiliar with the word. I googled it, and came up with two possibilities - one is 'hexagon' and the other is something about magic, but in a different language. So, the universe considers this spell quite vague. Let's see if it has an effect at all: (6) The spell turns the three foot sphere into a six sided cylinder, and consumes, not only the letters used to cast it, but seven additional letters as well (z d  O  W C P V)

Words: JwemLERHDGDtfeEjjOGVlbgmJdWUdM

Spell GLOW.
(4) You glow, casting enough light to make out the shapes in the room. it seems you are in some sort of storeroom, filled with cloth covered furniture and racks of clothing. A thin layer of dust covers everything. The dust on nearest rack of clothing appears to have been disturbed recently - there are srreaks where the color of the clothing seems to come through - though it is hard to tell what color in this yellowish green light you are emitting.

I changed my totem.
Alright, that's fine. You are placed in a chamber. The floor is curved like a blow, as is the ceiling. Water drips fro the ceiling, in some places it is nearly a steady stream, while in other places, it is much more intermittent. The sound of the water hitting the floor is soothing, almost hypnotic. "Catch" is the instruction you are given.

How does the sword store letters?

It holds the letters by having leonard project them onto his sword. if that's allowed.
using it as a weapon will disturb the letters, possibly losing them, and, if the sword is damaged, it will reduce your capacity to hold letters. You can only cast with it while it is in hand, also. The letters need to be reveals, so unsheathed.

You are placed in a chamber.You are surrounded by trees, which are aflame. "Break"

I don't really get this, but it's something new to do, so eh. Let's give it a go.

Spoiler: Changeman (click to show/hide)
Don't worry, I barely get it either.

Letters: rjHXrIrwlEqsNGJseclnoWywGPcHmT
you are placed in a chamber. it smells of sulfur. the walls are rough, yellowish, and uneven.there is a bluish black vein of smooth material running, snakelike, diagonally across the floor, disappearing around one of the walls. "Repel."

Has everyone gone yet? (New players will get letters this next turn)
I was giving failbird a chance to post, but we're still in trials, so it doesn't matter much. Besides, people will probably fail to post during the game too. I'll try to give enough time for everyone to post, but it happens anyway.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2019, 09:02:26 pm »

hvTrwtIpxihpqvdj

Spell pit and cast it at the smaller sphere so it falls in

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2019, 09:03:22 pm »

zlBVVnsbMKSpMXKMMrOZnDJbf

VnOM pls MDn

"Venom please, maiden?" Nix says unsurely, wondering what in the actual hell would happen.

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2019, 11:50:19 pm »

Hm. "Enter" seems like an overly simple action, so I might as well try to make myself some extra letters, just in case.
Go through the door.
While I'm walking there, watch the swirling steam for a few seconds, to see if I can discern any letters there. Don't watch too long, four or five vowels will do just fine.

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:51:35 am by HmH »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2019, 12:32:57 am »

Forgot to put it here
Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2019, 06:10:06 am »

aVxTzkVKwLPxUxDqSSRXrEAXQagvYf

I cast the spell DUKET, and hope it comes close to a bucket.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 12:27:44 pm »

Words: JwemERHDGDtfeEjjVlbgmJdUdM

Check the rack of clothing with less dust to see if whatever I need to find is there.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2019, 12:55:40 pm »

Sorry, but it turns out I was just less prepared for these mechanics than I thought. Sorry, but I'm dropping out for now. It's not anyones fault I'm just not really 'ready' for the whole 'assemble words from letters' thing.

Jay???

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2019, 03:53:26 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7