Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 70178 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #480 on: March 21, 2022, 04:42:24 am »

I did an exploration of the World a while back. This is the result.
Before you open the spoiler, I suggest you zoom out a bit, as the image is large.
Spoiler: Map of the world (click to show/hide)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 23, 2022, 03:08:10 am »

I fucked up with a command block and teleported every loaded entity on the server to First Hearth. CoreProtect can't undo it, and I had to rollback to the last backup (4 days.) Sorry.

Edit: Built a teleporter that will take you to new chunks:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 06:10:07 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 06, 2022, 04:13:01 pm »

Not sure I ever showed Moria's back gate. I had it linked to a daylight sensor, which seemed to work - - - -  until it really didn't. I'm guessing there were too many moving parts and its chunk being loaded/not loaded messed with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 06, 2022, 04:36:24 pm »

For your next project, wherever that might be, you need to rework it with more complexity than just a simple daylight sensor, such that the back door of some other lonely mountain will only make itself possible to open upon the last light of Durin's Day... ;)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 06, 2022, 04:59:15 pm »

Mate, the first gate like this I made was maybe three blocks tall and required a block of grass to determine whether it was day.

By comparison this is overly complex  :D

You are making me wonder whether it's possible to form some sort of calendar and only have the door open one day per year, though.

The problem of the chunk's status (loaded/unloaded) is a factor for that as well, though :/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 05:01:40 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 07, 2022, 06:19:26 am »

The gate of Mamgozgídthůr is also controlled by a daylight sensor. There is a slight issue I found soon after I build it though. While all the redstonics are within one chunk, one layer of the gate is in a neighbouring chunk. This means that if the nearest person is exactly the right distance south of it when it changes state, the gate breaks. (if they are the same distance north, the gate fails to activate in the first place.)

As for calendar, it would be possible with some kind of loading anchor. If you had it, simply hook a daylight sensor to a counter that adds up once every time the daylight sensor is deactivated. Then you set the door to open (and close on a delay) when the counter reaches a certain number, such as 365. The counter is also reset at that time.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 07, 2022, 09:22:59 am »

Hmmm. I'll maybe check just to verify none of it went over into another chunk. I suspect my problem was more two 'consecutive' redstone pulses, though. It was only designed to deal with one every sun rise and set.

Therefore, if the chunk unloaded at sunset and then loaded again during the day, two signals may have been sent.

A large part of the problem is that I like to work out my own redstone solutions, so the design is likely bulky and in places counterintuitive. Frankly, I can no longer remember how it all works  :D

Edit: Also, what's 'the gate of Mamgozgídthůr'?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 07, 2022, 10:46:42 am »

You might want to think about explicitly latching circuits. Been a while since I redstoned stuff (or did anything with MC), but you can make a tight circuit (presumably in a single chunk) that reacts with a more positive-on/positive-off response.

(And/or between source and sink, perhaps two redstone paths, 'logical' and 'logical-NOT', which need to be in opposition to resolve any change.)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 07, 2022, 12:47:55 pm »

Edit: Also, what's 'the gate of Mamgozgídthůr'?
Mĺmgozgídthur is a castle/star fort I built roughly south-east from First Hearth, on the coast. It has a gate that opens at dawn (or when somebody approaches during the day), and closes at dusk.

I just wrote it wrong before.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 07, 2022, 02:39:53 pm »

Found some pointed dripstone. I put a stack in the First Hearth lodge chest for anyone that wants to make a lava generator.

Edit: Built one in the lodge basement near the furnaces.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 09:31:26 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 01, 2022, 03:29:30 am »

Looks like the server is down for good. Last backup was April 23.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12T7IriQypU5g140zcT57HY9UO2BmKOQW/view

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]