Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 69014 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« on: June 02, 2019, 06:27:20 pm »

IP Address: 51.77.45.161:25590

Welcome to the new frontier. Thousands of miles of open land, ripe for civilizing. You might have been sent on a one-way journey to this unclaimed world for any number of reasons - to stake a claim, to start a new life, to create your magnum opus - but one thing is certain: there's no going back.

You and your fellow builders are tasked with creating beacons of civilization and connecting them. Houses, fortresses, castles, cities, towns, lodges, camps - any sort of settlement you can think of. In time, most settlements (not all - it's totally fine to build your own secret fortress) should be connected via roads, railroads, or tunnels.

This is a light RP server. What that means is that you don't need to have a backstory or stay in-character, but you shouldn't build anything that's overtly ridiculous (for example, no mile-high pixel art made entirely out of wool and pumpkins). Most of the settlements should be reasonable (even though reasonable DOES include gigantic obsidian fortresses with lava moats) and should usually have at least a token story (very soft requirement - nobody's going to enforce anything). Other than that, don't cheat, don't grief, and generally don't be a jerk.

Settlements
First Hearth: A small, communal lodge at the center of the map. Connected to the spawn point by a short road. It's very much a work-in-progress so feel free to help build it further and take any supplies you need.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 08:22:22 am »

Vanilla?
*yawn*

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 09:23:57 am »

I think I know a few people who might be willing to contribute, but they're not a part of Bay12 (I think) so I don't know if you'd be willing to trust them. You have my word that they won't go about setting things on fire.

Incidentially, in the event someone shows that IP address to other people and griefers show up, do we have any kind of rollback or grief protection system?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 09:36:49 am »

There's now an embark wagon:

I left some cooked fish and blindness-inducing stew moonshine inside.

I added a map and a book for listing settlement coordinates to First Hearth:

There are also now chicken and sheep near the cows. (The chicken are located inside the Hillhouse for the time being.)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:42:10 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 09:41:36 am »

Vanilla?
*yawn*

Vanilla not being your cup of tea doesn't mean it's boring for everyone.

I think I know a few people who might be willing to contribute, but they're not a part of Bay12 (I think) so I don't know if you'd be willing to trust them. You have my word that they won't go about setting things on fire.

Incidentially, in the event someone shows that IP address to other people and griefers show up, do we have any kind of rollback or grief protection system?

I don't have any objections to other players as long they're decent. I believe the server does make automatic backups, but I'll need to check what intervals it does that at.

I added a map and a book for listing settlement coordinates to First Hearth:

That's a good idea - I'll be sure to add my own base to that once I properly embark.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 09:43:38 am »

I would recommend you update to the latest version. I went to sleep in a bed and woke up outside the first hearth building.

I haven't had any issues updating to 1.14.2 on my own world.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 12:04:51 pm »

I'm having some trouble with my Mojang account atm, but as soon as I get it cleared up I will most definitely be joining for some light RP building!

I'm usually a creative person, but Vanilla at least beats all this crazy industrial mods--theyre hideous!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 04:56:18 pm »

I would recommend you update to the latest version. I went to sleep in a bed and woke up outside the first hearth building.

I haven't had any issues updating to 1.14.2 on my own world.

Yeah, I remember that issue. We can move the beds one block away from the wall and it'll solve it. I'll look into updating it if it doesn't break saves, though.

I'm having some trouble with my Mojang account atm, but as soon as I get it cleared up I will most definitely be joining for some light RP building!

I'm usually a creative person, but Vanilla at least beats all this crazy industrial mods--theyre hideous!

Glad to hear it! I never really got into the crazy mods either. Some of them are really fun, but most didn't quite hook me.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 05:56:45 pm »

I just like building things!

And its been a while so it'll be nice to put a way castle on peeps' path to the deeper frontier.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 05:23:15 am »

Built a mushroom hut for the doggo:

Unfortunately, a creeper took out part of it later. (Doggo survived, thankfully.)

Another one did some damage to part of the community lodge wall and bridge railing.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:24:52 am by Bumber »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 03:57:54 pm »

Here are some shots of my iron age/early medieval period hill fortress!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 06:49:12 pm »

Huh, didn't know this was here.

Anyway, I'm the infamous builder of a hill. There is a wooden hut on the hill.

Bow before my architectural brilliance.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 07:32:29 pm »

Are structures disabled on the server? Nobody seems to have run into any (except dungeons.) Without structures, you can't have potions, villagers, elytra, beacons, etc.

Maybe some kind of command block vending machine could be set up to trade emeralds (from extreme hills, followed by villagers after blaze rods are bought) for items.

Examples:
Code: [Select]
replaceitem entity @p[dy=2,nbt={SelectedItem:{id:"minecraft:emerald",Count:1b}}] weapon.mainhand minecraft:blaze_rod 1Buy blaze rod if exactly 1 emerald is held in the hand.

replaceitem entity @p[dy=2,nbt={SelectedItem:{id:"minecraft:emerald",Count:10b}}] weapon.mainhand minecraft:nether_star 1Buy nether star if exactly 10 emeralds are held in the hand.

execute as @p[dy=2,nbt={SelectedItem:{id:"minecraft:ender_eye",Count:1b}}] in minecraft:the_end run teleport 0 65 0Free teleport to the End if holding exactly 1 eye of ender.

There are probably ways to do it without holding exact numbers in the hand, but they'd be more complicated and probably require multiple command blocks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 03:39:23 pm by Bumber »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 07:56:18 pm »

I just built yet another wood hill hut. Bow down to me and my stone sword.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 09:08:17 pm »

PTW. Currently playing on the server, I've setup a colony down the coast from first hearth, named Portsmouth!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33