Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 69632 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2019, 07:50:17 am »

After sorting out my house and everything, I really feel like there's not much for me to do beyond what I'm already doing.

So yeah, feel free to loot my chests for various materials. I've not got a lot of importance, really, just some metals, lapis/coal/redstone, food, etc. etc., it's unlikely I'll come back unless a lot of mods are added to the server.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2019, 10:30:29 am »

After sorting out my house and everything, I really feel like there's not much for me to do beyond what I'm already doing.

So yeah, feel free to loot my chests for various materials. I've not got a lot of importance, really, just some metals, lapis/coal/redstone, food, etc. etc., it's unlikely I'll come back unless a lot of mods are added to the server.

that kind of suck to hear, your place looks very good for what I have seen.
Well I hope you hope on once is a while.
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

mocman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2019, 05:23:27 am »

Now that there is another bay12 MC server, i'm so glad i did my yearly check in on Bay12
Have a wonderful day

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2019, 05:52:43 am »

Finally got some rabbits to breed at First Hearth and Fort Squidward. Lured them all the way from the desert to the west. Took several hours because I lost three attempts to a wolf, fox, and skeleton. Someone left some melon slices in the First Hearth kitchen, so I turned one into a seed and planted it.

I also did some exploring along the Z axis. Nothing new in the Z- direction, but the Z+ direction had savannas and a badlands. We've got acacia wood and cacti now.

There was also a horse that spawned in the ocean somehow:

A llama, creeper, skeleton, and a witch spawn up on a roof...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:54:34 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2019, 11:58:52 am »

Finally got some rabbits to breed at First Hearth and Fort Squidward. Lured them all the way from the desert to the west. Took several hours because I lost three attempts to a wolf, fox, and skeleton. Someone left some melon slices in the First Hearth kitchen, so I turned one into a seed and planted it.

I also did some exploring along the Z axis. Nothing new in the Z- direction, but the Z+ direction had savannas and a badlands. We've got acacia wood and cacti now.

There was also a horse that spawned in the ocean somehow:

A llama, creeper, skeleton, and a witch spawn up on a roof...

z is up and down horizontially while Y is vertical distance right?

because I probably have already been to the savanna you speak off, used it for dirt gathering and some minor wood gathering, I also have an open pit mine in the desert south of it.

also who ever made Portsmouth, their map is a of a low zoom level, the map I was provided with from a friend is of level 4 zoom and shows both of your maps and more.

also i checked out your enchanting station in new haven, it is absolutely amazing.

in other news

I have build 2 ports to help me find people easier, I am nearing completion of the construction heavy side of my project and slowly transition to the furnishing side of it. I actually have 7 floor which is more then I expected to have so I can have more themed rooms. YEAH!

eventually after I finish my main project and the construction around it, i feel i will be diverting my time and effort toward cartography. probably specifically focusing on level 4 zoom maps. but i can probably do a few lower level zoom maps. Level 0 zooms aren't really worth it I don't think.

I have been spending too much time on this recently but I hope i don't grow bored to quickly. Would love to see more people being active but we all have lives hopefully.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2019, 07:47:46 pm »

Haven't really had any time to build for the last month, may change.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2019, 05:25:14 am »

Z is north/south, specifically. The savanna I found was to the south around Z=1500, across an ocean.

I think I also saw one in the west, near the desert with the cactus base. That one's much closer to First Hearth.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Jejune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2019, 10:42:34 am »

PTW. Currently playing on the server, I've setup a colony down the coast from first hearth, named Portsmouth!
Portsmouth looks really nice. All the buildings are really well made way better than anything I could do. I've been using the small spare house you built for the past few days and just last night built my own nearby (after two creepers exploded on me and I decided that if they were going to do the basement excavation for me, well why not). Do you still play? I've wanted to expand the wall out a bit maybe build some other houses but I don't want to step on your toes.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2019, 01:12:21 pm »

Z is north/south, specifically. The savanna I found was to the south around Z=1500, across an ocean.

