Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 69015 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2019, 11:34:21 am »

Seus shaders and a nice texture pack. I liked it earlier in the thread, forgot now what it's called.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2019, 05:05:12 pm »

Fancy hole looks like the ringwraith grave from the Hobbit movies. I like it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2019, 02:27:28 pm »

I was going for artesian well, but that works too! I have also made it fancier since then.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2019, 06:08:55 pm »

I've decided to start wandering around cataloguing the settlements and features of the world. Probably not all at once, because there's kind of a lot of it and I'm still working on my own contributions.

Port Vast
Spoiler: Village and Docks (click to show/hide)
Located at the icy edges of civilization, this settlement consists of a cramped floating village and a long dock with a rather impressive ship in it.
Spoiler: Hilltop Market (click to show/hide)
The hilltop Vast Markets (ha ha) are colorful but feel rather sparse. Perhaps someday they'll become more bustling.

Prevast
Spoiler: Welcome to Prevast (click to show/hide)
Between the settlements of Port Vast and First Hearth lies Prevast, a pleasant and sprawling industrial and agricultural center. Here we have the Vast-side gate, blacksmith mill, and raised river gates. On the other side we see the hilltop enchanting facilities of the local lord, one PlayerDeer if local signage is to be believed.
The settlement is bounded on all sides by walls, though that doesn't prevent unpleasant characters from wandering in (as evidenced by my own patronage). Here you can see one raised and one lowered gates over the river that runs through it, as well as a side view of the blacksmith and attached watermill.
Most structures are located on the First Hearth side of the river, including various storage, workshop, and habitation arrangements. The pleasant garden and packed barn warrant particular attention.
Spoiler: Hearthside Gate (click to show/hide)
Finally, we have the First Hearth side gate from the outside. For most travelers this will be their first sight, but since I'm coming from the snowy wastelands to the west my route is somewhat backwards.

First Hearth
It'd be hard not to be at least aware of First Hearth, but considerably easier to have never ventured west of it. Here we see the edifices marking the western frontier (from Prevast's and First Hearth's side, respectively), and the very nearly good as new starting wagon.
Spoiler: Various Structures (click to show/hide)
Here we see the hilltop settlement (largely unused, to the best of my knowledge), communal lodge, probably-not-evil tower, and cathedral. There's lots more, but I don't even know where to start cataloguing it.
Spoiler: Our Next Destination (click to show/hide)
But what's this? A path leading over a bridge and to our next point of interest!

That's all for now, though. Tune in next time for the nameless cabin next to First Hearth and the finest inn in the land (out of one sampled)!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PlayerDeer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 12, 2019, 08:15:02 pm »

Thank you for taking pictures of my place! I've been meaning to but never did. One day I wish to finish the Vast Markets. Maybe one day make use of the small jousting area I added next to it.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2019, 08:52:27 pm »

The nameless cabin next to First Hearth, huh? It wouldn't happen to be one with an Illager banner on top, would it? 'Cause that might be my old place. I've since moved over to Brightplain Ranch, near Fort Squidward, so I don't really go there much anymore.

I'm more busy working on developing the Ranch (which should probably just be called a town now). Maybe I'll remove the animal pen and have the animals roam freely, too, like at an actual ranch.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2019, 07:50:16 am »

[snip]
Your images are all broken, as far as I can tell.
Nevermind
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 13, 2019, 09:49:14 am »

Is that the inn with the windmill? 'Cause it's dope.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2019, 09:57:58 am »

It is very cool to see peeps exploring my old structures!

I built the hilltop settlement and most of the First Hearth gates, please feel free to make use of the settlement for storage and corralling needs. I've really been off the MC kick since starting Grad School, but since things have slowed down a tad, I wouldn't mind hopping back on here or there, if people want some structures built in a style other than their own?

EDIT: Also pretty cool to see the server expanding like it is! Wish we could get some NPCs and books, et al. to infuse it even more with our burgeoning lore
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2019, 10:50:30 am »

Hey everyone, I just went on the server a couple of days ago, and i like what you got going! Are there any rules or such, that i need to be aware of, or is everything fair game (within the bounds of common decency of course)?

On a different note, I think it could be really cool if there was a DF type trade depot in the different colonies/settlements. Perhaps using diamonds as currency and redstone to regulate prices or something? what do you guys think?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2019, 11:46:45 am »

Sounds like a cool idea.

Also, there are no rules barring what you aptly name 'common decency'.

It is very cool to see peeps exploring my old structures!

I built the hilltop settlement and most of the First Hearth gates, please feel free to make use of the settlement for storage and corralling needs. I've really been off the MC kick since starting Grad School, but since things have slowed down a tad, I wouldn't mind hopping back on here or there, if people want some structures built in a style other than their own?

EDIT: Also pretty cool to see the server expanding like it is! Wish we could get some NPCs and books, et al. to infuse it even more with our burgeoning lore
If you ever want to dig, Moria needs miners. I don't think it's humanly possible for me to dig out what I have cordoned off XD
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mocman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2019, 05:43:26 pm »

It seems the First Hearth has gone a month without a monsoon out side it's walls.
Unfortunately it seems one of us has dug into an above ground aquifer and now there is flooding!
I've managed to build another damn next to the chapel.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:33:00 pm by mocman »
Have a wonderful day

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2019, 06:53:49 pm »

Thank you for taking pictures of my place! I've been meaning to but never did. One day I wish to finish the Vast Markets. Maybe one day make use of the small jousting area I added next to it.
Thank you for having food in the frozen wastes! Greatly simplified me getting dug into my current place.

The nameless cabin next to First Hearth, huh? It wouldn't happen to be one with an Illager banner on top, would it? 'Cause that might be my old place. I've since moved over to Brightplain Ranch, near Fort Squidward, so I don't really go there much anymore.

I'm more busy working on developing the Ranch (which should probably just be called a town now). Maybe I'll remove the animal pen and have the animals roam freely, too, like at an actual ranch.
Is that the inn with the windmill? 'Cause it's dope.
Let's find out! spoiler: very dope

Nameless Cabin
View from the front. The cabin has nice hearths, but is either under construction or has suffered an Incident.
Spoiler: Nice View (click to show/hide)
The nearby watchtower isn't much, but provides a nice view of both First Hearth and the cabin itself.

Hit the Sack Inn
As you can see, an impressive multistory edifice.
The common room in the bottom is actually a little ominous! And here we see the windmill tower from the bottom, as opposed to the main structure from the windmill.
Spoiler: The Slammer (click to show/hide)
The basement has a truly impressive collection of workstations and materials, confirming the industriousness of its maker(s). Also a cage to hold political dissidents drunks caught scuffling above.
Spoiler: The Accommodations (click to show/hide)
There's only a few rooms, but the one I stayed in was nice and had a very pleasant view!
Spoiler: Map! (click to show/hide)
Assuming this is accurate, the inn lies about halfway between First Hearth and Portsmouth Colony- a good position for an inn.

That's all for now. I'll probably get back to building rather than sightseeing when I get back on, but at some point I'll continue my tour of the world's current wonders.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2019, 02:50:49 am »

Awh, drat. A quick hike up the mountain path and you're at Moria :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2019, 05:18:20 am »

Villagers seem to have displaced the chickens at First Hearth. I removed the surrounding ledges to they can't fall in again and lured some chickens back.

I also repaired the embark wagon.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33