Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Spellcraft Arena  (Read 14665 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Arena
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 12:00:52 am »

Bay12 seems functional, as does my internet. Good time to update.

I am going to allow you guys to exchange five letters for one random letter. You may choose the category of letter that you receive: vowel (a,e,i,o,u,w,y), sibilant (c,f,h,j,s,v,x,z) laminary (l,m,n,r,) or gutteral (b,d,g,k,p,q,t). I'll add this to the OP, probably. Note that these groupings are merely my personal grouping for the game, not official linguistic groupings.

hvTrwtIpxihpqvdj

Spell pit and cast it at the smaller sphere so it falls in
(1) you create a very small pit in the floor under the smallest sphere. the sphere is unaffected.

zlBVVnsbMKSpMXKMMrOZnDJbf

VnOM pls MDn

"Venom please, maiden?" Nix says unsurely, wondering what in the actual hell would happen.

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
(5) -1 for uncertainty. An apparition fades into being in teh middle of the room. long, flowinggarments flutter in an unfelt wind. Her hair shimmers slightly. her eyes are hollow. She smiles, showing sharp teeth and long incisors. She holds out a small pitcher to you, but remains floating in space just above your broken bowl and prism.

Hm. "Enter" seems like an overly simple action, so I might as well try to make myself some extra letters, just in case.
Go through the door.
While I'm walking there, watch the swirling steam for a few seconds, to see if I can discern any letters there. Don't watch too long, four or five vowels will do just fine.

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)
Trying to get letters is a valid action. (2) three letters arrange themselves on cards in your deck: f,p,p. Of course, once you leave the testing room, all your cards blank again anyway, but this was a good test. You arewlecomed by a robed acolyte, sign another form, and are assigned a small locker to keep any valuables in,should you wish, and a sleeping bunk for initiates. Hang out for a turn or two while the others finish their trials. You can explore the colleseum a bit in the meantime or even head out into the city, away from the action, but I don't want to give anyone letters for the arena until everyone is settled.

Forgot to put it here
Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)

here are your letters again: lGhKRtiAZfKoENSFVjgrWVRaMQiJRA. you enter a testing chamber full of piles of feathers and get the order to "break."

aVxTzkVKwLPxUxDqSSRXrEAXQagvYf

I cast the spell DUKET, and hope it comes close to a bucket.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
hmm. intuition roll: (1) no hints then. (4) you are struck hard on the head by a flying metal object, which clangs to the floor not far from where you fall, stunned. You stare int the while and black eyes of a bright yellow, grinning, orange-beaked, cartoonish waterfowl. It's back appears hollow, and it's mouth sports a small, round hole. It's tail looks like a handle. It's mocking you, you are sure of that.

Spoiler: Fiery (click to show/hide)

Words: JwemERHDGDtfeEjjVlbgmJdUdM

Check the rack of clothing with less dust to see if whatever I need to find is there.
(6) you kick up a stormcloud of dust, but whatever it is you are supposed to find isn't in this rack, apparently

Sorry, but it turns out I was just less prepared for these mechanics than I thought. Sorry, but I'm dropping out for now. It's not anyones fault I'm just not really 'ready' for the whole 'assemble words from letters' thing.
I feel ya. I feel the same. laters!

a stone tablet is gonna be awkward and cumbersome to lug around, but if you want, that's fine with me.
Letters: hnYldYAaSMESHCKCphavkbLbbxOMhQ
you are placed in a testing chamber. it is very very long and brightwhite. it's like a corridor, but is perfectly square - as wide as it is tall. You can't see the end. "Displace"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 12:14:41 am »

Take the pitcher, figure out what's around me right now.

[zBVbMKSXKMrZJbf]

I remove the bolded 5 letters in exchange for 1 vowel.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 01:50:22 am »

lGhKRtiAZfKoENSFVjgrWVRaMQiJRA
Cast KRASh, and hope the feathers are what get crashed
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2019, 07:51:11 am »

Cast JUGglE and try to juggle everything in the room.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2019, 08:01:26 am »

hvTrwIxhpqvdj

Cast hIT on one of spheres, attempting to knock it toward a wall, breaking it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2019, 08:42:11 am »

aVxzkVwLPxxqSSRXrAXQagvYf

I'd like to buy trade xxxXX for a vowel.

