Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Spellcraft Arena  (Read 14842 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Arena
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2019, 12:58:26 am »

Scavenger hunt people: You enter in a Group. the area before you looks like a large, multistory jungle terrarium. There is a stairwell criss-crossign the front of it. The stairwell snakes around at least one side of the zone as well. There is one large dark, cavelike opening at the bottom at the end of a long declined slope. Several smaller doors are at the landings of the stairwell. You hear bird and animal sounds inside. It is hot and humid.

Pleaase keep track of your assigned tasks
Scavenger Hunt

Spoiler: Aura (click to show/hide)
Letters: UdyMRSryXwTZhrvEjEXUxZcCJEYYaq
You are tasked to find: a fruit, two clothing accessories, a list, and a crowbar.

Scavenger Hunt

Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)
Letters: FWYZzaSfOCUJKRDxKrUjoIkLbjPfex
you are assigned to find: String, a wallet, a vegetable, a large crystal

Scavenger Hunt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Letters: coZQyOpfvZoqwZqvgXrjuxuqzBtpyV
Find: Ice Cream, a canteen, food preparation tools, a crystal, and a book of recipes

Combat
You enter an arena. The terrain is hilly, with a high point to your left about a hundred yards off. There area several structures littered about the place, including a stonehenge-like thing on the high point. The hills mean you do not see where your opponent enters from. There are some shrubs in a gully to your right, and the rest of the ground is rocky and covered in low to mid height grasses.
Letters: DwRxjxlXCMGdaRppHInCLgHzsHLUZF

Exhibition! After all, pulling wool over people's eyes is my bread and butter.

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)
Letters: VqcxAyltbgbOZwrDCBdEQQARJPcrqa You are set loose to prepare your spell as you see fit. You can enter the various arenas, explore the colleseum for vendors or other points of interest, or go out on the town. You have 5 turns to prepare. Please keep track of that.

Try to find a way out of this room, keeping a steady hand on the venom pitcher.

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
(5) you remember your assigned task was to 'Fill' You look at the broken bowl on the floor, and at the venom in your pitcher. You look at your cupped hand. You think if you fill something with something else, you'll get out. Probably doesn't have to be anything in particular, as long as magic was involved in the process.

This is fine, but you might want to clarify what "The Nonsensical" is.
You get put in a testing chamber. It is triangular - pyramidal even. it is rather small, leaving you stopped slightly and able to touch all the walls. Your command is "Bounce"
Letters: QtsoKOAetOBcnUAkUQQPlgtVNDXzoO

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2019, 01:55:08 am »

Trial by Combat. Stupid me for not reading the entire previous post.

If I can't go to that immediately cause I'm stuck in this room:

Use the letters

rMK

to remake the broken bowl so I can pour the venom into it. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2019, 02:20:42 am »

FWYZzaSfOCUJKRDxKrUjoIkLbjPfex

FLY, try to get a fly to spy around for me

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 06:09:47 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2019, 05:53:40 am »

UdyMRSryXwTZhrvEjEXUxZcCJEYYaq
Spell jUEcEy to cast a spell allowing me to sense juicy fruits by hearing a hum that gets louder as I get closer.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2019, 08:08:20 am »

coZQyOpfvZoqwZqvgXrjuxuqzBtpyV
Cast the spell BOoc and hope it points me towards books.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2019, 11:31:55 am »

Vendors. Hungh! Yeah! What are they good for?
I mean, can I buy letters from them? How exact would that be? Can I buy a letter m, specifically, or will I have to settle for a couple laminary ones? How many letters can I buy in one turn?
What good is entering arenas in terms of preparing a spell?
Also, can I pre-roll spells and store them so I can use those that have worked later on, in a single turn of spectacular wizardry?

The colosseum has to have some books, signs, graffiti in it. Walk around and gather some vowels and laminary consonants from those.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:00:26 am by HmH »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2019, 12:02:16 pm »

Search around for more letters is not like I am in darger right now
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2019, 01:20:35 pm »

QtsoKOA(e)t(OBcnU)AkUQQPlgtVNDXzoO

He was woozy from his sudden relocation. One moment he was in the break room, idly stirring his alphabet soup, the next he was in this room and commanded to bounce.

What.

He had to piece together what the HELL was going on quick. The last thing before HERE was stirring his soup, and the letters in the spoon spelled "portal..." Why was that important?

Oh boy. He was eating magic soup. Well, he better obey the voice, this was cramped. He looked at his bowl and lifted out some letters...

Cast BOUnce on the shoe he took off, then throw it at a wall.
And duck.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:16:45 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2019, 01:23:13 pm »

He was woozy from his sudden relocation. One moment he was in the break room, idly stirring his alphabet soup, the next he was in this room and commanded to bounce.

What.

He had to piece together what the HELL was going on quick. The last thing before HERE was stirring his soup, and the letters in the spoon spelled "portal..." Why was that important?

Oh boy. He was eating magic soup. Well, he better obey the voice, this was cramped. He looked at his bowl and lifted out some letters...

And duck.
You can bold the letters you use too, to make it easier for the GM. Those parentheses might work too

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2019, 05:46:39 am »

Alright, here we go!  6, CobMSdnDEiqgShTvIkrZqYpRTeyYEn

Trial by Combat. Stupid me for not reading the entire previous post.

If I can't go to that immediately cause I'm stuck in this room:

Use the letters

rMK

to remake the broken bowl so I can pour the venom into it. 

