Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 70048 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2019, 02:19:45 am »

Located a jungle using a biome mapper. Turns out the closest one was along the one diagonal I didn't traverse, at around (7400, 64, 7200):

We've now got cocoa, jungle trees, and bamboo. The cockatiels I tamed weren't able to follow me back over the ocean, so no dancing birds until we get a nether portal there.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2019, 03:59:01 am »

Hey everyone! In light of how I keep disappearing and can't keep track of the server, I've decided two things: first off, here is a download link for a zipped file of the entire world as of a few days ago. If worst comes to worst, you'll all at least have a backup for someone else to host it.

Second, I'd like to get a few regulars to volunteer to act as admins / red-flag-wavers when the server goes down. If you'd be willing to do so, PM me and I'll send you my email address, which is a lot more reliable for getting my attention than posting here. Similarly, I'd like to find out who everyone would trust to have admin access for the purposes of updating the server and installing mods if the community wants them. If you'd like to volunteer or (more importantly) tell me who you'd trust to handle that, please PM me as well. I need to look into how Multicraft handles multiple tiers of admins, but it should be fine.

Nice to see you again... It's a pity you can't enjoy the server... Bumber, Japa, Th4DwArfY1 are pretty active users since the beginning...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2019, 04:22:01 am »

So I may have accidentally aggroed some zombie pigmen

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2019, 07:28:46 pm »

I have continued on my path to the title of "highest number of pathetic deaths".
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2019, 11:50:47 pm »

Here's a screenshot of the map from Vast to Fort Squidward at the time Araph uploaded the world file:
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2019, 01:44:22 am »

Here's a screenshot of the map from Vast to Fort Squidward at the time Araph uploaded the world file:

Nice map... What program did you use?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2019, 04:06:00 am »

Hey, I can see my house from here!

Also, what's that big port over to the far left?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2019, 04:40:04 am »

Nice map... What program did you use?
https://unmined.net/

Also, what's that big port over to the far left?
That's Vast, beyond PlayerDeer's Prevast.

Edit: Found a web host that lets you easily upload a website for 24 hours. Used it to host the browser version of the map. Check it out here:
http://affectionate-mestorf-522a5b.netlify.com/

I wish unmined let you place POIs.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:46:15 pm by Bumber »

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2019, 08:00:28 am »

Edit: Found a web host that lets you easily upload a website for 24 hours. Used it to host the browser version of the map. Check it out here:
http://affectionate-mestorf-522a5b.netlify.com/

I wish unmined let you place POIs.

I see a lot of exploration has been done, but there are still plenty of unexplored areas relatively near the spawn... If I were admin, I think I would use the command /worldborder set 20000 to prevent people going outside the boundaries of this -already huge- map... If the game is updated to 1.14.4 and structures can be enabled, villages and the rest of structures will spawn in the white unexplored areas of the map.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2019, 03:33:44 pm »

Hello all! I've joined and punched a zombie pigman, only to die. It's been a while since I've played, I forgot they did that...

Unrelated, I've marked out a small coastline south of Vast and Prevast where I'll be trying to build a village - no name yet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2019, 03:38:09 pm »

It would have helped if I hadn't been right beside you when you punched it.

;D
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2019, 04:17:03 pm »

The server has been updated! It is now on version 1.14.4 and has both structures and NPCs enabled in newly generated chunks. If everything breaks, please let me know. I made a new backup just in case.

Th4DwArfY1 has kindly volunteered to scream really loudly at me if the server goes down again. Feel free to message me if you'd like that honor as well.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2019, 04:24:48 pm »

I can't seem to join. Can Minecraft windows edition not connect to minecraft java multiplayer?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2019, 04:34:28 pm »

Guess I had to buy java edition. I connected to the server. What a complete rip off, having to buy minecraft twice when java edition used to be included. They force you to buy both if you want to play on java servers or windows servers. Oh well...at least I got ripped off and microsoft gets extra money from me and they ban java servers from being connected to which is dumb. but can play on the server now lol, so there is that. I look forward to meeting people on the server and checking it all out :) Plus java edition has a ton better mods anyway]

(edit:

made it to port vast, probably be the area I stay in as a home. My minecraft name is Khsar
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:47:19 pm by Trolldefender99 »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2019, 05:42:12 pm »

Okay, so issues:

The hunger bar is not depleting
No enemies are spawning
Japa pulled a Human Torch and walked unscathed through magma
And though I explored quite a bit, no structures.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33