I think I also saw one in the west, near the desert with the cactus base. That one's much closer to First Hearth.

Yeah that is probably the one I visited, I think, again, there is sign of my digging for dirt if you go to the right area. and there is a dessert even further south of it

I will be doing more once I finish my project

PTW. Currently playing on the server, I've setup a colony down the coast from first hearth, named Portsmouth!
Portsmouth looks really nice. All the buildings are really well made way better than anything I could do. I've been using the small spare house you built for the past few days and just last night built my own nearby (after two creepers exploded on me and I decided that if they were going to do the basement excavation for me, well why not). Do you still play? I've wanted to expand the wall out a bit maybe build some other houses but I don't want to step on your toes.

Well i don't know who made the bulk of Portsmouth I don't think they would mind if you help make new stuff like your own house, one guy (carn) has been working on Portsmouth but not entirely sure what he has been focusing his efforts on.

Honestly anything you want to do would be okay as long as it doesn't disrupt or directly ruin or obstruct others project. I settled super far away for my project so it wouldn't really disrupt any one else. Mind you due to my horrible envirmentalist management I kind of done a few resource gathering that wasn't very eco friendly

started an open pit mine near my place, then one in the desert south of Heorot

and did a form of strip digging in the land between the desert and Heorot.

As I mention before I will be most likely focusing my effort on cartography after my project is done, effectively working on a maps on all zoome level

I hope to see you around in the game some time! I am also willing to help ship resources around if people want it or need it

Fairy's ferry at your service, we fly you and your good but with boats!!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2019, 01:21:09 pm »

I started Portsmouth! Just havn't been playing in a while...

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2019, 01:31:03 pm »

I started Portsmouth! Just havn't been playing in a while...

well you sowed the Seed of what will be a great settlement!

Update:

I just saw an amazing brick house on the edge of Portsmouth, and It is amazing! far better then what I can do!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:02:33 pm by Fabulous death bringer »

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2019, 10:48:32 pm »

Great News every one! my project is effectively finished! all that remains now is in the interior of the Lighthouse with furniture and slight functionality.

• I still have to get grass growing on my island
  • Set up a small pond to grow veggies and reeds
[il]Need to decorate all the floors and figure out all the floors[/il]
[/list]
Currently my light house has a basement (which is the forge/stone workshop) and then floor 1 to 6, with 6 being my bed room, then the bulb room which is the top of the lighthouse

I want to have a kitchen, a library, alchemy lab, cartography room and possible something else, I just don't know which floor should be which. if you guys have any idea please feel free to tell me!

Now I would post photos, But for 2 problems

1) I don't know where Minecraft puts the screen shot images I take with it, or how that even works

2) I don't know exactly how to post images in my post.

I am still kind of new when it comes to using forums

I have been having great fun working on this and hope I can hope on every so often and continue to work on smaller scale project and cartography!

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2019, 02:20:59 am »

Now I would post photos, But for 2 problems

1) I don't know where Minecraft puts the screen shot images I take with it, or how that even works

2) I don't know exactly how to post images in my post.

Finding the Minecraft folder:

On Windows: press 'Windows key + R', type %appdata%, then open '.minecraft', and then the 'screenshots' folder inside.
    On Mac: click on the desktop, press Command+Shift+G, type ~/Library and press enter; then open 'Application Support' and finally 'minecraft' and 'screenshots'.

You can upload the image here:

https://imgur.com/upload

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2019, 04:27:58 am »

I came in, wandered around, found a small nice area to start a basic house before getting into anything big.

No idea where I went direction wise, I picked a random direction and kept running for fifteen or twenty minutes. I passed by a stone road going to a wooden dock with a large wooden ship, and a few other small things before I found myself near an untouched bay.

Think I will build a large tower in the middle of it, only accessible from underground, once I get more established.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33