Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Spellcraft Arena  (Read 14908 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Arena
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2019, 12:43:27 am »

WZzaSfOCUJKRDxKrUjoIkbjPfex

Flies, distract the people around while I try to steal their wallets

Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2019, 08:46:43 am »

ZQypfvZoqwZqvgXrjuxuqztpyV
With the spell BOoc still active I look around to see it there are any letters to absorb near my position, if there are absorb them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
you get letters from things or from actions. Like, let's say you climbed up to the first landing on the stairwell and jumped off over the railing to the ground. You could get a letter from the word "Jump" or from the word "fall" or "hurt."
or, you could go up to the wall, and attempt to absorb a letter from Wall. It takes few minutes to get a letter in most circumstances, but from magical items or actions it happens much quicker, and in combat it can happen quicker too, though I wouldn't advise attempting to absorb a letter from Wall while in combat.

(3) Aside from stealing letters from your fellow spellers, you could get words from the building before you, the vines climbing it, or some things inside. Go pick an item and call it by name, pressing your totem against it. Speaking of stealing from fellow scavengers: a swarm of flies suddenly swamps you. well, not a 'swarm' really, but they are distracting. You feel your wallet being tugged at while you swat flies.

Go to the third story on the west side of the building, following the eeee noise
the eeee gets louder. (3) the door opens on a short hallway that ends in what looks to be an artificial cave - like on a movie set or soemthing. the sounds of livng things increases. you wander to the cave and look out on a narrow path thorugh some tropical looking trees and bushes. a loud CaW from just above and behind you makes you jump and squeak, heart racing. The eeee is further in, off to the right.

Letters: DwRxjxlXCMGdaRppHInCLgHzsHLUZF

Go towards the stonehenge-like thing
(2) you get to the foot of the hill and cannot move forward. It's like something is resisting you, pushing back as you push forward.

Look around this arena, see if there's any keys or anything anywhere.

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
You walk around hte fence and find a broken part through which you step easily. You are behind those large concrete tubes now. You hear a clang up in the building just haead. second or third floor form the sound. There are plywood floors at least on teh second floor, and it looks like there are walkways on the third.

One letter from a 4? Hell. Should have made extra money fleecing gamblers and rigging bets instead. I'd probably be able to buy more than one random letter from that action.

Vowel.
Use a part, not all, of my ill-gained money to rent - rent, not buy - a red leather suit until my Exhibition is over.
Try to convince the trader that since neither of us has any idea how long it will take me to succeed, I should only pay for two turns ahead and give him the rest if I dilly-dally.

I'll need that suit to supplement my spell with the skepticism-sundering power of pop-culture references, the foremost force more potent than the power of adaptive alliteration.
But since this game might not work like that, I guessed it wouldn't be as expensive as something that will definitely give me an edge.

Also, trade qxQQJ for another vowel. That's a free action, right?

current letters: VqcxAyltbgbOZwrDCBdEQQARJPcrqa
turns left: 4

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)
It's not a perfect system. after this set of missions I'll open the floor for discussion of improvements, should any be interested in continuing.
I'm probably gonna extend your time before your exhibition. Let's say you have roughly as long as it's gonna take the others to do what they are doing, so go ahead and put your turn counter at 9 for now. You rent a red suit. Here are your two vowels: yU
Feel free to ask about game mechanics or if certain things have a chance of working or not. You could, for instance "ponder whether alliteration has an effect on audience attention" and I'd say "that sounds reasonable." or ask "do pop references make a difference?" and I'll respond: "if used creatively, probably. but yo might need to remind me that I said so."

Flies, distract the people around while I try to steal their wallets

(6) all your flies go swarm Billy Bob. You go to steal his wallet while he is swatting at flies and jumping around: (3) you get your hand in his pocket and start lifting his wallet before he notices.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2019, 09:14:49 am »

name: Fiery
totem: Bunch of wooden cubes
specialization: Climate
weakness: plants

Change xxzXH for a vowel

Walk backwards towards stonehenge-like thing. While walking in the same place look around to see if I can spot my enemy.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2019, 09:16:58 am »

head to the right

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2019, 09:41:20 am »

Flies, enter his face holes for distractions, I punch billy bob take the wallet and run for it.

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2019, 05:53:10 pm »

Head to the second floor, stay on my guard.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2019, 03:02:20 pm »

I trade ZQZqZ for a vowel.

