Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 69025 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2019, 09:56:54 pm »

All right. Removed the planks - I was using them when I was first moving animals into the pens - didn't think that the villagers would walk into them.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 29, 2019, 01:07:52 am »

I led two villagers to a bunker I created at Brightplains Ranch. Despite giving them ample beds and food, they show no desire to breed. I even traded with the farmer enough to level him up.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 29, 2019, 01:15:17 pm »

I seem to have found a good bit more success than you have.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The two adults are Alex and Sam.

The four kids are, from left to right, John, Laura, Marlene, and Issac.

Not sure when to force move them to Brightplain Ranch proper, but I suppose I don't need to worry about that right now.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to build up the new lodge (You know, the big L-shaped building?) so that I can move my main base of operations there. (The noise from the animal pen is particularly... grating, especially with the resource pack I'm using (Last Days, in case you're interested).

EDIT: The main lodge is (mostly) finished for now. I'll probably make more floors later so that I can craft things without the fear of villagers pushing me out of the way. Either that or expand the ranch with some proper farms that aren't just plants placed beside a pond.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 02:59:17 pm by AzyWng »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2019, 12:26:30 am »

Server seems to be down. Anybody get Araph's email?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2019, 02:41:39 pm »

That would be me. Just sent him an email.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2019, 03:14:06 pm »

October 1st...  :o

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2019, 10:40:39 am »

Server is back up! Thanks Th4DwArfY1 for sending me an email. The cause of the recurring downtime is that the hosting provider seems to hate autopay even though I thought I had it set up correctly. Since that doesn't seem to work, I'm gonna just dump some money into the account for the next few months.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2019, 04:04:10 am »

I tried to deliver some villagers to Moria with no success. The first two took off running in the opposite direction as soon as they exited Camp Squidward. I rescued one of them from being stuck on a ledge above magma; the other is missing and presumed dead. The rescued one I got through the nether gate to Moria, but was nowhere to be found on the other side. I presume they got spooked by hostile mobs and ran into one of the lava falls of the forge room. Missing, presumed dead. The third villager didn't quite make it to the nether gate. The night ended and they stopped following the beds, electing to instead wander off and fall into the magma sea, confirmed dead.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2019, 04:55:14 am »

Oh wow. Thank you for trying. It's bad luck that I was working on the redstone circuitry, otherwise the lava falls would have been off and the lights on...
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2019, 11:22:45 am »

At least I see that disabled structures are creating a lot of "emergent gameplay". I'd like to play again on the server to colonize the northern parts of the map, but I have a few real life problems right now... Maybe when I have them sorted out, I'll make my planned big mansion in the north.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 11:24:57 am by ivanovic »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 05, 2019, 01:33:58 pm »

I tried again to deliver villagers to Moria. After I pushed a villager off a bed into the nether portal, they were nowhere to be found on the other side. Maybe they disappear if they're in the sleep state when they use a portal.

I tried to get the second villager through the portal standing, but he started to run off. I tried to place a bed down to lure them back, but the bed didn't seem to place. I tried to place it again and was met with an explosion, shattering the portal and dropping me down into the magma sea.

I'm logged off with two hearts left in the magma. My enchanted armor will allow me to survive for maybe 10 more seconds. I need someone to drop down some gravel from the broken bridge so I can have a small island to jump up on and heal before I lose all my equipment.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2019, 02:14:23 pm »

Oh, that's harsh. I'll do that, certainly. I'll post here when done.

Also, does anyone here make mines with redstone trails to show the way?

Edit: Also - what was the explosion? 0_o
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2019, 02:25:29 pm »

Edit: Also - what was the explosion? 0_o
Using a bed in the nether.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2019, 04:36:21 pm »

Is that a bug or something? Also, apologies for length of time. RL came up just as I was doing it.

I made a small gravel island and built a path to it, leaving a gap between path and island in case you arrived in it. I also built a small ghast shelter just in case, because you're very exposed there while healing. One got me while I was making the path - when I respawned, I got a bow and killed it but more could be lurking...

Anyway! Best of luck.

Oh, also, there was a villager wandering about near the entrance to the railway. I put him in a dirt box - I'm guessing he's yours.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2019, 07:03:58 pm »

Beds exploding in the nether has been a feature for awhile.  You can place them, just don't use them.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33