Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 70182 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #435 on: April 22, 2021, 12:54:44 am »

We will hunt withers and replace them.

I replaced the beacons and emerald blocks in Fort Squidward using commands. Just destroy the old ones once you do.

I forgot a "-" in the coordinates. It is 1560;70;-1037.

I see it. Probably lightning, given the wooden roof.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 22, 2021, 01:04:31 am »

I should also apologise for something I did myself. I at some point I tried to wake up a villager in the Gulag in Nether of Squidward, but instead blew up the bed. I repaired the structure as much knew it, but the villagers are now gone and there might be other things I missed.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 22, 2021, 03:41:15 am »

I should also apologise for something I did myself. I at some point I tried to wake up a villager in the Gulag in Nether of Squidward, but instead blew up the bed. I repaired the structure as much knew it, but the villagers are now gone and there might be other things I missed.

Okay, break the bed to wake nether villagers up in the future.

Still doesn't explain how all the beds were missing. XD
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:43:24 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 22, 2021, 05:33:25 am »

That is indeed strange. I think I replaced the one I blew up, but when I was doing the repairs, the other beds were already gone.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

mocman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 29, 2021, 06:32:43 pm »

The main reason I haven't been on is cause it hasn't been updated to 1.16.5
Thats fine since I can wait to be REALLY DWARFY in the Winter 1.18 update in over 6 months.
Will we reset the world? or we could move spawn to keep all the previous world
Have a wonderful day

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 29, 2021, 06:49:30 pm »

Someone is stealing BEACONS!?!?

I've been swamped with university stuff or I'd be playing more too. But please for the love of all that's holy don't take my beacon. I need that to mine, dammit!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 07, 2021, 06:46:49 am »

Okay, so he didn't steal my beacon. He just hollowed out the pyramid so it looked untampered with  :o

Well, there goes an awful lot of gold and iron ahaha.

Edit: Okay, someone has also made strategic holes in my villager tower, so there's only one left. And there are blocks missing from fences and the like, presumably to allow passage.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 07:00:02 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 07, 2021, 12:56:29 pm »

Since Jony did at some point bring in some villagers, I did question him about this.

He tells me he had nothing to do with a hollowed out iron pyramid, and that he found the villagers wandering at a meadow around 419;64;295. I left a sign there.

I am not completely sure I believe him. And even if I did, all structures around the meadow are clearly player-made, so if they were there, they escaped from someone. He should bring some back there.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 14, 2021, 04:43:09 pm »

Does he also happen to have my enchanting table/bookshelves?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 16, 2021, 05:51:56 am »

Probably not. Why would he even steal those? They are easy to make and I know he has cows.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 18, 2021, 08:14:59 am »

Enchanting tables are made of obsidian and diamond, and bookshelves do take a fair amount of effort to produce.

Plus they went missing around the same time as the Portsmouth (my) beacon was tampered with.

Not laying blame without firm evidence, of course, but it seems possible to me.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 20, 2021, 04:05:47 pm »

Considering all the beds that went missing in Camp Squidward, bookshelves are definitely not out of the question.

Maybe we should install some anti-griefing plugins? It would be good to be able to revert changes, rather than try to fix stuff in creative.

Ancient debris is seriously freakin' rare. It's almost not even worth the effort to get netherite gear. Maybe flying around for bastion chests is a better way to get it?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 04:17:22 pm by Bumber »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 23, 2021, 07:29:31 pm »

So what plugins should I try to install on the server? I'm considering:
Fast Async WorldEdit (FAWE)
WorldGuard
CoreProtect
DeadChest

I was thinking about making a teleporter near spawn that can send people to new chunks after updates. Looks like WorldGuard can help make one that greifers can't rig to kill you on the other side.

Another option is to re-gen the chunks nobody's built / spent much time in, but I'm not sure of a good way to do that.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:37:42 pm by Bumber »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 24, 2021, 01:48:51 am »

DeadChest seems to me like more of a weak version of KeepInventory with timer.

CoreProtect seem to be a tool where you can repair what was broken quickly.

FAWE looks like a world editing tool, which could possibly do what Core Protect does.

World Guard allows admins and players to set up exclusion zones.

World Guard seems the best to me, as it can actually prevent the grief from happening, rather than just allowing it to be undone after it happened.
Of course, I also see some griefing potential with WG. If a player can just set up a zone anywhere, they could go and claim large portions of the map to stop players from building new things.
Or they could claim an area around someone else's zone and box them in. Both could be tracked back to them though, as they would be the owner of the offending zone.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 24, 2021, 06:22:00 pm »

DeadChest seems to me like more of a weak version of KeepInventory with timer.

KeepInventory makes things too easy. DeadChest means you still have to recover your stuff and lose XP. I can disable the timer. Main benefit is that your inventory doesn't explode everywhere when you die.

CoreProtect seem to be a tool where you can repair what was broken quickly.

FAWE looks like a world editing tool, which could possibly do what Core Protect does.

Both seem to be able to rollback griefing. If FAWE can determine who looted a chest, etc., then we don't need CoreProtect. FAWE is a requirement for WorldGuard.

Edit: Looks like FAWE only rolls back world edits.

World Guard allows admins and players to set up exclusion zones.

World Guard seems the best to me, as it can actually prevent the grief from happening, rather than just allowing it to be undone after it happened.
Of course, I also see some griefing potential with WG. If a player can just set up a zone anywhere, they could go and claim large portions of the map to stop players from building new things.
Or they could claim an area around someone else's zone and box them in. Both could be tracked back to them though, as they would be the owner of the offending zone.

I hadn't considered letting players set up WG zones. A lot of the existing stuff was built by players that aren't on anymore. I suppose I could just revert people's claim and modifications if they build on an existing construction, then lock the area from future edits.

The PlotSquared plugin seems more designed for preventing players from claiming huge areas. You need a golden shovel for each claim, I think.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 09:28:50 pm by Bumber »

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33