(3) you cast your spell. you can tell it's wrong the moment you cast it, but are not sure just how. At first, nothing seems to happen. You sigh, and nearly choke on an absolutely rA(N)K smell. You hear a sizzling as you involuntaily begin to retch, your eyes going automatically to the broken bowl, which is now bubbling and steaming. The room fills with a greenish haze and you drop to your knees. a rectangle of light filters through the haze and a voice calls out: "Get out of there!" You crawl tearfully to the door, leaving behind what's left of your letters and your dignity.

New letters for the battle arena: JKHjkkIeMQbBgvJTrOkQKkriHjdMAr

your arena is a construction site with the skeleton of a building, several construction vehicles, stacks of material and those concrete tube things, and a high privacy fence surrounding it all. You start outside the fence, unable to see inside. There is a gate a couple dozen feet to your right. It is closed and locked.

FWYZzaSfOCUJKRDxKrUjoIkLbjPfex

FLY, try to get a fly to spy around for me

(4) your head is surrounded by buzzing flies. they keep landing on your face. You are not sure how many there are - anywhere from five to twenty.

UdyMRSryXwTZhrvEjEXUxZcCJEYYaq
Spell jUEcEy to cast a spell allowing me to sense juicy fruits by hearing a hum that gets louder as I get closer.

that's a nice spell. I like it. (6) You cast it and ca nhear, very faintly, an 'eeee' sound. Because plants is your specialization, this works pretty well. You can sense several fruit bearing plants. The nearest are  up - third story and along the west side of the building.

coZQyOpfvZoqwZqvgXrjuxuqzBtpyV
Cast the spell BOoc and hope it points me towards books.

(3) You cast the spell. it sort of works, but something is off. You LOoc around, eyes dilating, letting in too much light. The world stands out in vivid color. You can see details really sharp - even to the flecks of dust floating around the branches of the ivy climbing one corner of the building. There are no books within sight, except the scroll Gorge has, the botany book Aura has, and your own totem. This spell won't dissipate immediately, so remind me that you have it active when you are looking for stuff.

Vendors. Hungh! Yeah! What are they good for?
I mean, can I buy letters from them? How exact would that be? Can I buy a letter m, specifically, or will I have to settle for a couple laminary ones? How many letters can I buy in one turn?
What good is entering arenas in terms of preparing a spell?
Also, can I pre-roll spells and store them so I can use those that have worked later on, in a single turn of spectacular wizardry?

The colosseum has to have some books, signs, graffiti in it. Walk around and gather some vowels and laminary consonants from those.

For the future: when you are asking the GM questions, it helps to put a bold word  like ASK: Or Questions: so I know to look at the non-bolded stuff.

you can buy single letters, but it costs, of course. Buying from a category and accepting a random letter in that category usually costs less. Sometimes you can buy items that are slightly magical and absorb letters from those. Or, you can buy mundane stuff that might help you out later. for now, I didn't give you guys any starting coin, so you'll have to be creative. Sorry about that.
going into arenas allows you to tap into the magic being cast there and absorb letters directly from spell effects. it's risky though.
You can pre-cast spells and save them. But if it's an instantaneous spell - the effect will happen immediately. So to store an instant effect will require some kind of storage method.

now, as for the bolded action: (4) you find some graffiti. you spend this turn absorbing a letter from it. Vowel or laminary?

Search around for more letters is not like I am in darger right now
It's not like you're gonna find letters just laying on the ground, yo. Gotta get them from something. What are you trying to absorb letters from? what kind of letters or what specific letter? Also, you are in combat, so 'not in danger' is a bit misleading. Speaking of which: [HIDDEN ROLL]

What.

And duck.

(6) good thing you are ducking. Let's see how that works out for you: (5) Well well well.
You throw the shoe at the wall, for some reason. remember how small this room is? You bang your arm on teh other wall in your wind up, droopping the shoe in the process. Your arm bounces off the wall, throwing you forward. A moments later, the shoe wizzes past your ear. A moment later, your head bounces off the other wall, a knee bounces off the floor, an eblow bounces off a shin. After a few very disorienting moments of tumbling about, bouncing erratically and having your limbs thrown about in painful positions, you find all the bouncing to have stopped suddenly. a cool breeze meets your face. Then the floor meets your face. you don't bounce this time. No, you skid, smearing blood across the floor and your clothes at the same time. You come to a stop, dizzy and aching. Several hands assist you to a sitting position, head bowed forward, hand clamped over your nose, as black spots fill your vision. "Guess I don't need to tell you to come out of the test chamber, eh?"

pick an event and I'll give you your letters.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2019, 07:30:44 am »

ZQypfvZoqwZqvgXrjuxuqztpyV
With the spell BOoc still active I look around to see it there are any letters to absorb near my position, if there are absorb them.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2019, 01:27:31 pm »

Go to the third story on the west side of the building, following the eeee noise

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2019, 06:04:33 pm »

Go towards the stonehenge-like thing
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2019, 12:49:49 am »

Look around this arena, see if there's any keys or anything anywhere.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2019, 05:40:43 pm »

One letter from a 4? Hell. Should have made extra money fleecing gamblers and rigging bets instead. I'd probably be able to buy more than one random letter from that action.

Vowel.
Use a part, not all, of my ill-gained money to rent - rent, not buy - a red leather suit until my Exhibition is over.
Try to convince the trader that since neither of us has any idea how long it will take me to succeed, I should only pay for two turns ahead and give him the rest if I dilly-dally.

I'll need that suit to supplement my spell with the skepticism-sundering power of pop-culture references, the foremost force more potent than the power of adaptive alliteration.
But since this game might not work like that, I guessed it wouldn't be as expensive as something that will definitely give me an edge.

Also, trade qxQQJ for another vowel. That's a free action, right?

current letters: VqcxAyltbgbOZwrDCBdEQQARJPcrqa
turns left: 4

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:45:11 pm by HmH »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7