Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 69000 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #375 on: May 18, 2020, 04:04:09 am »

I feel like Moria is a good idea for a group project. It's too much for me to ever finish by myself, and it IS suitable dwarfy.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 18, 2020, 05:00:45 am »

Server is back up. Running 20w15a with structures confirmed as working. (No more issues with cartographer villagers!)

There's a weird issue with the right-click animation playing twice, but it seems harmless enough.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 05:13:59 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 18, 2020, 12:55:21 pm »

Who died in Fort Squidward? Saw a bunch of items scattered on the ground. (Including some of Camp Squidward's nether brick, for some reason. ::)) I'll put the equipment in a chest once I finish restoring the backup.

Edit: Looks like the fort's livestock pens got burned down, too. Hope that was an ill-advised attempt at getting cooked meat, rather than griefing. Also hoping that the unreasonable number of gold and diamonds left scattered weren't stolen.
I logged in for a bit and found my maps, diamonds, and my silk touch pickaxe all missing. That's a bit disheartening. I'll try to find that chest and see if I recognize anything.

I'm not on that often, but I'd be in favour of adding mods if anyone had specific suggestions. I liked the tech modpacks years ago, but haven't checked anything in regards to that in ages.

Edit: Yup, some of that stuff is definitely mine. I got my pick back. Not sure how much of the rest is mine so I'm leaving it for now. Sadly it doesn't have the map I had on display, which sucks. THat took a while to fill out.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 01:10:00 pm by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 18, 2020, 08:04:04 pm »

Activator rails eject mobs... oh my gosh... I thought they were just for TNT...

I spent some time today designing a sort of mob storage tank for the Coliseum in a creative world with this whole system with cactus and fences and hoppers and dispensers to remove a mob from a minecart to place the mob inside and send the minecart back out... but I just needed an activator rail...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2020, 01:28:23 pm »

20w15a? How do I get that?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2020, 05:48:36 pm »

20w15a? How do I get that?

Click the "Installations" tab in the Minecraft Launcher, click "+ New", then choose "20w15a" from the "Versions" dropdown menu. Name this installation "New Frontier" or something.

When the server updates to a new version, hover over that installation and click "..." -> "Edit", then change the version to the new one.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 19, 2020, 06:09:43 pm »

Yea, I tried that. It goes up to 1.15.2. Unless 20w15a is another way of writing that?

Ah, never mind. I had to tick 'Snapshots.'
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:14:27 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2020, 09:21:21 pm »

Glad this server is still up, and updated to the new snapshots... I might play again if I get some of the post-quarantine mess in my life sorted out.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 20, 2020, 01:30:02 am »

The Nether Rail to the nether fortress is complete. I set up a blaze farm (using the new shroom lights instead of glowstone):

They spawn along the edges of the room, then you smack their lower bodies until they die.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:33:05 am by Bumber »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 28, 2020, 01:00:58 pm »

A villager in Moria yeeted itself off a waterfall to its death. I've replaced the villager and prevented them from being able to reach the waterfall in the future.

The nether rail now has stations in warped forest, basalt deltas, and crimson forest biomes. There are brewing stands and netherwart in First Hearth and Fort Squidward. The cleric at Fort Squidward buys rotten flesh at 32 per emerald. (Brewing stand is there.)

I've set the gamerule keepInventory to true. Is everyone okay with that? I think I might install a gravestone/death chest mod on the server once 1.16 comes out and the mods are updated.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:06:37 pm by Bumber »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 28, 2020, 01:10:52 pm »

Nice. I had a look for the fort, but couldn't find it.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 28, 2020, 06:42:22 pm »

I've set the gamerule keepInventory to true. Is everyone okay with that?

Hmmm, I'm not playing right now, so my opinion doesn't count, but setting keepInventory to true on a Minecraft server is a bold move and maybe you should make a little survey... 99% of Minecraft servers have keepInventory on false for a good reason; it's one of the hallmarks of the game since its inception and makes death something a bit more relevant... Of course when you spend a lot of time in the Nether and die on lava it's hard to lose all your stuff, so I'm not sure if I would vote against it if I was playing in the Nether on these new snapshots.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:49:39 pm by ivanovic »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 29, 2020, 04:53:40 am »

I'd vote against, personally.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 29, 2020, 10:20:19 am »

I have joined.
I built myself a tiny house in the corner of First Hearth, of spruce and cobble.

I also noticed that a place near the stables labeled "House (Free)" is full of lava. Is this intentional?

About KeepInventory=true, I'd say no.
With such rule, one can use death to return to spawn point or refill their health/belly for free.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 29, 2020, 06:49:54 pm »

I've set it back to false.

I also noticed that a place near the stables labeled "House (Free)" is full of lava. Is this intentional?

Probably the work of the griefer.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33