Grab the DUKET, punch it if I have to and fill it with water.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2019, 10:46:10 am »

Go to the city, meet the people, see the sights, fleece some gamblers. But put special emphasis on fleecing gamblers.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:51:48 am by HmH »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2019, 09:44:50 am »

Check the bottom of the post for what's going on.

Take the pitcher, figure out what's around me right now.

[zBVbMKSXKMrZJbf]

I remove the bolded 5 letters in exchange for 1 vowel.
If i remember correctly, you are in a room with just the broken bowl that was on the pedestal. You take the pitcher. a faint bitter smell comes from within. a small amount of some liquid is inside. It moves torpidly when you move the pitcher. Your vowel is 'O'

lGhKRtiAZfKoENSFVjgrWVRaMQiJRA
Cast KRASh, and hope the feathers are what get crashed
(4) piles of the feathers explode outward, filling the room with swirling fuzz, which coats your clothing as it settles. Your door opens, and you step forward, fill out some applicant stuff and are free to wander for a moment. All your remaining letters fade. You'll get new ones as the tourney starts.

Cast JUGglE and try to juggle everything in the room.
(5) you juggle everything in the room. it's all up in the air. something squeaks, and falls out of the dancing clutter to land at your feet. A white mouse looks up at you, and with an inordinately deep voice declares "You may enter." Another door opens and you leave, leaving behind quite a mess, and all your trial letters.

hvTrwIxhpqvdj

Cast hIT on one of spheres, attempting to knock it toward a wall, breaking it.
(4) you cast hIT on teh sphere. it flattens and wobbles like a ball of water in space, and splatters across the far wall. before running into a puddle on the floor. Yoru door opens and a high female voice calls out "Enter." You step forward, recieve your credentials, and leave behind all your trial letters.

aVxzkVwLPxxqSSRXrAXQagvYf

I'd like to buy trade xxxXX for a vowel.

Grab the DUKET, punch it if I have to and fill it with water.
Your new vowel is 'U'
 you fill your DUKET with water. Your door opens. "enter" someone says, interrupting themselves with a cough. You get your credentials and leave your trial letters behind

Go to the city, meet the people, see the sights, fleece some gamblers. But put special emphasis on fleecing gamblers.
(6) you make a killing on some gabling. enough that a group of uruly gamblers takes issue with it. knives are drawn. you are chased through the city, seeing lots of sights in a very short time. eventually you lose your pursuers, but they know what you look like.

Everyone who posted this round has passed, in one way or another. The rules were intentionally vague on this part just to allow for some creativity and exploration, as well as to test the system.

The Bell tolls, calling the participants to their pre-match rooms. You go to yours and are given three options for your first event.
First is a simple tril by magical combat. You will get your letters and a random enemy will get theirs and you will each try to overcome the otehr in such a way that a victory can be declared. Killing is unnecessary, but not against the rules.
Second is a scavenger hunt. You are to navigate an obstacle course of sorts and return with a set of items or words. THe danger is mostly environmental
Last is an exhibition. You are to prepare a Spectacle for the audience. this one is the least dangerous, except for the user's own magic, but it is also arguably the most challenging, as your spellcrafting must be exemplary to win points here.

post your choices and I will give you your letters.

also, please give feedback on the system. I'm happy to make changes to make it mroe interesting or user friendly or whatever.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2019, 10:13:37 am »

Scavenger Hunt

Spoiler: Aura (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:10:54 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2019, 10:31:01 am »

Scavenger Hunt

Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:57:40 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2019, 10:33:43 am »

Combat
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2019, 11:49:19 am »

Exhibition! After all, pulling wool over people's eyes is my bread and butter.

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2019, 06:24:25 pm »

Try to find a way out of this room, keeping a steady hand on the venom pitcher.

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2019, 07:51:29 am »

Scavenger Hunt
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2019, 11:23:19 am »

Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7