Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 69006 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #360 on: March 22, 2020, 12:40:12 am »

PTW
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 04, 2020, 09:00:27 am »

Failed to verify username.   

Is the server down?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 04, 2020, 06:27:51 pm »

Failed to verify username.   

Is the server down?

Working fine for me.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 05, 2020, 06:53:35 am »

Ditto
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 10, 2020, 03:58:35 pm »

Looks like one of the new snapshots (20w16a) messes with nether fort locations. 20w15a seems to be stable enough (out for 4 weeks with no critical bug fixes since) if we want to update the server.

That way we get to start generating the new nether biomes, and a nether fortress is still located conveniently in the path of my nether rail.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2020, 06:39:01 pm »

I'm still 100% in favour of said update.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2020, 09:08:08 am »

I'm still 100% in favour of said update.

Are you familiar enough with running servers to ask Araph to give you admin access?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2020, 09:25:14 am »

I'm afraid not. I'm relatively computer illiterate.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 11, 2020, 09:28:06 am »

I guess I'll try then.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 17, 2020, 01:11:37 pm »

Hey everyone! Bumber is now an admin on the server and has access to all of the server administration tools, so he can enable structures, add mods, whatever everyone agrees on. I made a backup of the world as well, so we can always revert if something breaks during experimentation.

Sorry I've been so absent as an admin - I haven't had a lot of time for side stuff. I've left the server up because I always disliked building things only for a server to mysteriously disappear when the host gets bored, so I'll keep it up as long as people are still playing.

Alternatively, if everyone is tired of vanilla, we can retire this map (i.e. put the backup on Dropbox for anyone who wants it to download) and create a new server with a bunch of mods.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2020, 01:47:58 pm »

Lol, I've tried starting on this server twice now, and both times I died in some frustrating way and then lost my stuff, so I got discouraged. Might go back for round three. I'd like mods, though, yeah, but if people are already very invested in this world, I wouldn't want to separate them from it.

If we're going for mods, can I suggest Biomes O' Plenty, and Redstone++? The second one doesn't even need a new world, I think.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 17, 2020, 04:15:08 pm »

Great to hear that stuff is happening again! :)

I am personally not someone who likes mods, unless its a full modpack like FTB or Tekkit or something. But Im not playing on the server right now, because its not updated to 1.15... are there any plans for an update?

I think we can get a lot of fun out of vanilla just by agreeing on some projects or things to do, like a central marketplace where we can buy and sell stuff for our individual projects. Since we dont have a lot of players, I dont think stealing and griefing is a big concern there.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 17, 2020, 04:18:34 pm »

Yeah, I was gonna build a Coliseum of sorts, which can pit players against hostile mobs that are automatically fed into the arena. Could also be PvP or co-op. That might be a nice project, right?

Which is partially why I'd like Redstone++. It adds some new functionality while retaining the original feel of redstone in Minecraft.

EDIT: Actually, apparently it only supports up to Minecraft 12.2. Bummer.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:20:40 pm by bloop_bleep »

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 17, 2020, 05:51:39 pm »

Knowing redstone, you can probably do this without any mods, especially with the new 1.15 features :) Do say if i can help with the project! :D
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 17, 2020, 10:47:14 pm »

I think I've got the hang of enabling structures and updating.

Just need to restore a backup from a failed attempt where the structures didn't generate.

Who died in Fort Squidward? Saw a bunch of items scattered on the ground. (Including some of Camp Squidward's nether brick, for some reason. ::)) I'll put the equipment in a chest once I finish restoring the backup.

Edit: Looks like the fort's livestock pens got burned down, too. Hope that was an ill-advised attempt at getting cooked meat, rather than griefing. Also hoping that the unreasonable number of gold and diamonds left scattered weren't stolen.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:58:56 am by Bumber »

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33