(I removed all the letters I got rid of in this one.)
ypfvowqvgXrjuxuqztpyV
I then cast the spell pow and punch Gorge for trying to steal my wallet.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2019, 02:19:00 pm »

Go to one of the fighting arenas and steal a few unused letters from the fighters once the duel is over.
(Or fighter, singular, depending on what kind of a duel it is.)

current letters: VcAyltbgbOZwrDCBdEARPcrqayU
turns left: 7

« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 02:21:08 pm by HmH »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2019, 04:38:16 am »

sorry for the long absence. Bit of a rough week what with the holidya and losing internet for a bit and stuff.

Change xxzXH for a vowel

Walk backwards towards stonehenge-like thing. While walking in the same place look around to see if I can spot my enemy.

your vowel is e
(5) walking backward works and you walk right up to the top of the hill. (6 )you spot your opponent by tripping over him. He seems surprised and alarmed.

He casts "KiLl" (6). Your chest goes suddenly very tight, and your arm goes numb. He clutches at his head and rolls over on the ground, moaning. You don't have time to worry about him though - you are dying.

head to the right
(1 )you go to step through some greenery and your clothes get caught on some thorns. Every time you remove one thorn, you seem to get snagged somewhere else. As you are struggling, you bump into a chain link fence that was obscured by the greenery, which is blocking yur way forward.

Flies, enter his face holes for distractions, I punch billy bob take the wallet and run for it.

(6) the flies start crawling in his nose and ears, and in your nose and ears too. (5) you punch him and reach for his wallet. see his turn for the resolution.

I trade ZQZqZ for a vowel.

(I removed all the letters I got rid of in this one.)
ypfvowqvgXrjuxuqztpyV
I then cast the spell pow and punch Gorge for trying to steal my wallet.

your vowel is u
(5) Flies crawl in your ears and nose and you blow heavily tryingto dislodge them . He punches you and reaches for your wallet. (5) you cast pow and hit him square in the chest sending him flying . the flies disperse suddenly. He's laying on the ground a few feet away holding his chest and wheezing.

Head to the second floor, stay on my guard.
second floor is a sort of half terrarium half aquarium area. there are paths between chest high walls with windows in them. the windows show flowing streams and murky pools, and above is the banks of the little rivers. You can actually simply reach into the water, though there are some warning signs by some of the displays showing fish with big sharp teeth. Some of the riverbank greenery is overgrown out int othe pathways and low ceiling-ed rooms. It feels a bit claustrophobic, and smells a bit musty. Nothing suddenly eats you.

Go to one of the fighting arenas and steal a few unused letters from the fighters once the duel is over.
(Or fighter, singular, depending on what kind of a duel it is.)

current letters: VcAyltbgbOZwrDCBdEARPcrqayU
turns left: 7

ooh. a risky action. gonna need to roll for sneaking into an arena, a roll for not getting involved in the fight, and a roll for gettingclose enough to get letters after the fight.
(6)(5)(3) You sneak into an arena just as the climax ofhte battle is happening. several wizards cast spells, sending magial energy everywhere. Someone drops, and another falls unconscious at your feet. You snatch up his totem quickly: it's ... a honeycomb? You squeeze the honeycomb and five golden drops fall onto your own totem, disappearing into it without a trace. You get the letters qzALn. ooh, pretty lucky, if you ask me.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2019, 05:05:58 am »

JKHjkkIeMQbBgvJTrOkQKkriHjdMAr. HeAT the water.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2019, 05:55:54 am »

ypfvqvgXrjuxuqztyVu
I trade vqvXz for another vowel.

I quickly run towards the crumbling building and look around inside.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2019, 07:50:49 am »

Cast fIx on myself and have the flies come back to me, try looking for another mage

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2019, 08:00:52 am »

Letters: DwRjlCMGdaRpInCLgHsHpLUZFe

Cast LIFe in myself and RIp in enemy

Moved a p in letters to have less work while coloring the letters of RIp
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2019, 08:28:23 am »

Spoiler: Aura (click to show/hide)

dMRSryXwTZhrvEXUxZCJYYaq

Cast ShUrT to shorten the thorns so I can get free

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2019, 11:46:51 am »

Hmm. Still not the letters I was looking for.

That was cool! Let's not do that again.
Instead, go to the market and buy a pair of 'e's. Roll to bargain, so I get them as cheaply as possible.

current letters: VcAyltbgbOZwrDCBdEARPcrqayUqzALn
turns left: 6

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 09:10:08 am by HmH »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7