Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Iron Kingdom (SG/RPG)  (Read 4547 times)

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Kingdom (SG/RPG)
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2019, 11:35:11 pm »

"Maybe something in these crates can give clues as to what happened"
"Alright, have fun with the rust joint!"

You pull out your shortsword and buckler, sensing an impending ambush. The air seems a little too tense, a little too quiet. You approach the crates, keeping your eyes peeled for any movement.

Running stealth contest: 12 vs 13
Stella Rolls Vision: [1,4,2] = 7. Margin of Success: 5
? ? ? Rolls Stealth: [4,3,1] = 8. Margin of Success: 5
The quick contest is a tie.

As you approach the crates, you see a small, faint movement behind the crates, as if dust has been kicked up around the area. A strong gust of wind blows through and causes a good deal of sand to peel away and reveal a carpet underneath the sand. Just underneath the carpet, you can see someone hiding out under there, staring at you intently. Realizing his cover is blown, the figure underneath the carpet jumps out, springing like a cork on a bottle of champagne. He stands on top of the crate and pulls out a long, elegant looking rapier. He is dressed in dark, thin clothing that wraps around his body to protect him from the sun. He is wearing a dark mask and obscures most of his face underneath a hood. The man shouts,
"Well well well, look what we have here boys!"

As he says this, three previously innocuous spaces in the sand burst as the carpets fly off. In their place, more dark-hooded figures stand, bows at the ready, taught and aiming directly at you and Ura.
"We got us a couple of oddballs here. Tell me, what's a beautiful young cardinal like yourself doing with such a skeleton? Now, me and my boys here can help you be free of it. Our price... oh... let's just say everything you have and we call it even. The Lizardshole boys are gentlemen, of course!"

Spoiler: Ura's Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2019, 06:11:53 am »

Lets try to talk these guys out of killing us, if that fails we should cast Berserker on one of the guys near the campfire.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2019, 09:30:55 am »

Here's something that should work for intimidation...
"Have you tried binding a spirit to a still-living person, then knocking out the old soul? I believe these men just volunteered for that experiment..."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2019, 10:29:11 am »

"Have you tried binding a spirit to a still-living person, then knocking out the old soul? I believe these men just volunteered for that experiment..."
+1
This serves 2 purposes!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2019, 06:41:05 am »

+1
This serves 2 purposes!
+1 This sounds better than my thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2019, 06:58:23 pm »

Running intimidation contest: 11 vs 10
Stella Rolls Intimidation: [6,3,2] = 11. Margin of Success: 0
Bandit Rolls Will: [3,2,4] = 9. Margin of Success: 1
The bandit wins with a Margin of Victory of 1.

"...yeah I'm not buying it. Boys, what do we say? We buying whatever this broad is saying? Sounds like you just volunteered yourself to being dumped in the river, I think!"

While the bandit was talking, you were quick to work on your harmonica, playing a haunting tune that surrounds the bandit nearest to the campfire with haunting whispers...

Rolled berserker against 8 (-5 due to distance). Result: [5,3,2] = 10. Margin of Failure: 2

However, the spell simply does not have the distance to travel towards the bandit and is drowned out by the rushing waters of the river... (-3 FP)

Ura glances around and stands there, bemused,
"Oooh, guess we're going to have a fight! A shame really, you all seemed like such nice boys."

The bandits across the river seem poised to loose their bows at a second's notice, and by the footwork of the bandit on the crate, it seems he's poised to rush forth to run you through with the rapier. Due to your speed, you have a split second to make a move before they attack.

(Initiative order: Stella, Bandits, Ura)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2019, 07:39:52 pm »

Fly up to dodge the rapier

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2019, 08:40:16 pm »

You float up into the sky as the rapier-armed bandit rushes forward, attempting to stab you. You easily flap your wings above him, taunting him by sticking your tongue out. He swings his rapier willy nilly in an attempt to intimidate you while he shouts some curses.

The bow regiment on the other side of the river loose their arrows, sending two shots flying straight towards Ura, and one straight towards you!

Rolled bow against 12. Result: [4,6,1] = 11. Margin of Success: 1.
Rolled bow against 12. Result: [1,4,1] = 6. Margin of Success: 6.
Rolled bow against 12. Result: [3,6,6] = 15. Margin of Failure: 3.

Rolled return missile against 15. Result: [1,5,4] = 10. Margin of Success: 5.
Rolled return missile against 15. Result: [1,2,6] = 9. Margin of Success: 6.

Rolled knockdown check against 10. Result: [4,5,6] = 15. Margin of Failure: 5.

The arrows seem to be on a direct course towards Ura, but just as they seem like they'll hit her, they instead swing right around the body and shoot straight back at the attackers, hitting both in the chest.

The flying copper arrow strikes the bandit in the chest, chipping the bone and tearing apart the muscle through the rope reed fiber shirt, dealing 8 damage!
The bandit has been knocked unconscious.

The flying copper arrow strikes the bandit in the chest, chipping the bone, and tearing apart the heart through the rope reed fiber shirt, dealing 12 damage!
The bandit has been struck down.

Ura continues to just stand there, tapping her foot impatiently and calls out,
"Just let me know if you want some help!"

The other arrow strikes close to you while flying, just barely grazing your wings. The bandit curses and begins to knock another arrow.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2019, 08:46:40 pm »

“Yes, can you help please? Unless this works”

Cast Sleep on the bandits

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2019, 09:02:35 pm »

“Yes, can you help please? Unless this works”

You begin to play a soothing, soft melody that swirls around the bandit leader, who finds it more and more difficult to keep his eyes open... (-4 FP)

Running sleep contest: 13 10
Stella Rolls sleep: [2,4,5] = 11. Margin of Success: 2
The bandit Rolls HT: [6,6,2] = 14. Margin of Failure: 4
Stella wins with a Margin of Victory of 6.

The bandit leader's angry swinging slowly begins to fade, the thrusts and stabs turning into weak flailing, which turn into mutterings, and eventually the bandit falls on the ground, snoring peacefully. When the last remaining bowman sees this, he turns and runs away, heading off towards the horizon. The dust eventually clears on the battlefield, and you're left with one unharmed unconscious bandit, one bandit that is bleeding out quickly, and one very dead one. You can faintly see Whisperwalls in the distance, and the journey forth would not take much longer.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2019, 05:15:03 am »

Alright, let’s go”

Head to Whisperwalls

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2019, 07:00:42 am »

Before we go we should loot the dead guys stuff especially his bow and take whatever the dying guy has, and take the leaders sword.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2019, 08:10:13 am »

Before we go we should loot the dead guys stuff especially his bow and take whatever the dying guy has, and take the leaders sword.
+1, also
"And I was serious about the whole 'soul replacement' thing - And this one seems to be perfect for that!" Point at the just normally unconscious one.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2019, 11:15:41 pm »

Unfortunately, due to time constraints with my work, I'll be unable to continue this while also maintaining a sane sleeping schedule. A bit of a bummer, but that's how these things go. I hope you all had fun while it lasted.

I wasn't able to do everything I wanted to do with this game, but I feel like a more narrative approach would have better suited the style that play-by-post games go by.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2019, 05:20:25 am »

Unfortunately, due to time constraints with my work, I'll be unable to continue this while also maintaining a sane sleeping schedule. A bit of a bummer, but that's how these things go. I hope you all had fun while it lasted.

I wasn't able to do everything I wanted to do with this game, but I feel like a more narrative approach would have better suited the style that play-by-post games go by.
I had fun with this. Thank you
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6